Author Topic: Seymour to Raiders....feel bad for him  (Read 3265 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Seymour to Raiders....feel bad for him
« on: September 06, 2009, 09:16:05 AM »
It's a business but you know that Seymour hates going to the Raiders
D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Seymour to Raiders....feel bad for him
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 12:06:36 PM »

He's not even 30 years old and the dude's sporting 3 Super Bowl rings...the rest of his career is gravy....doesn't matter to him where he finishes his career now, I bet.

But the Raiders are easily the NFL's shittiest run organization. They won't get better until Al Davis is dead or sells the team(which will never happen). Sad but true.....

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 12:13:25 PM »

Doug Steele...I know you're a Wolverine fan, right? How about OSU almost losing to NAVY on Saturday???

I was in downtown Annapolis, MD last night and the entire city was buzzing about how Navy almost upset the #3 ranked team in the nation on the road.

Navy has built a hell of a football program in the last 12 years. Navy will play you for 60 minutes, no matter who the opponent. You can never sleep on Navy.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 12:20:53 PM »
I'm proud of Navy, they do alot while being handicaped recruiting wise. The Pats try very hard to evaluate guys when they're on their way down but still have value. I would have thought Seymour would have played very hard this season for a new contract, regardless of the team. I guess BB saw that they could get something for him without undermining the D line. They are fairly deep there. There is alot of buzz on the Boston Sports boards about this being the opening shot for a trade for J. Peppers. I don't see it.
L

body88

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 12:24:20 PM »
This shocked me!  At first I was scratching my head, but after tuning into sports radio it makes sense, I guess.

Wilfork, Seymour and Brady are all up for contracts at the end of the year.  Who was going to be the odd man out?  Ob not Brady, and Wilfork is a guy that you have to keep.  Ron Brace has been stellar so far and I think the pats are going to run a 4/3 this year to allow Mayo to shine even more.  Sey is a BEAST, but has been hurt a lot over the last few years.  You have to keep Wilfork over Sey if you have to make the call.  Not to mention, what trade value does say have at the end of the year when he's going to be a free agent anyway?  Not much.

As for the pick, I was wondering why they went for a 2011 first rounder.  Next year will be an uncapped year, and all the rookies coming out are going to want huge contracts, because in 2011 the owners have stated that their will be a set salary for all rookies who are drafted.  Clearly this makes a 2011 pick more valuable than a 2010 pick, because if all rookies have a set salary, they can't hold out and demand huge money.  Lets face it, this pick will be a top 10 pick because it's the raiders and they suck, and the pats never want to draft in the top 10 because if the prospect is a bust you are totally fucked from a cap standpoint.

Belichick has always been very good with trading and moving picks, so I cant really figure out anything wrong with this move.  I'd rather have Wilfork than Sey.  If we didn't have Brace, Greene and Titus I'd be pissed.

We'll see what happens!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 12:27:30 PM »
I'm proud of Navy, they do alot while being handicaped recruiting wise. The Pats try very hard to evaluate guys when they're on their way down but still have value. I would have thought Seymour would have played very hard this season for a new contract, regardless of the team. I guess BB saw that they could get something for him without undermining the D line. They are fairly deep there. There is alot of buzz on the Boston Sports boards about this being the opening shot for a trade for J. Peppers. I don't see it.

If you mean that Navy is handicapped because a minimum 120 IQ with experience in advance placement courses is required to join the Naval Academy, then yes I agree with you.

Be that as it may...it's still impressive that the Navy football program can field such a competitive team year in and year out.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 12:28:44 PM »
This shocked me!  At first I was scratching my head, but after tuning into sports radio it makes sense, I guess.

Wilfork, Seymour and Brady are all up for contracts at the end of the year.  Who was going to be the odd man out?  Ob not Brady, and Wilfork is a guy that you have to keep.  Ron Brace has been stellar so far and I think the pats are going to run a 4/3 this year to allow Mayo to shine even more.  Sey is a BEAST, but has been hurt a lot over the last few years.  You have to keep Wilfork over Sey if you have to make the call.  Not to mention, what trade value does say have at the end of the year when he's going to be a free agent anyway?  Not much.

As for the pick, I was wondering why they went for a 2011 first rounder.  Next year will be an uncapped year, and all the rookies coming out are going to want huge contracts, because in 2011 the owners have stated that their will be a set salary for all rookies who are drafted.  Clearly this makes a 2011 pick more valuable than a 2010 pick, because if all rookies have a set salary, they can't hold out and demand huge money.  Lets face it, this pick will be a top 10 pick because it's the raiders and they suck, and the pats never want to draft in the top 10 because if the prospect is a bust you are totally fucked from a cap standpoint.

Belichick has always been very good with trading and moving picks, so I cant really figure out anything wrong with this move.  I'd rather have Wilfork than Sey.  If we didn't have Brace, Greene and Titus I'd be pissed.

We'll see what happens!

Who will be the starting RE for ther Pats?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 12:30:18 PM »
I agree....which is why I don't post much here...because Body pretty much posts how I feel. I was shocked the same....but again they have alot of D line folks, so they needed to get something for him. I hope they get Vince's contract done now....mountains that move like him are very rare.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 12:36:50 PM »
If you mean that Navy is handicapped because a minimum 120 IQ with experience in advance placement courses is required to join the Naval Academy, then yes I agree with you.

Be that as it may...it's still impressive that the Navy football program can field such a competitive team year in and year out.

Navy and Air Force have much better success then Army because they have different rules (which I was unaware of) then West Point. U can opt out of ur Navy/AF contract at the end of ur time if u have a shot at the Pro's. At AF u can actually work out a deal where u work for the Academy in the football program as a 2nd LT till ur AF time is up. A buddy of mine was in the West Point recruiting Office when the whole Caleb Campbell thing was going on. The coach told him he'd be fine to play in the NFL...West Point was adopting a wait and see and big Army said hell no. Apparently they got tons of phone calls and letters etc...mostly against letting him play. I don't agree at all, but thats the story as I've been told.
L

body88

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 12:47:39 PM »
Who will be the starting RE for ther Pats?

I think they might run the 4/3....and that would make Ron Brace out of BC that guy.  Jarvis Greene, Titus and Mike Wright would back him up.  Belichick usually knows when to cut the cord with guys, so we'll have to see how it plays out.  Ty Warren and Wilfork are nasty, so I think they will be ok.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »
pats get away with murder once again

seymour is a complete stud, but not worth a 1st rounder at this point. The pats are guarenteed a top 10 pick in 2011 with this.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 02:53:49 PM »
i don't know but i remember hearing some talking head several months back say he was past his prime, looks like the pats agree

the same can be said about casey hampton who was drafted the same year, he's in the last year of his contract and won't be resigned

this is the second gift the raiders have given the pats, first it was moss for a 4th round pick

the rich get richer because the poor are morons ::)

E
E

body88

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 04:16:33 PM »
i don't know but i remember hearing some talking head several months back say he was past his prime, looks like the pats agree

the same can be said about casey hampton who was drafted the same year, he's in the last year of his contract and won't be resigned

this is the second gift the raiders have given the pats, first it was moss for a 4th round pick

the rich get richer because the poor are morons ::)

E

People were ragging on the 2007 draft for only generating Goskowski and Meriweather, conveniently ignoring that the pats flipped their second rounder for Wes Welker (now a pro bowler) and Randy Moss, who went on to catch 23 td passes that year.  Anyone who says that they wouldn't have traded a second and a fourth for Moss + Welker that year is lying their ass off.  I'd say Moss, Goskowski, Meriweather and Welker aint a bad haul for a first a second a fourth and a fifth.

Jarvis Greene stepped in for Sey over 34 games over the last two years and did a good job.  The pats might suffer a little in the run game this year, but they've set themselves up for the future yet again.

As for the Raiders, they might get better this year, but they will have to cough up a massive contract for a guy who's best years are behind him.  Sey's still a stud, but he aint the guy he was in 2004

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 04:48:06 PM »
Whoa.  What did he do to deserve this?  There had to be a better franchise willing to give up a first round pick.  This is likely going to be a high pick too.

body88

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 04:59:36 PM »
Whoa.  What did he do to deserve this?  There had to be a better franchise willing to give up a first round pick.  This is likely going to be a high pick too.

Maybe.  maybe not.  Seymour wants a huge contract and I'm not sure if he should get one considering his age.  He's still a stud for two more season or so, but after that....I dunno.  Would you be ok with your niners giving up a 1st rounder and a massive contract to a guy who's approaching the back nine?  Sey's been hurt A LOT over the last three years.

Let me make it clear that Sey is one of the best de's in the NFL right now, but he's passed his best years.  He's never been the same since he was used as a FB and TE in goal line situations.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 05:22:15 PM »
Maybe.  maybe not.  Seymour wants a huge contract and I'm not sure if he should get one considering his age.  He's still a stud for two more season or so, but after that....I dunno.  Would you be ok with your niners giving up a 1st rounder and a massive contract to a guy who's approaching the back nine?  Sey's been hurt A LOT over the last three years.

Let me make it clear that Sey is one of the best de's in the NFL right now, but he's passed his best years.  He's never been the same since he was used as a FB and TE in goal line situations.

You don't think the Raiders would be picking near the top of the first round in 2011?  I don't see them improving so long as Al Davis is alive. 

body88

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 05:57:39 PM »
You don't think the Raiders would be picking near the top of the first round in 2011?  I don't see them improving so long as Al Davis is alive. 

I do, I'm saying that the raiders got owned yet again.  I would not have been ok with this move if Wilfork was not up for a contract and if we didn't have some depth on the line.  Long term this was the right thing to do, I think.  I think Bill might be going with the 4/3 because of so many teams now moving to the 3/4. If this is the case, they have more than enough talent on the line to get by.  People forget that Wilfork and Warren are pro-bowl players.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 06:29:29 PM »

I do, I'm saying that the raiders got owned yet again.  I would not have been ok with this move if Wilfork was not up for a contract and if we didn't have some depth on the line.  Long term this was the right thing to do, I think.  I think Bill might be going with the 4/3 because of so many teams now moving to the 3/4. If this is the case, they have more than enough talent on the line to get by.  People forget that Wilfork and Warren are pro-bowl players.

I guess we'll see if it was a good move.  Very risky to trade a Pro Bowl DT and get nothing immediately in return in this "win now" league. 

body88

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 06:38:57 PM »
I guess we'll see if it was a good move.  Very risky to trade a Pro Bowl DT and get nothing immediately in return in this "win now" league. 

I'd agree, but Jarvis Green has filled in for Seymour in 24 games over the last three years and done well. Ron Brace is also a kid who is being projected to start, right out of the gate.  They have a lot of depth on the line that people don't know about.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 06:40:30 PM »
I'd agree, but Jarivs Green has filled in for Seymour in 34 games over the last three yeats and done well. Ron Brace is also a kid who is being projected to start, right out of the gate.

Doesn't this hurt their DT depth? 

body88

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 06:44:43 PM »
Doesn't this hurt their DT depth? 

I wont be able to answer that until the first few games pass.  They look they they are going to run the 4/3 this year, and they have a lot of depth for that look.  Warren, Wilfork, Brace, Adams, Wright and Burgess.  Again, you wont know alot of these names right now.

I cant see Belichick letting Sey go if he didn't feel confident that he had the horses to get it done.  He;s been very good with cutting the cord with players before they go on the back nine (aside from Bru).

But you're right, we'd be silly to think the Pats won't miss Sey.  However, Brace and Green could better suit a four three look, you know?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 06:49:36 PM »
I wont be able to answer that until the first few games pass.  They look they they are going to run the 4/3 this year, and they have a lot of depth for that look.  Warren, Wilfork, Brace, Adams, Wright and Burgess.  Again, you wont know alot of these names right now.

I cant see Belichick letting Sey go if he didn't feel confident that he had the horses to get it done.  He;s been very good with cutting the cord with players before they go on the back nine (aside from Bru).

But you're right, we'd be silly to think the Pats won't miss Sey.  However, Brace and Green could better suit a four three look, you know?

I don't really know anything about Brace and Green, so I'll defer to you, but seems like DT depth is even more important with a 4-3, where you start two DTs instead of one. 

body88

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 06:56:05 PM »
I don't really know anything about Brace and Green, so I'll defer to you, but seems like DT depth is even more important with a 4-3, where you start two DTs instead of one. 

Sey was a DE, so in a 4-3 he'd move to DT (which makes him less effective).  Brace is a true 4-3 DT and Greene is a damn good DE.  The DL depth is very deep. Pryor is another guy who is a legit DT option.

Where Sey could be missed is on running downs, since he tied up two blockers.  However, Wilfork also calls for double teams, so if a guy like Brace is effective, it opens things up for a guy like Mayo. Don't forget, Sey is entering his tenth year.  The pats would never have signed him for what he wanted at the end of the season.

If, if, if.. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 07:05:18 PM »
i think brace is the future at that NT position

is he a true 4-3 dt? i dont see it.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 02:59:14 AM »
The Raiders are a really bad team.  They looked terrible against the Saints.