Author Topic: t4 o the doping list ?  (Read 1181 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
t4 o the doping list ?
« on: September 02, 2009, 05:50:56 AM »
I have endless arguments with a guy here who claims that t4 and/or the excipients of which the tablet are made are on the doping list

I checked the list and I cannot find levothyroxine natrium on it on it which is the active substance and I doubt that corn syrup or the other excipients are on the list

oppinions ? Am I wrong ?

here's what's in it

Levothyroxin sodium 0.125 g Pre-gelatinised starch 37.500 g Corn starch 54.250 g Microcrystalline cellulose 52.125 g Sodium thiosulfate 2.500 g Hydrogenated castor oil 0.750 g Highly dispersed silica 0.750 g

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: t4 o the doping list ?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 05:51:37 AM »

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 06:19:46 AM »
I have endless arguments with a guy here who claims that t4 and/or the excipients of which the tablet are made are on the doping list

I checked the list and I cannot find levothyroxine natrium on it on it which is the active substance and I doubt that corn syrup or the other excipients are on the list

oppinions ? Am I wrong ?

here's what's in it

Levothyroxin sodium 0.125 g Pre-gelatinised starch 37.500 g Corn starch 54.250 g Microcrystalline cellulose 52.125 g Sodium thiosulfate 2.500 g Hydrogenated castor oil 0.750 g Highly dispersed silica 0.750 g

Looks like the guy is wrong. It's not on the list as far as I can see.

http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/2009_Prohibited_List_ENG_Final_20_Sept_08.pdf

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 06:32:52 AM »
does it not convert to t3 in your body so when you are tested a blood test would show elevated levels of t3 thus rendering a positive test??

I could be wrong and van_bilderass will soon chime in a wreck my thoughts

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 06:45:34 AM »
does it not convert to t3 in your body so when you are tested a blood test would show elevated levels of t3 thus rendering a positive test??

van bilderass ?

what do you think?

I also called the doping agency and they want me to call tomorroe for an answer

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 06:47:25 AM »

There are no thyroid hormones on the list. T3 would be fine to take as well.

Like I said in previous thread sevastase put up, the BALCO athletes would take 50mcg of T3 on comp day for a 'pep'. WADA usually puts any drug used by athletes for performance on the list, regardless of whether it's proven to enhance performance or not. But in this case they haven't apparently.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 06:51:48 AM »
There are no thyroid hormones on the list. T3 would be fine to take as well.

Like I said in previous thread sevastase put up, the BALCO athletes would take 50mcg of T3 on comp day for a 'pep'. WADA usually puts any drug used by athletes for performance on the list, regardless of whether it's proven to enhance performance or not. But in this case they haven't apparently.
thank you

I was starting to doubt myself :D

This "sports doctor" is a retard....he just keeps on going about how it's on the list

I told him he is just stupid and should give up his licence

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 10:44:40 AM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 11:27:09 AM »
even if t4 wasnt on the list but t3 was, you could still take all the t4 you want, cuz your not going to get abnormal levels of t3 by mega dosing t4.