Author Topic: Jeb Bush: Not Running for President 'Right Now'  (Read 1811 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Jeb Bush: Not Running for President 'Right Now'
« on: September 04, 2009, 01:44:33 PM »
Jeb Bush: Not Running for President 'Right Now'

Thursday, September 3, 2009 1:36 PM

By: Dan Weil 

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush says he's not running for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012 — at least for now.

The brother of former President George W. Bush told the Indiana Education Roundtable in Indianapolis Wednesday that he's not running for anything "right now," according to Indianapolis radio station WIBC.

"I'm focused on my own private life and trying to help others continue their public service," Bush said. "It's a secondary role, not a primary role, and it'll probably remain that way."

Of course, traveling around the country to participate in events such as the roundtable is a good way to prepare for a presidential bid. Bush touted his Florida education reforms at the meeting.

Bush decided this year not to seek the seat of Republican Sen. Mel Martinez, who announced in December that he wouldn't seek re-election but said last month that he would retire effective after the summer recess. Bush's successor as governor, Charlie Crist, is running for the job.

At the roundtable, Bush presented a mix assessment of President Obama. He praised Obama for supporting some of the education reforms Bush enacted as governor, including charter schools.

But Bush said he disagrees with the administration’s policies in general. "I'm just very disturbed by the rapid change of who we are as a nation, or the attempt."

If Bush does decide to jump into the presidential fray, he’s likely to find a crowded field. Both former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney are making all the noises of candidates for 2012.

Palin may be hurt by a new Vanity Fair interview with Levi Johnston, the father of Palin's grandchild. He said the former Republican vice presidential candidate wanted to adopt his child so that people wouldn't know her 17-year-old daughter was pregnant.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/jeb_bush_president_2012/2009/09/03/256057.html

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Jeb Bush: Not Running for President 'Right Now'
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 01:53:23 PM »
i can't deal with this again.  no fucking way.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 02:04:51 PM »
Sorry, but we don't need a ruling familiy in America.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 02:51:22 PM »
If people vote for him, they deserve it.

The majority of the voters must be severely bipolar, carelessly swinging from one extreme to another, whatever is socially "in" at the moment.

What a fucking spectacle.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 03:02:32 PM »
there are plenty of good republicans that aren't named Bush.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 03:42:21 PM »
He helped his brother literally steal the 2000 election from Al Gore. He would never in a million years become prez. The country would revolt.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 04:37:20 PM »
there are plenty of good republicans that aren't named Bush.
the question is, are there plenty of republicans that have the ability and connections to... uh... fix it.... the... election process... uh you know uh... lol....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 04:37:48 PM »
He helped his brother literally steal the 2000 election from Al Gore. He would never in a million years become prez. The country would revolt.
:o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 04:59:45 PM »

Nah.  If the election of 2000 showed us anything, it's what a wonderful system we have.  If you replay that election scenario in any number of countries there would have been tanks in the streets. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 05:50:08 PM »
Nah.  If the election of 2000 showed us anything, it's what a wonderful system we have.  If you replay that election scenario in any number of countries there would have been tanks in the streets. 
that's not an exuse for what happened ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 06:07:28 PM »
that's not an exuse for what happened ::)

Which has nothing to do with my point.   ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 06:08:01 PM »
Which has nothing to do with my point.   ::)
WHAT ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 06:15:55 PM »
::)

ok, your stupid point is: don't look at the whole controversy that happened because if it happenend in any other country, there would be tanks in the streets.  First off, that's bullshit.  You can't tell me there would be tanks in the streets in Canada, England, Germany, Japan etc... Next, it's a bullshit thing to say because it's excusing the point that was made in the post you were replying to which is why I said what I said!!!!!!!!!! 

Booya motherfuka ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 06:23:52 PM »
ok, your stupid point is: don't look at the whole controversy that happened because if it happenend in any other country, there would be tanks in the streets.  First off, that's bullshit.  You can't tell me there would be tanks in the streets in Canada, England, Germany, Japan etc... Next, it's a bullshit thing to say because it's excusing the point that was made in the post you were replying to which is why I said what I said!!!!!!!!!! 

Booya motherfuka ;D

::)  MM made the following comment:  "The country would revolt."  I disagreed, citing the election as an example.  Sharply divided opinions on the outcome.  Deuling legal opinions, contradictory court opinions, allegations of cheating, etc.  And throughout it all, there was an orderly transition of power.  And if Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton, or another Kennedy wins a national election, there will be another orderly transition of power.

You are free to disagree.   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 06:33:59 PM »
::)  MM made the following comment:  "The country would revolt."  I disagreed, citing the election as an example.  Sharply divided opinions on the outcome.  Deuling legal opinions, contradictory court opinions, allegations of cheating, etc.  And throughout it all, there was an orderly transition of power.  And if Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton, or another Kennedy wins a national election, there will be another orderly transition of power.

You are free to disagree.   :)
there's two points made in his statement, First that he helped in a stolen election and second that due to that people would revolt.  The theme of stole election being the continuity of points and you not highlighting what you were directly replying, well....  I don't think people would revolt, I think they're to fucking stupid and or oblivious to care and to easily manipulated by the likes of Fox News...

He would be a very unpopular president, but what's that matter they're all controlled by anything but the people.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 06:51:20 PM »
there's two points made in his statement, First that he helped in a stolen election and second that due to that people would revolt.  The theme of stole election being the continuity of points and you not highlighting what you were directly replying, well....  I don't think people would revolt, I think they're to fucking stupid and or oblivious to care and to easily manipulated by the likes of Fox News...

He would be a very unpopular president, but what's that matter they're all controlled by anything but the people.

I wasn't referring to the "stolen election" nonsense.  I've maintained since the 2000 election that it is a great example of how well our system works, warts and all. 

If Jeb, Clinton, or Kennedy was elected, it would be by about 60 million people.  Pretty large portion of the voting population.  (Although terrible when it comes to overall voter turnout.) 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 11:50:17 PM »

hahahaha wait til ACORN "helps" organize the re-count of FL or OH in 2012, giving Obama a narrow win.  Perhaps his newly appointed left-wing juistices will seal the deal when palin or Mitt or Pawlenty appeals.

Wait til the DEMS sue (this time) to have the ballots destrroyed so there cannot be a recount

And you'll still be all giddy about how awesome our system is, huh?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 08:34:03 AM »
hahahaha wait til ACORN "helps" organize the re-count of FL or OH in 2012, giving Obama a narrow win.  Perhaps his newly appointed left-wing juistices will seal the deal when palin or Mitt or Pawlenty appeals.

Wait til the DEMS sue (this time) to have the ballots destrroyed so there cannot be a recount

LMAO!!!

Anyway.. Jeb won't be securing a position of president of anything in the future.  that much is pretty obvious as the stink of the bush name is still in the nostril of the country.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 09:23:03 AM »
LMAO!!!

Anyway.. Jeb won't be securing a position of president of anything in the future.  that much is pretty obvious as the stink of the bush name is still in the nostril of the country.

Dunno... NO WAY we ever thought Hilary would be president in 2000 when the country had plenty of Clinton. 

In 2008, if Obama had lost ONE more state along the way, Hilary would have won it all.  Because of the anti-bush sentiment.  After 8 years of Obama, people will be sick of him too.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2009, 10:42:41 AM »

::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 10:46:58 AM »
I had a dream Kerry was president last night :-X

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2009, 10:49:32 AM »
Nightmare. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2009, 10:54:45 AM »
Maybe Jeb is still consulting with Chang, the imaginary conservative warrior friend that he apparently shares with his father.

Here are Jebs own words on the subject of his imaginary friend named Chang:

''Chang is a mystical warrior. Chang is somebody who believes in conservative principles, believes in entrepreneurial capitalism, believes in moral values that underpin a free society.

''I rely on Chang with great regularity in my public life. He has been by my side and sometimes I let him down. But Chang, this mystical warrior, has never let me down.''

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20050918/COLUMNS/50917061?Title=Gov-Bush-his-mystical-buddy

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2009, 10:55:16 AM »
Nightmare. 
yea kinda, it was really odd.  I was sitting there with like 4 servings of desert stuffing my face while Kerry was on TV addressing the nation.  wtf...