Author Topic: Yamaha R1 vs. Bugatti  (Read 5263 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Yamaha R1 vs. Bugatti
« on: September 05, 2009, 11:26:09 PM »
Yamaha R1 vs Bugatti...no chance for the bike ;D

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
Re: Yamaha R1 vs. Bugatti
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 11:37:54 PM »
cool video. the R6 is way too underpowered for the Bugatti. thanks for sharing Parker!

on a side note i witnessed a twin turbo Gallardo smoke a Bugatti. the Gallardo was the first model not the 560 and cost him an exact extra 100k to mod but unmercifully tortured the Bugatti, i didn't see that coming tbh.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 11:54:08 PM »
cool video. the R6 is way too underpowered for the Bugatti. thanks for sharing Parker!

on a side note i witnessed a twin turbo Gallardo smoke a Bugatti. the Gallardo was the first model not the 560 and cost him an exact extra 100k to mod but unmercifully tortured the Bugatti, i didn't see that coming tbh.

That's a R1, But that twin turbo Gallardo has AWD and is lighter than the Bugatti, but the bug will have a higher top speed, and breaks faster due to it's huge wing/airbrake and carbon brakes, plus it will last longer. Garanteed, if the Bugatti was as light as the Gallardo...
But, did they start at a stop. The Bugatti will do 0-60 in 2.5 secs, but that airbrake kinda fucks up rolling starts

What do you think about the new Bugatti 4 door that is coming out? 

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 11:57:04 PM »
That's a R1, But that twin turbo Gallardo has AWD and is lighter than the Bugatti, but the bug will have a higher top speed, and breaks faster due to it's huge wing/airbrake and carbon brakes, plus it will last longer. Garanteed, if the Bugatti was as light as the Gallardo...
But, did they start at a stop. The Bugatti will do 0-60 in 2.5 secs, but that airbrake kinda fucks up rolling starts

What do you think about the new Bugatti 4 door that is coming out

Really?

I knew they were contemplating it, but have they finalised a design?
No doubt about it...

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 11:58:59 PM »

Great family car.

I have mine on order of course.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 12:05:25 AM »
Really?

I knew they were contemplating it, but have they finalised a design?

Yeah, here are some teaser pics

Also it might look like this

But I wish it looked like this:

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 12:07:32 AM »
8 exhaust pipes..........take that environment, you bastard!! 8)

Can you get a Veyron in the states?
No doubt about it...

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 12:07:43 AM »
Can't see shit in the teasers.

Venom looked sweet.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 12:12:55 AM »
8 exhaust pipes..........take that environment, you bastard!! 8)

Can you get a Veyron in the states?

Sure, I know that there is a dealer in Detroit of all places, probably one in NYC, Washington, DC, Miami, and LA
Can't see shit in the teasers.
Venom looked sweet.

That's why they are called "teasers" ;)

The computer designed ones always look sweet...you should see the 2005 Ferrari Design contest...Some Serious shit that produced, and they made them into actual 1:4 scale models
http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2005-Ferrari-Design-Competition.htm

this one is said to be the upcoming 900 HP 2,200 pound Ferrari Millechilli--this is th name of the model
http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2005-Ferrari-Design-Competition.htm

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 12:17:01 AM »
Sure, I know that there is a dealer in Detroit of all places, probably one in NYC, Washington, DC, Miami, and LA

Yeah, i figured you could. We lucked out here in Aus. All are left hand drive, so they can't be registered in Aus. Still, Bugatti has flagged interest in sending a few here, which will be snapped up pretty quickly by aussie collectors.
No doubt about it...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 12:25:04 AM »
Edo Competition Ferrari California

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 12:32:03 AM »

I saw the California at last years LA Auto Show.

It was love at first sight.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 12:32:12 AM »
Teaser of the new Grand Bentley. My kinda car.  8)

No doubt about it...

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 12:33:12 AM »
God Damn these "Teasers"  >:(

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 12:33:50 AM »
God Damn these "Teasers"  >:(

I know........so frustrating.  ;D
No doubt about it...

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 12:46:44 AM »

oh sorry, my bad.

i forgot to mention the Gallardo gave the Bugatti a head start(rolling)  ;D and the Gallardo hit 340 and was way ahead. insane!

never heard of the 4-door version, the coupe one is ugly tbh. if it wasn't for the 16cylinders,4 turbos,10 radiators and 1k HP the car would not be half what is today.i still appreciate it for being an engineering masterpiece though.

check this out, 246mph in 1 mile!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 12:47:43 AM »
I saw the California at last years LA Auto Show.

It was love at first sight.
;D
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.lincah.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/2009-Edo-Competition-Ferrari-California-Front-Angle-View-588x391.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.lincah.com/2009-edo-competition-ferrari-california&usg=__omyEZ8wcbHaCbW1dfexgRBS3l5c=&h=391&w=588&sz=90&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=kjKMaoXeYCD6pM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3DFerrari%2Bstyling%2Bcontest%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1
oh sorry, my bad.

i forgot to mention the Gallardo gave the Bugatti a head start(rolling)  ;D and the Gallardo hit 340 and was way ahead. insane!

never heard of the 4-door version, the coupe one is ugly tbh. if it wasn't for the 16cylinders,4 turbos,10 radiators and 1k HP the car would not be half what is today.i still appreciate it for being an engineering masterpiece though.

check this out, 246mph in 1 mile!

Problem with that Supra vid, anybody can claim 246 mph, unless it was measured by a reputable source, I don't think it was 246...Just because it sounds fast doesn't mean it went that fast, pls it would need tons of aero to punch thru just 155...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 12:47:55 AM »
  :D

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 12:49:38 AM »

i heard this was a poor man's Ferrari, and they were supposedly ruining ferrari's name by selling an under priced car. i was then surprised to see it in the showroom selling for a staggering 250k.

i'm talking about the standard California. this looks awesome  :o

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 12:56:51 AM »
Teaser of the new Grand Bentley. My kinda car.  8)

Just unveiled Bentley Muslanne
i heard this was a poor man's Ferrari, and they were supposedly ruining ferrari's name by selling an under priced car. i was then surprised to see it in the showroom selling for a staggering 250k.

i'm talking about the standard California. this looks awesome  :o
he standard Cali does 0-60 in 3.8 secs, so it's no slouch, nor as people have found out is it a poor man's Ferrari---in essence it was designed to get more women buyers, and to compete against the Merc SL.

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 12:57:31 AM »

Problem with that Supra vid, anybody can claim 246 mph, unless it was measured by a reputable source, I don't think it was 246...Just because it sounds fast doesn't mean it went that fast, pls it would need tons of aero to punch thru just 155...

this is an official drag strip known as "Texas mile".  lots of modded cars compete to get high speed records, time is of no concern.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 01:05:50 AM »
Just unveiled Bentley Muslannehe

Mulsanne. Looks good except for the front head lights. They look a little akward.
No doubt about it...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 01:08:08 AM »
this is an official drag strip known as "Texas mile".  lots of modded cars compete to get high speed records, time is of no concern.

I bet you he had to serious modd that car, the Mclaren does 241 with only 627 hp--yet it weighs 2,800 pounds.

With that Supra I want to see 246 on a digital  readout like on a Driftbox...they are pretty cheap to get.
Mulsanne. Looks good except for the front head lights. They look a little akward.
Different color they look better

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 01:17:14 AM »
I bet you he had to serious modd that car, the Mclaren does 241 with only 627 hp--yet it weighs 2,800 pounds.

With that Supra I want to see 246 on a digital  readout like on a Driftbox...they are pretty cheap to get.Different color they look better

that's a 1300hp on the wheel. easy 1500+hp on the engine. ~15%more most of the time. have you seen top gear's Bugatti VS Mclaren?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2009, 01:28:10 AM »
that's a 1300hp on the wheel. easy 1500+hp on the engine. ~15%more most of the time. have you seen top gear's Bugatti VS Mclaren?

yeah, I think Hammond didn't get off correctly. The Veyron can do 0-60 in 2.5, the the F1 in 3.2...so do the math on which is faster.

Supra's are notorious for not putting the power to the ground...simply put using the Veyron again as a benchmark, it has custom 365 section rear tires, people don't rea't realize that 1000+ hp on store bought tires adds up to tremendous wheel spin.