Author Topic: Olympia: Jay Trash-Talking Dexter: Oh, Snap!  (Read 49228 times)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Olympia: Jay Trash-Talking Dexter: Oh, Snap!
« on: August 30, 2009, 11:14:57 AM »
From this month's issue . . .

FLEX: In your opinion, has Dexter been a good Mr. Olympia?

Jay: [Sighs] It's hard to determine a good Mr. Olympia. Has he been an exposed Mr. Olympia? No. Has he worked to get himself out there? No. Mr. Olympia is expected to be the best bodybuilder on the planet one day a year, but as far as I'm concerned there's a lot more that goes with the title.

FLEX: You've insinuated that you think Kai Greene is your main competition at this year's show. Do you really believe that, or is he just one of many?

Jay: He's one of many . . . From what [Dexter] is saying, Dexter Jackson doesn't really think I'm much competition, but I don't think he's much competition either. I really hate to throw Dexter Jackson under the bus and say he doesn't give me respect, but I'm not giving him any respect either. Because I really don't think he can beat the two guys I just mentioned [Kai Greene and Phil Heath].

FLEX: Dexter can't beat Phil or Kai? Why?

Jay: It's a size thing again. I know Phil's in a good place right now. I know Kai Greene is hungry to win this thing. I'm not sure if he thinks he can, but he's got a lot of detail. I think both these guys are more detailed than Dexter. But then people say, "Where does that put you? Dexter has a lot of detail." But Dexter doesn't have the deep thigh cuts that I have. Just standing there, with the dominance factor, I don't think Dexter has it.

FLEX: This year, Dexter is entering the Olympia with a taget on his back. How much more pressure is he under coming into this show as the defending champ?

Jay: The thing that affects Dexter is he's thinking. "I have to be big enough." Dexter's game is being shredded and winning shows like that. Last year, he said he didn't come in as ripped on purpose, but honestly I think he's full of shit. He's gonne say things after the show. He says he knew I was gonna be off, but I know in his head he's just talking out of his ass. He was hoping. I think Dexter is not as secure and not as confident with himself as he appears in public.

He really needs to win this Olympia to gain any respect and if he doesn't win, he's just gonna be looked on as the guy that won on a fluke, which I've been kind of saying all year.

haha strong words

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: Jay on Dexter: Oh, Snap!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 11:22:19 AM »
Haha, he said like it is...

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 11:23:52 AM »
Wow, great comments.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 11:25:38 AM »
very true.

dex is a one time Mr. O.

appears to be an arogant asshole.
you are gay.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 11:28:17 AM »
I really wish the fridge would just shut up and go away.  No one has been given more gifts than him.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 11:28:53 AM »
i really think Jay is gonna win this year.
you are gay.

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 11:29:57 AM »
Dex has done nothing to bbing and he is an arrogant asshole.
J

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 11:36:15 AM »
I really wish the fridge would just shut up and go away.  No one has been given more gifts than him.

He is pretty much gone after this years Olympia...I count on it.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 11:41:13 AM »
He is pretty much gone after this years Olympia...I count on it.

Jay: I know what I need to do and my back is against the wall. This is it for Jay Cutler.

FLEX: Are you saying this will be your last Olympia if you don't win?

Jay: No. But this is it. Any credibility that I have walking on the Olympia stage and expecting to win, it's this year. If I can't pull this shit off being my best, I ain't doing it. It's over for me if I can't win this show this year. I'm gonna be written off as a former, just another contender at this point of probably not winning, but maybe still being in the mix.

PIP

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 12:07:54 PM »
jay is a fool.  win or not he can still keep cash in his acct like ronnie, is still the most marketable of the top 10 guys.  he probably has another arnold or two wins under his belt.

dex is just a setup for heath...so ami could say they were moving towards more narrow and small bodies. 

if kai has passed phil...dex gets number 2 or jay pulls a rabbit and gets 3. 

kai is a fun guy ala ronnie but his freak stuff kills him in the end.  he could rule the arnold and say f##k.  the cheque is still good.   
Oh...Monica!

spinnis

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 12:12:43 PM »
jay is a fool.  win or not he can still keep cash in his acct like ronnie, is still the most marketable of the top 10 guys. 

So smart would be still staying on Shitload of AAS despite being a millionaire.

And Dumb would be stop BB and enjoy his life as a millionaire?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 12:13:03 PM »
He is right about it being Green and Heath, not Jackson.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 12:21:41 PM »
Jay is actually doing good by smack talking, creates some sort of controversy in the industry between the competitors

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 01:00:55 PM »
Jay is actually doing good by smack talking, creates some sort of controversy in the industry between the competitors

Agreed - makes him considerably more interesting than we've seen him in previous years - he's using last year's defeat to give him that fire up his ass he so desperately needs.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 01:06:33 PM »
Dexter Jackson on himself:

"This Mr. Olympia don't have to train heavy. He just has to eat and work out 3 days a week."

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 01:18:08 PM »
Agreed - makes him considerably more interesting than we've seen him in previous years - he's using last year's defeat to give him that fire up his ass he so desperately needs.
man that could have been put in a million different ways then that  :-[   ;D
follow the arrows

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 01:18:38 PM »
Dexter Jackson on himself:

"This Mr. Olympia don't have to train heavy. He just has to eat and work out 3 days a week."

what? he's bragging about being lazy again??

he only works out 3 times a week?

working out and eating should be your passion as a bodybuilder. Not something you try to get away with doing the bare minimum of.
meltdown
tank u jesus

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 01:28:21 PM »
what? he's bragging about being lazy again??

he only works out 3 times a week?

working out and eating should be your passion as a bodybuilder. Not something you try to get away with doing the bare minimum of.
meltdown

Yeah, it detracts from his own accomplishment if he's going to downplay the effort it took to get there.  If that's his attitude, it will come back to haunt him when he loses the title.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 02:20:59 PM »
Dexter on Phil:

"There's no mistake about it, he's going to be one of the best ever. He's going to be Mr. Olympia soon. Maybe not this year, but I'm sure he's going to push me. And he could possibly beat me, but I'm going to give 100% and I think I can pull off one more. But next year . . . I doubt if I can pull off threee in a row."

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 02:24:32 PM »
horseshit.

Dex is currently staying with the Cutler Family out in Vegas.

The two of them are training for the olympia together

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
Re: Jay Trash-Talking Dexter: Oh, Snap!
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 02:43:06 PM »
I think Dex despite his perceived attitude to training is a guy with realistic expectations, a down to earth guy who knows whats what in competition.
He knew last year if Jay brought his 2006 form he would lose and he knows here that Phil can possibly beat him.                               As far as his prediction of Jay not being in the mix, I think hes just being honest......Jay is a washed up bodybuilder, a testimony on how hes looked in the last 2 years.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 02:54:30 PM »
trash talking is a good for business

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2009, 03:11:39 PM »
I still think Dexter is a cool guy

he just does his thing and keeps to himself

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009, 03:36:07 PM »
Nigga with a 'tude, now that is unheard of...

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 03:51:40 PM »
'No. Mr. Olympia is expected to be the best bodybuilder on the planet one day a year, but as far as I'm concerned there's a lot more that goes with the title.'

You haven't even been that Jay

Anything to take the attention off THE WOLF