Author Topic: College football time!  (Read 13833 times)

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
Re: College football time!
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2009, 04:54:53 PM »
"worst QB in the NCAA?"  Oh brother, give me a break, he isn't nearly that bad.  Watch some ACC football for that "honor."  Little Lane's daddy is what is keeping them in games this year....not Lane's vaunted offense, which has plenty of talent.  Tenn will be very good under him, because they always get top talent, even during the "bad" years with Fulmer, talent wasn't the problem.  But he will have to prove he can BEAT Bama, UF or LSU before it means anything.  Not to mention UGA, Ark, Ole Miss, SC....  SEC isn't for the faint of heart.

If you watched Crompton play at all last year and even the beginning of this season, the kid was beyond terrible. I would cringe everytime he would even drop back in the pocket.
UT's talent level isn't what you think either, Fulmer went from pulling top 10-15 classes to top 30-40 classes. He left the cupboard somewhat empty in Knoxville. Kiffin does all the play calling on Offense as well, so to take a lackluster QB and put up more yards than any other offense against the #1 defense in the NCAA, is pretty good to me. And true, we still have to beat the top tier tems, but UT is very close right now to being a very good team. When 2010 and 2011 roll around, watch out.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2009, 06:29:34 PM »
If you watched Crompton play at all last year and even the beginning of this season, the kid was beyond terrible. I would cringe everytime he would even drop back in the pocket.
UT's talent level isn't what you think either, Fulmer went from pulling top 10-15 classes to top 30-40 classes. He left the cupboard somewhat empty in Knoxville. Kiffin does all the play calling on Offense as well, so to take a lackluster QB and put up more yards than any other offense against the #1 defense in the NCAA, is pretty good to me. And true, we still have to beat the top tier tems, but UT is very close right now to being a very good team. When 2010 and 2011 roll around, watch out.

I wouldn't mind seeing it.  Prefer to see them in the top tier,  being from the Western part of NC, I grew up watching them.  I'm just not sold on Kiffin yet.  Something about the guy says used car salesman a little too much...but hey, that will help with recruiting.  8)

body88

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2009, 06:46:25 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing it.  Prefer to see them in the top tier,  being from the Western part of NC, I grew up watching them.  I'm just not sold on Kiffin yet.  Something about the guy says used car salesman a little too much...but hey, that will help with recruiting.  8)

Did you see Tate today?  Explosive.  I think this will be the guy that breaks the streak of pats wr's that have been busts.  Both Bethal Johnson and Chad Jackson = busts.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2009, 06:54:41 PM »
Did you see Tate today?  Explosive.  I think this will be the guy that breaks the streak of pats wr's that have been busts.  Both Bethal Johnson and Chad Jackson = busts.

No, they didn't cover the game here.....I'm glad he looked good, I think you guys are going to be very happy with him.  And he worked his tail off to come back from the injury from last year.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2009, 06:58:09 PM »

Yep, he does need to learn when to shut up. But I guess the younger guys relate more to him than an older fella like Phil. When did you srtart watching UT? I started with Andy Kelly, Reggie Cobb and the great Carl Pickens in the late 80's. My dad watched them every Saturday and I got into them like that as a young teenager, and I have been to Neyland a couple times as well. Rumors of a top 3 class have been swirling, so things are looking up.

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2009, 07:17:18 PM »
it was nice to see Tennessee lose yesterday.  always a good day in the SEC

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2009, 07:34:38 PM »
Yep, he does need to learn when to shut up. But I guess the younger guys relate more to him than an older fella like Phil. When did you srtart watching UT? I started with Andy Kelly, Reggie Cobb and the great Carl Pickens in the late 80's. My dad watched them every Saturday and I got into them like that as a young teenager, and I have been to Neyland a couple times as well. Rumors of a top 3 class have been swirling, so things are looking up.

I started watching when Tony Robinson was the QB.  Wow....I'm getting old. 

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2009, 12:17:36 PM »
The top three after this weekend SHOULD BE

1. Texas - As a Trojan, I absolutely and utterly hate Texas...but they're the only team that has played like the number one team of the nation, all year long.

2. Florida - They were exposed by Arkansas.  And as long as they've got these crooked/horrible refs in the SEC carrying them through, they should be alright

3 Alabama - After their horrible performance yesterday against Tenn, they don't belong in the top three.  When you can't score one touchdown against an unranked team, you really shouldn't even be in the top six

BOOM!  ;)
No reason to hate Tx for that game  is was a long time ago.  We (SC) are headed to the Rose Bowl and nowhere else if we're lucky.  Losing to Washington hurt...and the Oregon game sounds a bit scary.  But SC will win the Pac 10 and then destroy Iowa in Pasadena.
((-::

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2009, 05:14:55 PM »
Looking forward to Texas vs Oklahoma state.won't see much with the World Series on at the same time.

Jordan Shipley is my favorite player in college this year.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2009, 05:33:58 PM »
Looking forward to Texas vs Oklahoma state.won't see much with the World Series on at the same time.

Jordan Shipley is my favorite player in college this year.
wHY BECAUSE HE'S A WHITE RECIEVER?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2009, 06:23:59 PM »

No,besides getting it done at WR he also is a monster in the return game.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2009, 06:54:51 PM »

And for the record.my favorite football player ever was L.T.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2009, 07:02:09 PM »

And for the record.my favorite football player ever was L.T.

Did you see LT at the Carolina game last Thursday?  He was fired up and looked ready to play.  Glad to see them finally bring him back into the family.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2009, 06:26:58 AM »
Did you see LT at the Carolina game last Thursday?  He was fired up and looked ready to play.  Glad to see them finally bring him back into the family.

No didn't get the game up here.

...and still have never found his college jersey :'( >:(

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2009, 06:28:05 PM »
Oregon MAY win this weekend  :'(!!!!!!!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2009, 05:04:43 AM »

No didn't get the game up here.

...and still have never found his college jersey :'( >:(

I've continued to ask around for you.  Maybe now that he's "back in the family" they will release some.  I'm headed to Chapel Hill in a few weeks, I will check with some of the store owners.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2009, 06:09:02 AM »
I've continued to ask around for you.  Maybe now that he's "back in the family" they will release some.  I'm headed to Chapel Hill in a few weeks, I will check with some of the store owners.

Much appreciated 8)

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2009, 07:47:03 PM »
No reason to hate Tx for that game  is was a long time ago. 

Sorry, still getting over that loss.  If I thought that they were a better team, then ya, but we lost for all the wrong reasons...plus I know too many longhorns who won't let me forget it!  >:(

Oregon MAY win this weekend  :'(!!!!!!!!

Oregon is 10 in the BCS polls, which makes this a big game for SC...we don't lose big games  8)

(it's the little games we have a problem with  :-\ )
(It
just not good enough

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2009, 09:54:24 PM »
Sorry, still getting over that loss.  If I thought that they were a better team, then ya, but we lost for all the wrong reasons...plus I know too many longhorns who won't let me forget it!  >:(

Oregon is 10 in the BCS polls, which makes this a big game for SC...we don't lose big games  8)

(It

Fixed it for you buddy.

body88

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2009, 11:28:06 PM »

(It

Oregon 47  USC 20....

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2009, 08:17:42 AM »

Oregon 47  USC 20....

Booom !!!!

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2009, 09:10:03 AM »

Lol...just like clockwork  ;D

I love how the haters waited till AFTER this game to talk, playing it safe?

No excuses, props to Oregon, they looked awesome last night!

We've got a VERY young team, and we now have a quarterback  8)

FIGHT ON!!!
just not good enough

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2009, 09:16:55 AM »
Lol...just like clockwork  ;D

I love how the haters waited till AFTER this game to talk, playing it safe?

No excuses, props to Oregon, they looked awesome last night!

We've got a VERY young team, and we now have a quarterback  8)

FIGHT ON!!!

You need to look around on some threads.....some of us have been predicting the annual USC flop since the beginning of the season.  ;D

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2009, 09:31:37 AM »

You need to look around on some threads.....some of us have been predicting the annual USC flop since the beginning of the season.  ;D

;)

Well, with a "true freshman" leading the offense and a defense full of sophomores, I won't be calling you guys "Nostradamus" any time soon.  ;D

But I'm still very impressed on how they've done this year...after finishing top 4 in the BCS for the last seven years, one year out of the running is not that big of a deal. We've got a solid quarterback and a maturing team, looking forward to next year already  8)
just not good enough

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2009, 10:11:15 AM »
;)

Well, with a "true freshman" leading the offense and a defense full of sophomores, I won't be calling you guys "Nostradamus" any time soon.  ;D

But I'm still very impressed on how they've done this year...after finishing top 4 in the BCS for the last seven years, one year out of the running is not that big of a deal. We've got a solid quarterback and a maturing team, looking forward to next year already  8)

You guys will be awesome again next year and back to normal after Barkley gets this year under his belt. I'm surprised though that Oregan hasn't gotten the love that they should be getting. Only loss to undefeated Boise State, but come into yesterdays game ranked 10th and not much talk about them.