Author Topic: Council Considers Body Odor Ban  (Read 1536 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Council Considers Body Odor Ban
« on: September 02, 2009, 11:51:05 AM »
The ACLU has a problem with this.  Why am I not surprised?   ::)

Council Considers BO Ban
Convicted Offender Could Face $500 In Fines

HONOLULU -- Honolulu City Council members are considering a proposal to ban riders from buses if their body odor is too stinky.

Councilman Rod Tam and Councilman Nestor Garcia introduced the bill to regulate a number of dangerous or annoying behaviors on city buses including bad B.O.

Under the bill, police could cite riders if their body odor annoyed others and a convicted offender could face up to $500 in fines or six months in prison.

"I think it is a bit discriminatory to people but being a bus rider myself I think it would be helpful because some people do have really bad body odor," said rider Meghan Tabadero.

The ACLU of Hawaii called the bill vague and open to discriminatory enforcement.

Other critics called the B.O. ban heavy handed.

"It is not a very compassionate thing to do. People can move away," said rider Tracy Mathewson.

"I don't think it is fair to kick someone off who may be homeless and may not be able to bathe. They may not have a place to bathe," said rider Dwight Ovitt.

Supporters said the goal is to clarify passenger behavior with Oahu's new transit system coming on line.

Tam said he's received complaints about bus B.O.

"People are very concerned they don't want to get sick when they experience body odor... offensive body odor they identify it with germs, diseases," said Tam.

Veteran bus driver Thom Robinson says smelly riders can make it difficult to drive.

"It's horrible -- sometimes you have to get up and open up the vents, and it's just obnoxious," said veteran bus driver Thom Robinson.

Supporters of the bus behavior bill said it also includes and consolidates a lot of other useful prohibitions already on the books such as forbidding spitting on buses, being drunk on a bus or urinating when you are on a bus or at a bus stop.

The city transportation services department supports the bill pending legal review saying much of it is already law.

On 9 a.m. Thursday morning, the council's Transportation Committee will hold a hearing on the bill that includes the provision to ban stinky bus riders.

http://www.kitv.com/news/20679481/detail.html

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Council Considers Body Odor Ban
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 12:00:49 PM »
dude.... i don't like it either but are you fucking serious?  you know some people can't help it even if they shower all day long.  fucked up to get fined for a genetic condition.  lol, people on buses with their nose up in the air.  you guys just passed everyone on elitist attitude.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 12:07:31 PM »
dude.... i don't like it either but are you fucking serious?  you know some people can't help it even if they shower all day long.  fucked up to get fined for a genetic condition.  lol, people on buses with their nose up in the air.  you guys just passed everyone on elitist attitude.

Oh please.  Do you ride the bus?  I seriously doubt ANY of the stinky people I have encounted on the bus have a genetic condition that makes them stink.  They were all just dirty.  I have no problem at all with this ban.  I hope it passes. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »
I would have a problem with it.  It's over regulation.  What are they going to do have odor police who ride the bus?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 12:12:16 PM »
Oh please.  Do you ride the bus?  I seriously doubt ANY of the stinky people I have encounted on the bus have a genetic condition that makes them stink.  They were all just dirty.  I have no problem at all with this ban.  I hope it passes. 

You should go on the mugger mover on a hot day in NYC and smell that aroma!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 12:19:39 PM »
I would have a problem with it.  It's over regulation.  What are they going to do have odor police who ride the bus?

:)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 12:20:05 PM »
no i don't ride the bus.  i hate the bus, it's full of stinky people ;D  They're usually riding the bus because they can't afford any other way to get from spot a to b.  this is still dumb as fuck and shows how elitist you are.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 12:21:22 PM »
You should go on the mugger mover on a hot day in NYC and smell that aroma!

No thanks.  lol.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 12:23:44 PM »
no i don't ride the bus.  i hate the bus, it's full of stinky people ;D  They're usually riding the bus because they can't afford any other way to get from spot a to b.  this is still dumb as fuck and shows how elitist you are.

No one is saying stinky people can't ride the bus.  They're saying take a dang shower first!   :)  Yes, I am the elitist who wants to ensure people can ride the bus without sitting next to a guy who smells like a sewer.  How very snobbish of me.  lol . . . .

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 12:25:31 PM »
no kidding, this is so stupid, only someone from hawaii could have come up with it. 

The Stink Police. 

Sir, we're going to have to write you a ticket for BO.

It's not me, it's that dude over there!

Sir, please raise your arms so my parter can sniff your pits.

Fuck you Jay, why do I have to always sniff the pits, it's your turn today.

::)

sounds like a scene from Men at Work.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 12:27:28 PM »
Geeze,how in the hell are the Mexicans and blacks going to get to work?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 12:28:57 PM »

Billy - I was in Flushing Queens a few weeks ago.  Its all Chinese.  The stench was unbearable as they leave food and crap all over the place in the street.  It was horrible.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 12:31:30 PM »

You've obviously never been to Hawaii.  :)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 12:32:53 PM »
Billy - I was in Flushing Queens a few weeks ago.  Its all Chinese.  The stench was unbearable as they leave food and crap all over the place in the street.  It was horrible.   

No,seriously,whats omne persons stench is another persons good smell.I smell girls with awful perfume on,it stinks to me,it smells good to them.

Here is a fact.Ever eat a skanky girls snatch?While your doing it you could care less about the smell.Once you finnish,you cant get that stink out of your mattress fast enough.I especially like it when,three days later,you can still smell it on your fingers and upper lip.Like I said,when you were doing it,it added to the act,after its over you want to puke.

One mans stink is another mans turn on.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 12:33:03 PM »
wow...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 12:35:32 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 12:36:01 PM »
No,seriously,whats omne persons stench is another persons good smell.I smell girls with awful perfume on,it stinks to me,it smells good to them.

Here is a fact.Ever eat a skanky girls snatch?While your doing it you could care less about the smell.Once you finnish,you cant get that stink out of your mattress fast enough.I especially like it when,three days later,you can still smell it on your fingers and upper lip.Like I said,when you were doing it,it added to the act,after its over you want to puke.

hahaha!!!!  totally Marv.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marv

no, i've never went down on a skank. lol...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 12:43:22 PM »

Every day, I understand you less Billy.

However, I look fwd to your posts in a major way!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 12:49:05 PM »
I can't stop laughing, this is killing me, it's killing me!  I've read that post like 10 times now.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 12:51:26 PM »
I can't stop laughing, this is killing me, it's killing me!  I've read that post like 10 times now.

You know I like billy's posts more than most and agree with him on probably 95% of things, but that post was just a little much even for me.    :o :o :o

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 01:00:36 PM »
You know I like billy's posts more than most and agree with him on probably 95% of things, but that post was just a little much even for me.    :o :o :o
I think I'm inclined to agree with 240 on this. 

That post is legendary, pure gold, I wouldn't trade that 10 minutes of bust gusting laughter for anything.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 01:50:06 PM »
Dam Billy dam!

Billy isn't afraid to say what every guy at one point has thought.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 01:52:55 PM »
Maybe they should have a special section in the on the bus for stinking people, separated with a see through vinyl curtain, you know, like in the back of the bus.   :o

This really is stupid. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 02:49:45 PM »
Dam Billy dam!

Billy isn't afraid to say what every guy at one point has thought.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't know what you guys have been diving into but I love the smell of pussy.  before, during, after and the next day.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 02:50:33 PM »
I don't know what you guys have been diving into but I love the smell of pussy.  before, during, after and the next day.

Ha ha.  Great one Hugo.