Author Topic: Nasser vs. Shawn Ray in the 7 Mandatory Poses!  (Read 25895 times)

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
Re: Sherief Shalaby--an honest Nasser question
« Reply #200 on: September 07, 2009, 12:21:58 PM »
Last time i checked, Ronnie has 8 Mr O titles and Nasser has zero.

That's a fuc*ing great post Webcke...

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #201 on: September 07, 2009, 05:14:19 PM »
Its pure and simple no race hate, Nasser was Mr Olympia or there abouts until he turned around, your back covers half your body  from the rear, you cant hide it like a torn tricep or bicep, it is the focal point of two whole poses not just part of, Sherief comes across as an educated poster at times but seems to lose his way when assessing Nasser, maybe because he is a fellow Muslim, who knows, but saying Nasser didn't win shows based on his religion is false, I'm a fan of his physique and feel that he was placed fairly in competition taking into account all strengths and weaknesses of his physique.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #202 on: September 07, 2009, 05:29:04 PM »
Nasser should have been a Mr. O...

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #203 on: September 07, 2009, 06:47:06 PM »
Its pure and simple no race hate, Nasser was Mr Olympia or there abouts until he turned around, your back covers half your body  from the rear, you cant hide it like a torn tricep or bicep, it is the focal point of two whole poses not just part of, Sherief comes across as an educated poster at times but seems to lose his way when assessing Nasser, maybe because he is a fellow Muslim, who knows, but saying Nasser didn't win shows based on his religion is false, I'm a fan of his physique and feel that he was placed fairly in competition taking into account all strengths and weaknesses of his physique.

Believe me in the 90s I didn’t know that nasser was muslim and he was still my favorite.. his arab name should make me guess so but I didn’t even care to know.. I said this before many times but here I am saying it to you again,.. Mustafa mahmoud and ahmed haidar are both muslims and pure arabs (not half arabs like nasser) and both were good bbs and both faced some injustice during their careers but i don’t support them.. for me they were just good bbs like a lot others.. the only arab bb I always support (beside nasser of course) is samir bannout because he is one of my favorites.. and as we all know samir is Christian!!.. I don’t post here to support my religion, it’s a bb board and I come here to talk about bb!!.. I never say one single bad word about anyone’s religion here although I receive religious insults daily!!.. I am sure I respect  Christianity for example more than a lot of Christian ppl do respect their own religion!!..

I never said that nasser didn’t win the Olympia because of his religion!!.. I said it is the policy of the ifbb to keep giving the olympia title to one super champion as many times as possible even when he doesnt deserve just to keep him as a legend for the longest possible time which is something good for the popularity of the sport, no one can argue with that.. if the Olympia is won every year or every couple of years by a different champ it would have been just another Arnold classic or NOC!!.. the ifbb did the same with Ronnie who didn’t deserve all his Olympia victories and was going to do the same with jay cutler when they gave him a very big gift in 2007 but cutler refused to take more gifts when he came again in a bad shape in 2008.. he was bad to the extent the ifbb couldn’t help him.. can you tell me how a very bad jay beat victor and dex. in 2007 then in 2008 an improved jay (but still looked bad) couldn’t beat dex. who in 2008 was nearly the same as in 2007!!..

As for nasser I totally agree that his back although wide and thick needed much more details to look good besides dorian or shawn ray.. but all his other body parts in the 2 rear poses looked great, his hams, calves, shoulders, arms.. etc.. yes for sure back is a very important part but it’s still one part and it was nasser’s only weak part!!.. from the front and especially in 1997 nasser was better than dorian more than dorian was better than him from the back!!.. from the front nasser was better in all parts without any exception but from the back dorian was better in the back muscle only!!.. as for the side it’s a very silly joke to keep saying the same old shit that nasser was flat from the side and blab la bla!!.. sure nasser was better than the others from the side (specially than dorian in 1997)..

One more very funny point I want to add to show you how blind the judges of mr. Olympia 97 were or let me say how blind they wanted to be is that no one noticed dorian’s freshly torn triceps!!.. no one knew about it except after the show when dorian himself narrated the details!!..
Sorry for the long comment!..

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #204 on: September 07, 2009, 06:58:25 PM »
Believe me in the 90s I didn’t know that nasser was muslim and he was still my favorite.. his arab name should make me guess so but I didn’t even care to know.. I said this before many times but here I am saying it to you again,.. Mustafa mahmoud and ahmed haidar are both muslims and pure arabs (not half arabs like nasser) and both were good bbs and both faced some injustice during their careers but i don’t support them.. for me they were just good bbs like a lot others.. the only arab bb I always support (beside nasser of course) is samir bannout because he is one of my favorites.. and as we all know samir is Christian!!.. I don’t post here to support my religion, it’s a bb board and I come here to talk about bb!!.. I never say one single bad word about anyone’s religion here although I receive religious insults daily!!.. I am sure I respect  Christianity for example more than a lot of Christian ppl do respect their own religion!!..

I never said that nasser didn’t win the Olympia because of his religion!!.. I said it is the policy of the ifbb to keep giving the olympia title to one super champion as many times as possible even when he doesnt deserve just to keep him as a legend for the longest possible time which is something good for the popularity of the sport, no one can argue with that.. if the Olympia is won every year or every couple of years by a different champ it would have been just another Arnold classic or NOC!!.. the ifbb did the same with Ronnie who didn’t deserve all his Olympia victories and was going to do the same with jay cutler when they gave him a very big gift in 2007 but cutler refused to take more gifts when he came again in a bad shape in 2008.. he was bad to the extent the ifbb couldn’t help him.. can you tell me how a very bad jay beat victor and dex. in 2007 then in 2008 an improved jay (but still looked bad) couldn’t beat dex. who in 2008 was nearly the same as in 2007!!..

As for nasser I totally agree that his back although wide and thick needed much more details to look good besides dorian or shawn ray.. but all his other body parts in the 2 rear poses looked great, his hams, calves, shoulders, arms.. etc.. yes for sure back is a very important part but it’s still one part and it was nasser’s only weak part!!.. from the front and especially in 1997 nasser was better than dorian more than dorian was better than him from the back!!.. from the front nasser was better in all parts without any exception but from the back dorian was better in the back muscle only!!.. as for the side it’s a very silly joke to keep saying the same old shit that nasser was flat from the side and blab la bla!!.. sure nasser was better than the others from the side (specially than dorian in 1997)..

One more very funny point I want to add to show you how blind the judges of mr. Olympia 97 were or let me say how blind they wanted to be is that no one noticed dorian’s freshly torn triceps!!.. no one knew about it except after the show when dorian himself narrated the details!!..
Sorry for the long comment!..

Meltdown.

Nasser wasn't better from the side.

I know you are now going to post 78 pictures where Nasser looks better from the side. And someone (not me) will post pics where dorian looks better. Finding pics that support your argument is easy.

But if you look at vids that show them in transition and hitting the pose you get a better feel for the truth. Nasser looked shallow from the side, which is weird for as big as he is. and when you see good vids the difference in muscle quality from Nasser to Dorian is staggering.

This is the definitive truth and cannot be challenged

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #205 on: September 07, 2009, 08:12:09 PM »
cmon Nasser deserved the O in 97.  I will give him that.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #206 on: September 07, 2009, 08:14:30 PM »
This is the definitive truth and cannot be challenged
Yo, Chickster!?  ;)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #207 on: September 07, 2009, 08:14:47 PM »
cmon Nasser deserved the O in 97.  I will give him that.

The only thing Nasshole deserved was a jail sentence for beating women.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #208 on: September 07, 2009, 08:19:35 PM »
The only thing Nasshole deserved was a jail sentence for beating women.

explain

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #209 on: September 07, 2009, 08:36:54 PM »
Nasser for the win(97)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #210 on: September 07, 2009, 09:03:39 PM »

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #211 on: September 07, 2009, 09:04:41 PM »

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #212 on: September 07, 2009, 09:05:49 PM »

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #213 on: September 07, 2009, 09:07:07 PM »

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #214 on: September 07, 2009, 09:09:30 PM »
wasnt nasser dq'd in 96

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #215 on: September 07, 2009, 09:10:38 PM »
wasnt nasser dq'd in 96

i dont consider him dq'd because of jay cutler's case in 2001!!..

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #216 on: September 07, 2009, 09:38:59 PM »
Great pictures Sherief!  Wow, I never realized how far ahead Nasser was of Yates in 96 and he is dwarfing him even in the side shots!  Perhaps a new thread is needed for Dorian vs. Nasser in 96 from the side? :)

i dont consider him dq'd because of jay cutler's case in 2001!!..

Actually most bb fans recognize Nasser's 3rd place in 96 too.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: September 07, 2009, 09:46:07 PM »
Great pictures Sherief!  Wow, I never realized how far ahead Nasser was of Yates in 96 and he is dwarfing him even in the side shots!  Perhaps a new thread is needed for Dorian vs. Nasser in 96 from the side? :)

Actually most bb fans recognize Nasser's 3rd place in 96 too.

If

Most BB fans= you two, then yes

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #218 on: September 07, 2009, 09:49:38 PM »

He wasn't.  Yates destroyed him from the  back and sides.  I saw it live.  When Nasser first came out, there was a huge buzz in the audience, because he looked phenomenal.  Dominant.

Then he turned and it wasn't close.  People actually laughed when they were compared from the back.

Y

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #219 on: September 07, 2009, 09:54:48 PM »
He wasn't.  Yates destroyed him from the  back and sides.  I saw it live.  When Nasser first came out, there was a huge buzz in the audience, because he looked phenomenal.  Dominant.

Then he turned and it wasn't close.  People actually laughed when they were compared from the back.

And he got 3rd (before getting disqualified), not 2nd. If Dorian didn't compete at the Olympia, Shawn would have won it.

Got to love how some of the guys here think they've spotted an inconsistency via pics / videos that the entire judging panel, other competitors and the majority of other fans missed. It was close between Ronnie and Flex in the 98 Olympia. But it wasn't close between Dorian and Nasser in the 96. 97 was a lot closer, although Yates won that too convincingly.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: September 07, 2009, 09:55:25 PM »

Same thing happened at the 98 O. I was fourth row center, right behind the judges.

When he turned around everyone was like  "nope....still looks like shit from the back."

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: September 07, 2009, 10:10:11 PM »
And he got 3rd (before getting disqualified), not 2nd. If Dorian didn't compete at the Olympia, Shawn would have won it.

Unfairly perhaps.  We shouldn't turn a blind eye to unfair judging decisions.  So many have been pointed out over the years (not just with Nasser).

Got to love how some of the guys here think they've spotted an inconsistency via pics / videos that the entire judging panel, other competitors and the majority of other fans missed.

Fixed :)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: September 07, 2009, 10:11:07 PM »

Too bad the pictures from the video show otherwise.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: September 07, 2009, 10:59:30 PM »
Too bad the pictures from the video show otherwise.

Again...blabbing on about pics that you selected that show Nasser frozen in time where he looks best.

Grape Ape and myself have actually SEEN Nasser live on an Olympia stage and my opinion, which was formed 10 years before I ever heard of "bigbobs".... was that he looked GREAT from the front, not so great from the side and BAD from the rear.

Vince Taylor was sitting next to me and said virtually the same thing.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #224 on: September 08, 2009, 01:13:33 AM »

Got to love how some of the guys here think they've spotted an inconsistency via pics / videos that the entire judging panel, other competitors and the majority of other fans missed.

Exactly. Then again some fans are so emotionally invested in their "heroes" that they will ignore all attempts at common sense because their fantasies overrule reality. They prefer it that way. After all the truth is just too painful to digest.