Author Topic: Mr. Yates!!! (sorry Ron, last off topic post)  (Read 3200 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Mr. Yates!!! (sorry Ron, last off topic post)
« on: September 03, 2009, 09:14:35 PM »

Tried to make it more bodybuilding oriented Ron, sorry though!
S

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
A

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
sata 1.5 or 3.0 IDK
Buy this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136373

Thanks, but I need an enclosure so I can hook this up to another computer to transfer my data off the laptop with corrupted Windows files.  :-\
S

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Thanks, but I need an enclosure so I can hook this up to another computer to transfer my data off the laptop with corrupted Windows files.  :-\
oh then just read the label on the drive. ;D What do you mean corrupted? If you got viruses and shit, then they will transfer to the new PC if you don't set up a good anti-virus first. nod32 is king, but damn it's $$$.
A

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
oh then just read the label on the drive. ;D What do you mean corrupted? If you got viruses and shit, then they will transfer to the new PC if you don't set up a good anti-virus first. nod32 is king, but damn it's $$$.

When I turn it on it says can't run bootmgr, and my friend said to just use an enclosure to transfer my important files.
S

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
When I turn it on it says can't run bootmgr, and my friend said to just use an enclosure to transfer my important files.
Yip, or you can run a Linux disco then transfer the files to a flash drive.
A

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
I have another question for you if you don't mind.

I purchased this. http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0280366

It says it's for SATA, and the hard drive is SATA, but for some reason the sockets don't match up?

???
S

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
could be a bad design.  ??? I would return it, or take it apart like this:

he takes apart a drive in the beginning.
A

dragonfist

• Getbig III
I have another question for you if you don't mind.

I purchased this. http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0280366

It says it's for SATA, and the hard drive is SATA, but for some reason the sockets don't match up?

???

If it is a laptop hard drive you will likely need a 2.5" enclosure.  If you are simply trying to back up Data your best bet is to get something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-USB-DSC5-3-5-Inch-Converter-Adapter/dp/B000HJ99DI.  These adapters work for SATA, 3.5" and 2.5" drives.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
If it is a laptop hard drive you will likely need a 2.5" enclosure.  If you are simply trying to back up Data your best bet is to get something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-USB-DSC5-3-5-Inch-Converter-Adapter/dp/B000HJ99DI.  These adapters work for SATA, 3.5" and 2.5" drives.

Yeah, we got a 2.5 SATA Enclosure, and for some reason it doesn't fit the 2.5 SATA drive.

:(
S

dragonfist

• Getbig III
Yeah, we got a 2.5 SATA Enclosure, and for some reason it doesn't fit the 2.5 SATA drive.

:(

Are you sure the drive is SATA and not IDE?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
Are you sure the drive is SATA and not IDE?

The HP technical specs say SATA, and the one I found that looks just like it on Ebay says SATA.
S

dragonfist

• Getbig III
Re: Mr. Yates!!! (sorry Ron, last off topic post)
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 06:14:23 AM »
Do the connections not match or does the hard drive not fit in the enclosure?  If the connections match but the drive doesn't fit in the enclosure you should be able to connect the drive then plug it and and turn it on without putting it in the housing.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 06:18:21 AM »
Do the connections not match or does the hard drive not fit in the enclosure?  If the connections match but the drive doesn't fit in the enclosure you should be able to connect the drive then plug it and and turn it on without putting it in the housing.

No, the connections don't match.  The one on the enclosure is like half an inch narrower then the connection on the hard drive, and they're designed a little differently.  :'(

S

dragonfist

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 06:48:11 AM »
No, the connections don't match.  The one on the enclosure is like half an inch narrower then the connection on the hard drive, and they're designed a little differently.  :'(

There are different SATA connectors.  Does the connection on your hard drive look like either of these?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
S

dragonfist

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 07:38:04 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/431406-001-NEW-HP-DV6000-Hard-Drive-100GB%2f5400RPM_W0QQitemZ360182379961QQcmdZViewItem

That's my hard drive, thanks for the help btw.

Is the connector on your hard drive the same as the one in the picture?  Also some notobook hard drives I've come accross have had an adapter connected to them.