Author Topic: Arnold in his prime could not win a pro card this year.  (Read 6872 times)

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
Re: Arnold in his prime could not win a pro card this year.
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »
times change, drugs change, standards change.

with myostatin inhibitors, gene manipulation, and who knows what, bodybuilding will change. 

hopefully gh guts and lypoatrophic faces will disappear.  and bodybuilders won't get winded walking across the stage.

Even if new drugs would allow for more size than 300lbs at 5'10". The heart can only take so much...
Obese ppl over 300lbs are struggeling and fat is just dead weight, muscles require blood, oxygen etc...

Coleman is unsurpassable, at 300 you are already pushing it. I think we are at the end of the line. Who would be willing to weigh 320 or more in contest shape, which translates to 20lbs heavier offseason. 340-350lbs to walk around with ???
tank u jesus

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 11:39:18 AM »
"best ever"  ::) ...it hasnt been since the 1980's that arnold's physique is worthy of the IFBB..

And yet, he makes a certain recent Mr. O look like dog shit.  Go figure.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2009, 11:45:09 AM »
Even if new drugs would allow for more size than 300lbs at 5'10". The heart can only take so much...
Obese ppl over 300lbs are struggeling and fat is just dead weight, muscles require blood, oxygen etc...

Coleman is unsurpassable, at 300 you are already pushing it. I think we are at the end of the line. Who would be willing to weigh 320 or more in contest shape, which translates to 20lbs heavier offseason. 340-350lbs to walk around with ???

Easy. Just install second set of heart and lungs. Capacity = doubled.  ;D Not even impossible idea.  ;)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 11:48:17 AM »
And yet, he makes a certain recent Mr. O look like dog shit.  Go figure.

Just like ND you use only some of the lamest comparisons out there, curtesy the low standards of iron age lol

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2009, 12:11:14 PM »
I think we are at the end of the line. Who would be willing to weigh 320 or more in contest shape, which translates to 20lbs heavier offseason. 340-350lbs to walk around with ???

and in the late 70s and early 80s, when all the top bodybuilders were in the 240 range, who would have thought that 280 was even possible?   who could have predicted the change in physiques, even at local amateur contests, caused by gh and insulin?

I mentioned gene manipulation is on the horizon.  that would certainly include improvements to the heart and lungs.

My prediction:  we'll reach the end of the line of bodybuilding when anyone can at any time have any physique.  no workouts necessary.    manipulate a few genes, hook up to a machine to pump you full of nutrients, go to sleep, wake up with an Olympia type physique.    Need a swimmers build next weekend?  No problem.   Change as many times as you like.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2009, 12:13:55 PM »
Just like ND you use only some of the lamest comparisons out there, curtesy the low standards of iron age lol

If Ronnie's superiority is on the level that you continually claim, it should not matter.  Seems to me that you're essentially admitting that even during Ronnie's Olympia reign, it's unfair to compare him to the guy who was champ way back in 1975.  Weak!  Truly weak.  Then again, he did lose to Gunter!

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2009, 12:23:21 PM »
he could. He had quality mass.

At 237lbs looks IMO 265lbs. He was good enough.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2009, 12:25:09 PM »
and in the late 70s and early 80s, when all the top bodybuilders were in the 240 range, who would have thought that 280 was even possible?   who could have predicted the change in physiques, even at local amateur contests, caused by gh and insulin?

I mentioned gene manipulation is on the horizon.  that would certainly include improvements to the heart and lungs.

My prediction:  we'll reach the end of the line of bodybuilding when anyone can at any time have any physique.  no workouts necessary.    manipulate a few genes, hook up to a machine to pump you full of nutrients, go to sleep, wake up with an Olympia type physique.    Need a swimmers build next weekend?  No problem.   Change as many times as you like.

we'll see the hover boards from "back to the future part 2" before we see this

E
E

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2009, 01:29:48 PM »
we'll see the hover boards from "back to the future part 2" before we see this

E

lol we'll see a whole lot more than hoverboards before that will be reality
tank u jesus

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2009, 01:37:02 PM »
Some people like Arnie are relatively light and huge looking.

Some people are really heavy on the scale though don't look as big.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2009, 01:44:31 PM »
These pics are from the 70's and tremendous just think if he had the shit today these guys are taking. 8)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2009, 01:47:52 PM »
Another plain old stupid thread!!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2009, 01:57:53 PM »
Another plain old stupid thread!!
I agree lets spice it up...

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2009, 02:30:40 PM »

:D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2009, 02:40:26 PM »
weight is just a number.  arnold stated he was more concerned with "proportions" and "symmetry" than just getting big.  Markus Ruhl is big, but is not as good as arnold.  arnold could have gotten bigger, but he chose to stay in proportion. 

Also, look at the big guys today.  How much of that extra weight is in their guts?  They have size 40 waists, so no wonder they weigh more. 
arnold wasnt in proportion. his chest and biceps over powered everything else in his upperbody, and even his other upper body parts (the ones that are so overpowered by his chest and biceps) way overpower his lower body. 

lack of abdominal distension doesnt automatically mean shape and symetry

arnnie next to ruhl they would have to give it to ruhl based on size alone..not to mention everything aboutg ruhls entire physique is/was better than arnies. ruhl is one of the few huge mass monsters with a tight waist and v taper

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2009, 03:26:39 PM »

pumpster the troll in yet another Arnold thread typing my name  ;D thanks for proving my point  ;)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2009, 03:31:50 PM »
pumpster the troll in yet another Arnold thread typing my name  ;D thanks for proving my point  ;)

How about this troll stops trying to hijack threads long enough to focus on what it's about lol

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2009, 03:37:25 PM »

Good comparison. Couple of things. Arnold still holds his own there (you can't exactly see Ronnie dominating in size can you?), and at that point (in 1973, at the age of 26) was still a work in progress.  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2009, 03:39:07 PM »
How about this troll stops trying to hijack threads long enough to focus on what it's about lol

again trolling your opinion in yet another Arnold thread whilst mentioning my name .

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2009, 03:50:10 PM »

thats a fucking joke.

arnold could never equal ronnie on size and conditioning

now dont tell me arnolds toothpic legs were tha same size as ronnies as dispplayed in this photoshopes as hell pic

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2009, 03:53:28 PM »
All natural ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2009, 04:03:33 PM »
thats a fucking joke.

now dont tell me arnolds toothpic legs were tha same size as ronnies as dispplayed in this photoshopes as hell pic

Arnold is behind on size & conditioning no doubts comparing the era's is silly because of the massive advances in technology and drugs

the more important question is how would Ronnie compare while doing just d-balls and whatever else Arnold was on or how about the same weight? or less? I mean if they two face each other in a contest Ronnie would win easily but that's not saying much

despite all of the advantages compared to Ronnioe just purely from an aesthetic standpoint Arnold looks better in this pose to me at least

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2009, 04:06:22 PM »
thats a fucking joke.

Are you friggin blind?? Arnolds legs are half the size of Colemans and soaking-wet. Same goes for the arms. Where does he hold his own in that pic or equls him on size and conditioning lol??

I posted that pic to show how pathetic Arnold looks next to a Coleman, and not to show how good he can hold his own.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2009, 04:22:26 PM »

could never?   I'm not sure if this is just bad grammar or what.   If you mean Arnold never did equal Ronnie on size and conditioning, well of course, they were in different eras with different drugs.   If instead you mean if everything else was equal, Ronnie would still dominate Arnold, then you don't know what you're talking about.   Compare Arnold at 16 with Ronnie at 16.  They were either both drug free, or pretty close to it.  Arnold was the better athlete, had the better physique when they were in their teens.  Compare Arnold and Ronnie when they both only used steroids.  Arnold would dominate.  Compare when they both used GH, Ronnie would dominate, but that's because he was still an up and coming bodybuilder, and Arnold was  making billions of dollars for the movie studios.  Compare Arnold and Ronnie were doing gh and insulin and a whole bunch of other drugs.  Whoops, Arnold never used the current drugs, at least not in any significant way.    

To put it another way, what makes an athlete tops in his field?   Genetics, knowledge, resources, and drive.  Ronnie has the bigger physique because of better knowledge and resources  (better drugs, better ways to use them).    Arnold is one of the most driven persons in the world.  And Arnold had incredible genetics.   If a young bodybuilder with Arnold's genetics and drive were to take all the drugs Ronnie has taken, there is no reason to think he couldn't accomplish just as much, if not more.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2009, 04:27:21 PM »
could never?   I'm not sure if this is just bad grammar or what.   If you mean Arnold never did equal Ronnie on size and conditioning, well of course, they were in different eras with different drugs.   If instead you mean if everything else was equal, Ronnie would still dominate Arnold, then you don't know what you're talking about.   Compare Arnold at 16 with Ronnie at 16.  They were either both drug free, or pretty close to it.  Arnold was the better athlete, had the better physique when they were in their teens.  Compare Arnold and Ronnie when they both only used steroids.  Arnold would dominate.  Compare when they both used GH, Ronnie would dominate, but that's because he was still an up and coming bodybuilder, and Arnold was  making billions of dollars for the movie studios.  Compare Arnold and Ronnie were doing gh and insulin and a whole bunch of other drugs.  Whoops, Arnold never used the current drugs, at least not in any significant way.    

To put it another way, what makes an athlete tops in his field?   Genetics, knowledge, resources, and drive.  Ronnie has the bigger physique because of better knowledge and resources  (better drugs, better ways to use them).    Arnold is one of the most driven persons in the world.  And Arnold had incredible genetics.   If a young bodybuilder with Arnold's genetics and drive were to take all the drugs Ronnie has taken, there is no reason to think he couldn't accomplish just as much, if not more.

Great post ! succinct