Author Topic: Olympia: Would Weider allow it someone else to win?  (Read 1702 times)

Determinator

• Getbig IV
Olympia: Would Weider allow it someone else to win?
« on: September 05, 2009, 02:30:38 AM »
Imagine a scenario on Olympia day where Martinez, Wolf and Greene, all MD guys, looked unreal and were lock sure, dead certs for the 1,2 and 3 spots (in no particular order), owning Jackson, Cutler, heath et al. Would Weider allow this to happen in the final placings?

io856

Re: Would Weider allow it?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 02:32:54 AM »
Weider has nothing to do with the placings... the judges do...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 02:33:48 AM »
Imagine a scenario on Olympia day where Martinez, Wolf and Greene, all MD guys, looked unreal and were lock sure, dead certs for the 1,2 and 3 spots (in no particular order), owning Jackson, Cutler, heath et al. Would Weider allow this to happen in the final placings?

Ronnie won while being with another company, and Lee haney did as well. Fex placed second in 98 or 99 whie being with Biochem.

Shawn ray was in the top time for 12 yrs, and crticized the judges and the judging sytem constantly.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 02:35:37 AM »
So i take it that the Weider sponser has no influence whatsoever with a placing? Mmmm.

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 03:30:56 AM »

this is the most ignorant statement i have seen on GB.  congrats

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 03:46:33 AM »

Don't mind him...he's got his schmoe blinders on.
HAHA, RON.....

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 04:02:41 AM »

you want to buy some land?

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 04:12:04 AM »
Ronnie won while being with another company, and Lee haney did as well. Fex placed second in 98 or 99 whie being with Biochem.

Shawn ray was in the top time for 12 yrs, and crticized the judges and the judging sytem constantly.
this was all about supplements and not about the media in general

today the md guys don t appear in flex and m&f 

i dont think a md guy can win the olympia because of politics
no matter how they will look like

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 05:42:30 AM »
In 2007 Victor and Dexter were clearly 1-2.  EVERYBODY agrees on this.  But they were with MD and no one from MD can win the Olympia so they had to give it to Cutler even though he looked like the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

No one from MD will win the Olympia this year. Period.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 05:45:54 AM »

he is right

Weider has had nothing to do with it for years

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 05:54:31 AM »
Judge fairly - Alot of the pros would never appear in the Magazines.

Big Stomachs is the opposite of Bodybuilding. Small waists are Punished and anyone looking Classical and Clean lines is
Lacking in Size. If that is Flat then the others must be Fat!

The Off Season is the killer in this industry. The " Boogie Man " said " put some size on"
My Coach  or Guru said - But then has excuses when we do not see " THE NEW PACKAGE"

Compete - more than once a year and guest posing is not competing . Its going on a Field trip and Most IFBB Pros HATE taking of their clothes when they are less than Perfect ( except Muhammad Ali - I mean Ronnie Coleman - Sit down !)

Enough with the Huffing and Puffing on Stage - Wolfe - stop smoking
The " Jerk " attitude - Dexter Jackson - you taking 2 weeks to hit a Front Double - enough already
Phil - Great body - never had a bad day at the office - except- falling during guest posing and insulting people-
Jay Cutler zzzzzzzzzzz boring and the ugliest midsection ever and wrinkly back  :-\ ! ( beats Dennis James and George F)
Melvin - do a new routine - or goto the 202
Kai - Hit ONE JUST ONE  Mandatory pose and and side abdominal is NOT A POSE!
Victor - C section and Gooey left leg. - someone apologize for 07 and let him rest

Everyone on stage knows who is going to Win! At least I do ....

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 05:58:38 AM »
dont worry about other places.  kai, vic and wolf will not place ahead of phil at the O before he becomes mr o and has his run. it wont happen.  it's weider's name but ami runs the thing.  u can make a case for toney and charles at the 08 O and COpro vs phil.  if phil is 3rd than jay and dex are 1-2.  none of these guys will be allowed to steal phil's thunder. ami is a media company.  even though only .011111111111111111 know of mr o...it's enough for them to insure they have the most marketable, young and clean cut guy representing their contest/product.

Oh...Monica!

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 06:25:24 AM »
dont worry about other places.  kai, vic and wolf will not place ahead of phil at the O before he becomes mr o and has his run. it wont happen.  it's weider's name but ami runs the thing.  u can make a case for toney and charles at the 08 O and COpro vs phil.  if phil is 3rd than jay and dex are 1-2.  none of these guys will be allowed to steal phil's thunder. ami is a media company.  even though only .011111111111111111 know of mr o...it's enough for them to insure they have the most marketable, young and clean cut guy representing their contest/product.

The case will be made again this Year!

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 08:32:52 AM »
Judge fairly - Alot of the pros would never appear in the Magazines.

Big Stomachs is the opposite of Bodybuilding. Small waists are Punished and anyone looking Classical and Clean lines is
Lacking in Size. If that is Flat then the others must be Fat!

The Off Season is the killer in this industry. The " Boogie Man " said " put some size on"
My Coach  or Guru said - But then has excuses when we do not see " THE NEW PACKAGE"

Compete - more than once a year and guest posing is not competing . Its going on a Field trip and Most IFBB Pros HATE taking of their clothes when they are less than Perfect ( except Muhammad Ali - I mean Ronnie Coleman - Sit down !)

Enough with the Huffing and Puffing on Stage - Wolfe - stop smoking
The " Jerk " attitude - Dexter Jackson - you taking 2 weeks to hit a Front Double - enough already
Phil - Great body - never had a bad day at the office - except- falling during guest posing and insulting people-
Jay Cutler zzzzzzzzzzz boring and the ugliest midsection ever and wrinkly back  :-\ ! ( beats Dennis James and George F)
Melvin - do a new routine - or goto the 202
Kai - Hit ONE JUST ONE  Mandatory pose and and side abdominal is NOT A POSE!
Victor - C section and Gooey left leg. - someone apologize for 07 and let him rest

Everyone on stage knows who is going to Win! At least I do ....

I agree with this. Toney has a great look...classic lines from the 70's and 80's with today's Mass and definition. Too bad most people are conditioned to prefer the big bellied, inflated guys that proliferate the stage today. I met Toney in Florida and spoke to him a couple of times on the phone...seemed like a great guy too. Hope he does well this year.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 02:53:52 PM »

If Victor looks the best on stage, he will win. Same with Kai or Phil or Jay or Dexter.

This year, there is no clear winner going into it.

As for Joe Weider, he doesnt care who wins.  Get over it.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 02:58:15 PM »
If Victor looks the best on stage, he will win. Same with Kai or Phil or Jay or Dexter.

This year, there is no clear winner going into it.

As for Joe Weider, he doesnt care who wins.  Get over it.
Do you get to hang out with Joe when you go Ronaldo?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!