Author Topic: Arnold in his prime could not win a pro card this year.  (Read 6868 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Arnold in his prime could not win a pro card this year.
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2009, 10:15:35 AM »
As far as the speculation/wishful thinking by the usual assortment of Arnold hangers-on and misfits that Schwarzenegger would've gotten better had he continued competing, that's very debatable[/b]. Factoring in the length of time he was juicing and training seriously beginning in his early teens, his career was about as long as Colemans and I suspect based on the visual evidence coupled with his actions he knew by 73-74 he'd gone as far as he could in terms of BB goals.

Most of the Arnold ball lickers don't train and thus don't comprehend that Schwarzie knew to hang it up at his best; perfect fodder for babbling groupies then and now to continue the what-ifs lol. He only came out of retirement a couple of times for movie-related reasons, not for BB purposes.

The drugs are another issue and they likely would've been a big factor BUT we'll never know that nor what the downsides on his appearance would've been either.

??? I think you mean some other years.

As far as the speculation/wishful thinking by the usual assortment of Arnold hangers-on and misfits that Schwarzenegger would've gotten better had he continued competing, that's very debatable[/b]. Factoring in the length of time he was juicing and training seriously beginning in his early teens, his career was about as long as Colemans and I suspect based on the visual evidence coupled with his actions he knew by 73-74 he'd gone as far as he could in terms of BB goals.

It's not debatable he would have gotten better it's a fact , there were many areas of his physique he most certainly could have and did improve on like abdominals , intercostals and obliques ( see 1980 where this areas clearly improved over his early days ) because there were more of an emphasis on these muscles , another area he could have most certainly improved was hamstrings , he could have improved on his conditioning as well .

And he had gone as far as he could go in terms of his BB goals? how about he did everything he wanted to and wanted to move onto bigger & better things , he really didn't face anyone who pushed him with the sole exception of Sergio and Arnold thrives on competition and I wish Sergio would have beat Arnold in 72 that would have motivated Arnold even more to improve . and he was juicing since his early teens? and? back then they would come off and they aren't on anything anywhere near what they're doing today , so stop acting like his physique was burnt out from heavy drug use

Most of the Arnold ball lickers don't train and thus don't comprehend that Schwarzie knew to hang it up at his best; perfect fodder for babbling groupies then and now to continue the what-ifs lol. He only came out of retirement a couple of times for movie-related reasons, not for BB purposes.

He never reached his best not considered all of the above , he had many areas he could have improved on , I love how it drives you absolutely crazy that Arnold crushed your heros , you've even reduced to attacking anyone who agrees with Arnold's dominance  ;D maybe if he used a BowFlex he would have really improved LMFAO I bet he couldn't bench 400 pounds power-rods

The drugs are another issue and they likely would've been a big factor BUT we'll never know that nor what the downsides on his appearance would've been either.

Arnold was tall he could have added a lot of size to his quads , hams and even his back with NO ill effects to his structure it would have balanced out his physique more as well

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2009, 10:18:28 AM »
Actually it was confirmed as a transplant.

at least dorian held it in on stage
carpe` vaginum!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2009, 10:22:31 AM »

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2009, 10:23:10 AM »
Without a doubt if Arnold competed today with the same drive and motivation he had for bodybuilding in the 60s and 70s he would be numero uno.  

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2009, 10:26:26 AM »
Arnold could do whatever the fuck he wanted
You think he wouldnt have beaten Alvisi,Darryl Gee,Ayotoyin or whichever nobody wins the North Americans this weekend??
Fuck,I even fancy my own chances

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2009, 10:27:22 AM »
Pretty sure he was on drugs then too.  Sorry to burst your bubble.

bet he was a good quad A player in louisiana without the drugs.  ronnie was too country, was all grits and heavy weights in North LA , didnt start the drugs til police dept and bbing.  it's documented ronnie was clueless about drugs for the longest.  u realize that people can excel with the drugs. the world cant do a damn thing without steriods is the anthem of this board.  i'm sure shawn ray set those records in orange cty without drugs also as a RB.  wild guess phil heath played D1 without gear.    
Oh...Monica!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2009, 10:36:19 AM »
;D

i mean at least Dorian held it in on stage mang!

Ronnie..well that belly is a disgrace...
carpe` vaginum!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2009, 10:52:25 AM »
at least dorian held it in on stage

hahaha what drugs are you on?
Flower Boy Ran Away

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2009, 10:56:15 AM »
Die steirische Eichl still rocks....

suckmymuscle

« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2009, 11:13:32 AM »
Arnold in his prime could not win a pro card this year.

It would be up to the judges. Arnold's best competition weight, at the 1974 Olympia, was 237 lbs. That is only a little bit below what a top amateur of Arnold's height would compete at. Considering his incredible aesthetics and the fact that he still holds his own in size, he could win a pro card. The judges would look at Arnold and see that he was only 10-20 lbs lighter than other competitors of his height but with superior aesthetics, and that might make him win or the size difference would tip the scales in favor of his competitors. In any case, Arnold's deficiency in size, compared to top amateurs, would be small enough to give him a chance of winning. Now, for a top pro Arnold would be too small. You would expect a top pro of Arnold's height to compete around 280 lbs.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2009, 12:37:38 PM »
hahaha what drugs are you on?

where is the gut?  ??? I see thick obliques not gut

hmmmm pic up an anatomy book

body88

« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2009, 12:42:23 PM »
Here come the Yates vs Coleman fags/geeks to ruin another thread that has nothing to do with them.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2009, 12:45:26 PM »
Here come the Yates vs Coleman fags/geeks to ruin another thread that has nothing to do with them.

Ahhh if you notice I was sticking to the topic until Hulkster & pumpster the trolls invaded

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »
Ahhh if you notice I was sticking to the topic until Hulkster & pumpster the trolls invaded

Yup, the ambiguously gay duo Huckster & Pumpster strike again. 

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2009, 08:58:19 PM »
There aren't too many bodybuilders that wouldn't give their left nut to look like the Oak.

Nice work on the caps, ND!

bigkahuna

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2009, 09:15:28 PM »
Arnolds low on stage weight was lagely due to his smallish legs.

If he was competing nowadays no doubt he would bring his legs up to modern standards.

Would be 255lbs+ on stage...

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2009, 11:15:27 AM »
i wish i 'could not' win a pro card in my prime
tank u jesus

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2009, 11:24:49 AM »
I'm not a fan but comparing most modern bodybuilders to Arnold is silly. He just had superior genetics and all the drugs in the world aren't gonna make most guys come close.

There's an old saying that applies: You can't polish a turd. :)

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2009, 11:43:59 AM »
I'm not a fan but comparing most modern bodybuilders to Arnold is silly. He just had superior genetics and all the drugs in the world aren't gonna make most guys come close.

There's an old saying that applies: You can't polish a turd. :)
Exactly..The gyms are full of guys that are loaded up on 3 grams of test a week, insulin, tons of GH and most of them can't come close to to Arnold on a handful of d-bols and few Primobolin shots a week.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2009, 11:48:28 AM »
Exactly..The gyms are full of guys that are loaded up on 3 grams of test a week, insulin, tons of GH and most of them can't come close to to Arnold on a handful of d-bols and few Primobolin shots a week.

From a purely genetic standpoint, I'd argue well over 90% of people are wasting their money on drugs.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2009, 11:48:47 AM »
"best ever"  ::) ...it hasnt been since the 1980's that arnold's physique is worthy of the IFBB..
ARNIE HAS THE GREATEST CHEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAYBE BICEPS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!! AS FOR CALVES, MANY CHAMPS TODAY WISH THEY HAD A SET OF CALVES LIKE THE OAK

TODAY THE GUYS LOOK LIKE CATTLE................AR NIE HAD EVERYTHING..........HE TOOK FAR LESS DRUGS AND NEVER HAD A SO-CALLED GUT ON HIM LIKE THESE GUYS POSSESS TODAY......ARNOLD AND COMPANY WOULD LOOK MUCH MORE PLEASING THAN THE SYNTHOL ENHANCED CATTLE OF TODAY. RANT OVER!!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2009, 11:55:15 AM »
WHY IS IT THAT PEOPLE STILL ARE TALKING ABOUT WEIGHT......WHO CARES WHAT THESE GUYS WEIGH TODAY.............THEY LOOK AWEFUL......SAVE DEX...MELVIN....TROY.... .VINNY.....DEX.....

WHAT DOES IT MATTER ABOUT CONTEST WEIGHT........I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THESE 280 POUND GUYS

ARNOLD @ A MUCH LIGHTER BODYWEIGHT STILL OUT CLASSES THE GUYS OF TODAY!!! SO DO.....ROBBY.....LEE HANEY.....DEMEY......PAD ILLA.......THE LIST GOES ON......THESE FELLAS TODAY ARE A MESS.....BUT WE STILL HAVE PEOPLE HERE OBSESSED WITH WHAT THE FRIGGIN SCALE SAYS.....DEX IS 225-230 AND WILL BEAT ALL THESE GORILLAS WITH 40 INCH WAISTS........

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2009, 12:20:03 PM »

is insulin use common among just regular gym rats these days?

E
E

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2009, 12:25:20 PM »
Some people like Arnie are relatively light and huge looking.

Some people are really heavy on the scale though don't look as big.
true this seems to be a concept a lot of people cant get there head around....
people carry weight differently.
choice is an illusion

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2009, 03:05:39 PM »
is insulin use common among just regular gym rats these days?

E
It seems to be..plus you read about a lot of guys on this board that use it....that don't exactly look like Pros.