Author Topic: Man's Finger Bitten Off in Scuffle at Health Care Rally  (Read 2167 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Man's Finger Bitten Off in Scuffle at Health Care Rally
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 01:57:17 PM »
HH6, what is being said around you about the vaccine?   Do most of the guys want it?  Are there any concerns about it or are they/you relieved you'll be getting it?

We have a Doc and nurse in our class and I asked just that today. He basically broke the whole H1N1 virus down and said that the reason this thing is so bad or has a high morbidity rate is that unlike the average "flu season" viruses, this one is still active in the warmer months and they're worried that it will explode during the winter. He said this vaccine is no different then the flu shot that you or I get during the winter. I generally don't get sick so I've avoided the shot periodically, but I'll get this one as it's really no different then the regular flu shot. Besides..if I'm putting all of u people in camps, I don't want to get sick ;D
L

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 02:17:49 PM »

We have a Doc and nurse in our class and I asked just that today. He basically broke the whole H1N1 virus down and said that the reason this thing is so bad or has a high morbidity rate is that unlike the average "flu season" viruses, this one is still active in the warmer months and they're worried that it will explode during the winter. He said this vaccine is no different then the flu shot that you or I get during the winter. I generally don't get sick so I've avoided the shot periodically, but I'll get this one as it's really no different then the regular flu shot. Besides..if I'm putting all of u people in camps, I don't want to get sick ;D
Don't pull me into the camp! :'(

Thanks for the answer :)  I have never had a flu shot but my w/o partner is freaking me out.  Also, I either have a cold right now or allergies or something and it's a little unnerving for the first time..plus we may be flying on a large airplane (breathing lots of diff. peoples fumes  :P ) next month...I think I'm starting to get (more) paranoid :-\ 
R

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2009, 02:21:41 PM »
Don't pull me into the camp! :'(

Thanks for the answer :)  I have never had a flu shot but my w/o partner is freaking me out.  Also, I either have a cold right now or allergies or something and it's a little unnerving for the first time..plus we may be flying on a large airplane (breathing lots of diff. peoples fumes  :P ) next month...I think I'm starting to get (more) paranoid :-\ 

:)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2009, 02:24:12 PM »

Haha!! I could wear the pig ones on fat days and the center one when I am making some fava beans and a nice chianti.
R

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2009, 02:25:20 PM »
The last I heard, people are getting scared that now schools are back from summer break.

The virus will spread very quickly.

I don't much care though.
Unless you are old, very young or immuno compromised you will most likely pull through.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090824/bc_h1n1_school_090824/20090824/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome
Z

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2009, 02:25:26 PM »
Haha!! I could wear the pig ones on fat days and the center one when I am making some fava beans and a nice chianti.

LOL!   ;D

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2009, 02:29:02 PM »
The last I heard, people are getting scared that now schools are back from summer break.

The virus will spread very quickly.

I don't much care though.
Unless you are old, very young or immuno compromised you will most likely pull through.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090824/bc_h1n1_school_090824/20090824/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome
Thanks for that a_joker10!!

Sorry Beach if I derailed the thread

LOL!   ;D

;D

R

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2009, 02:31:26 PM »
Thanks for that a_joker10!!

Sorry Beach if I derailed the thread

;D

No worries.  Everyone does it.   :) 

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2009, 02:33:54 PM »
R

Mons Venus

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2009, 03:13:46 PM »
Typical 240.....the story will become part of a growing theme on Barry and his ideas. People are pissed with this guy. Apparently the Military will soon all recieve H1N1 vaccines. I guess we'll just put the rest of u folks in camps.

Neurologists urged to watch for rare swine flu vaccine side-effect
Tuesday September 01, 2009,
The last time the United States had a swine flu scare, mass vaccinations led to an even bigger worry that the injections might have caused a few dozen cases of a rare disease called Guillain-Barre syndrome, which paralyzes parts of the nervous system 

As the nation prepares for another round of 2009 H1N1 flu shots this fall, the federal government is urging neurologists to keep an eye out for new cases of Guillain-Barre.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Academy of Neurology have asked all neurologists to report new cases of Guillain-Barre in people who get vaccines this fall and winter to the Food & Drug Administration's Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System. Guillain-Barre makes people's limbs tingly and weak, and in rare cases it kills people.

Dont forget your shot HH6 !!