Author Topic: NAZI Checkpoint Confronted  (Read 3655 times)

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Re: NAZI Checkpoint Confronted
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 04:22:09 AM »

If you aren't an illegal it shouldn't bother you one bit that there was a checkpoint there.

It's not much of a reach to have this sentence read, "If you have nothing to hide,...why should you object to being under scrutiny?"

It's not much of a further reach to have it say, "If you have nothing to hide,...why should you object to random searches of cars?"

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 05:08:59 AM »
Every single one of the fag 'protesters' there is a fucking traitor. This video pissed me off. I hope illegals rape and murder every one of their families.

So what if the border is 50 miles away? If illegals get in so far they should be allowed to stay?

What bullshit. If you aren't an illegal it shouldn't bother you one bit that there was a checkpoint there.

Hugo why do you support this douchebaggery?

So I'm pro illegals now ::)  What you're totally for the 2nd amendment and any attempt to reinterpret it or go around it but fuck the 4th amendment?  Priceless...  Hereford, why do you support this douchebaggery?

lol

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 05:17:58 AM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2009, 05:32:27 AM »
"saftey stops" ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2009, 05:57:40 AM »

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2009, 08:49:12 AM »
What you're totally for the 2nd amendment and any attempt to reinterpret it or go around it but fuck the 4th amendment?

I really don't get this mentality from the right either.  Selective application of rights at it's finest.  I can completely understand reasonable checkpoints, like if a child was recently abducted or something, but this crap of stop everyone in the "hope" that maybe they will find something is just flat out tyranny.

Amazing how people who want less government support this stuff.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2009, 10:22:50 AM »
Random checkpoints for the sake of having checkpoints are explicitly unconstitutional. To investigate a crime that recently occured, uniformly applied sobriety checks and other similar things are ok-- But pretty much anything else is 100% unlawful. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2009, 11:31:25 AM »
Random checkpoints for the sake of having checkpoints are explicitly unconstitutional. To investigate a crime that recently occured, uniformly applied sobriety checks and other similar things are ok-- But pretty much anything else is 100% unlawful. 

Checkpoints for the sake of checkpoints don't exist to my knowledge.  There's always some excuse or justification that can be concocted.  In the Sitz case allowing sobriety check points, only 1.5% of the stops resulted in arrest.  So the Rehnquist court used that small fraction to determine that the States interest outweighed the individuals.  And with that type of "reasonableness" test, where is the line drawn?

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2009, 11:32:31 AM »
They have reasonable suspicion that there are illegals sneaking in using those routes.

I have no problem with them looking for criminals in this manner. The 4th amendment argument is irrelevent here, because there ARE large numbers of criminals going down that road.

Classic leftist argument. Lets allow thousands of criminals to pass freely just so we don't offend anyone on 'constitutional' grounds. Lets ignore the real-world to focus on political correctness so that a bunch of college-liberals can feel good about themselves and get famous on the internet.

Shit like this is an indication that this country is on the decline.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2009, 11:33:53 AM »
They have reasonable suspicion that there are illegals sneaking in using those routes.

I have no problem with them looking for criminals in this manner. The 4th amendment argument is irrelevent here, because there ARE large numbers of criminals going down that road.

Classic leftist argument. Lets allow thousands of criminals to pass freely just so we don't offend anyone on 'constitutional' grounds. Lets ignore the real-world to focus on political correctness so that a bunch of college-liberals can feel good about themselves and get famous on the internet.

idiot.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2009, 11:47:42 AM »

Upholding one of our fundamental constitutional rights is not political correctness.  Yes, there are real world implications.  But just because the job of catching illegals is harder, does not mean we should ease that burden by giving up our rights.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2009, 12:00:03 PM »

Upholding one of our fundamental constitutional rights is not political correctness.  Yes, there are real world implications.  But just because the job of catching illegals is harder, does not mean we should ease that burden by giving up our rights.

:D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2009, 12:02:35 PM »

I have no problem with them looking for criminals in this manner. The 4th amendment argument is irrelevent here,

I stopped reading at this point.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2009, 12:12:22 PM »
Simple solution.....only stop cars with brown people in them. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2009, 01:20:11 PM »