Author Topic: Olympia: In the center Kai Greene, on one side Jay Cutler and Phil Heath  (Read 3968 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
How many are in a call out? 3 or 4?

3 by default, but when it's close between some of the competitors, 4 or even 5 of them get called out.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: Olympia: In the center Kai Greene, on one side Jay Cutler and Phil Heath
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 11:43:14 AM »
It really isnt that far fetched to say if Victor comes in shape, because, he HAS been in great shape.

So was Cutler in 2001, but the last two years, and he was awarded 1st place in one of them.
Because someone has come in great shape doesn't mean he will. And just because he did so in the past doesn't mean they should award him 1st because that was in the past!
Vic's time is done and over. He had his shot and screwed it up. Lets see, he closed his gym after selling memberships right up till the day it closed. He was busted for dealing and then rolled on people. He's shot synthol into his arms and calves over the years having them lump out and leaving him looking odd in poses. His leg is injured (I don't believe how he says it happened) and then his sister goes missing under what could be extremely suspicious circumstances, while now he is opening a restaurant and prepping for the O.
Let's say that he actually does everything correct-which I doubt he will- and comes in 105%. And all the other competitors do as well. Would you want Vic representing BBing? You can't understand him when he speaks, he has the energy of a sloth, and comes across as educated as a ghetto teenager.
Couple all those together with Vic's past issues getting into shape, he won't come in first, and I'm thinking top 5 will be hard for him to break even.
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Maybe I will be right though.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 11:51:33 AM »

when it's said and done...phil will be able to buy a couple of franchises and all the insulin he wants.  O 09 or 10 is a no-brainer.
Oh...Monica!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 04:02:45 PM »
Xman 297 6'2
Kai 5'8 1/2 268
Phil 5'9 242
Dex 5'6 232
Vic 5'7 241

X and Kai will dominate phil in size. and Dex will be lost between Vic and Phil....

Biggest , Fullest Man wins this Year

adipo, who is toney workin w/for the olympia? because i just saw a post of palumbos on rx muscle, and he said toney hasnt talked to him in six weeks.....

if toney wants to place well he's gotta work with dave, everytime he hasnt in the past few years hes looked horrible.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 04:07:03 PM »
adipo, who is toney workin w/for the olympia? because i just saw a post of palumbos on rx muscle, and he said toney hasnt talked to him in six weeks.....

if toney wants to place well he's gotta work with dave, everytime he hasnt in the past few years hes looked horrible.

Horrible? When in 07? When he was sick ? Still speaking about it ?
He has competed 12 times since then and your the only person to say X looks Horrible.

o wait i have some pics of him looking horrible !

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2009, 04:12:38 PM »
Horrible? When in 07? When he was sick ? Still speaking about it ?
He has competed 12 times since then and your the only person to say X looks Horrible.

o wait i have some pics of him looking horrible !

well he didnt look horrible thats an exaggeration, much like u exaggerate in every post about toney's physique.

but he did win 4 pro shows in the last two years and place 5th at the O working with palumbo. then workin on his own, he placed 14th at the 07' olympia, 8th at the ironman ( a second rate show ) and 7th at the arnold a few weeks later.

his track record with dave is much much better, now i dont know whats goin on between them two, but for toney to be at his best, he needs to do whatever dave does for him.

he did look a bit flat at this yrs arnold, but that can easily be fixed, but he prolly needs palumbos help to do it...

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 04:16:08 PM »
Vic's time is done and over. He had his shot and screwed it up. Lets see, he closed his gym after selling memberships right up till the day it closed. He was busted for dealing and then rolled on people. He's shot synthol into his arms and calves over the years having them lump out and leaving him looking odd in poses. His leg is injured (I don't believe how he says it happened) and then his sister goes missing under what could be extremely suspicious circumstances, while now he is opening a restaurant and prepping for the O.
Let's say that he actually does everything correct-which I doubt he will- and comes in 105%. And all the other competitors do as well. Would you want Vic representing BBing? You can't understand him when he speaks, he has the energy of a sloth, and comes across as educated as a ghetto teenager.
Couple all those together with Vic's past issues getting into shape, he won't come in first, and I'm thinking top 5 will be hard for him to break even.

nice post!... couldnt agree with you more!

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2009, 04:50:15 PM »
So was Cutler in 2001, but the last two years, and he was awarded 1st place in one of them.
Because someone has come in great shape doesn't mean he will. And just because he did so in the past doesn't mean they should award him 1st because that was in the past!

Have you not heard what happened to his sister? Ignorant comment.

I would be just as fine with Vic representing the sport as I would with anyone else. Everyone makes mistakes, he is no different than anyone else.  I dont know the circumstances surronding his gym, but just because it goes under doesnt mean im gonna hold it against him.  As far as illegal drugs (steroids),  all Olympia competitors are guilty in one respect or another, he just got caught.  His sister was murdered BTW in a horrific way.  I've heard him speak and he sounds just fine. It seems you must have something against him personally cause you're reaching way out on a limb.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2009, 04:52:23 PM »
focus, guys

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Aren't you forgetting about Cutler?  At what, 5"9 260,  He was the biggest, fullest competitor at last year's night show, and if he duplicates that form this year he will win.  I am not sure why everyone has written him off on here.

Are you forgetting Cutler is the only super heavy to lose to the light heavy more than once

Willie Stallings
Dexter Jackson

So he is a non factor - He is a Icon .. but his Battle is his own.

X was bigger than him last year and even Bigger this years and Phil was Bigger than Phil

So.....Shhhhhhh

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2009, 06:27:40 PM »
It seems you must have something against him personally cause you're reaching way out on a limb.

It seems? You would be more apt in saying 'I do.'
Vic is a douchebag straight up! And as much as I feel that many of the people in the BBing game wouldn't be the best representative, Vic would be worse for the sport than choosing "a lesser evil" like Kai...while Kai has fucked a grapefruit here and there, posed in a highly gay routine and such...the circumstances are not nearly as shady.
About his sister, you're confusing my statement as that I have something against his sister. Not true in the least. If I think Vic had some indirect involvement, yes I think I do. That's nothing to do with his late sister, which I would never wish to see harm on her...only someone that puts themselves in that position and I don't think she was that person.
And for what it's worth....Hi Vic! ::)

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 06:56:48 PM »
And for what it's worth....Hi Vic! ::)

first off, youre reaching...

secondly, you must know him personally by the way you're coming at him.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2009, 07:06:47 PM »
secondly, you must know him personally by the way you're coming at him.

Don't know him. He lives on the opposite coast that I do.
Some people just have a personality that shines through in print and through the reports on MDTV and the like. Vic, for me, is one such lucky fellow. King Kamali is another.
There are many. At one time, Vic was the heir apparent a la Flex to the Olympia throne. Even Ronnie said it (also contradicted himself minutes later!) and at the time I believed it. No longer do I though for aforementioned reasons.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
Are you forgetting Cutler is the only super heavy to lose to the light heavy more than once

Willie Stallings
Dexter Jackson

So he is a non factor - He is a Icon .. but his Battle is his own.

X was bigger than him last year and even Bigger this years and Phil was Bigger than Phil

So.....Shhhhhhh

I like Toney (minus the stipper routine) and hope he brings it this year; afterall, he competes at one of the highest weights and has the smallest waists.  

However, to claim that Cutler is a non-factor is absurd.  Did you forget that we won in 06?  07 he missed it, but he was by far the best at last year's night show -- if he duplicates that form, Kai is the only person with a shot.  So I am just not sure how you can say he is a non-factor.  How is a guy who has won 2 of the past 3 Mr.Os a non-factor?  It seems like he is the biggest factor in the show becuase if he nails his conditioning, he most likely wins.

In addition, isn't Toney a super heavy who has lost to more light heavys than Jay??

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2009, 06:45:16 AM »
well he didnt look horrible thats an exaggeration, much like u exaggerate in every post about toney's physique.

but he did win 4 pro shows in the last two years and place 5th at the O working with palumbo. then workin on his own, he placed 14th at the 07' olympia, 8th at the ironman ( a second rate show ) and 7th at the arnold a few weeks later.

his track record with dave is much much better, now i dont know whats goin on between them two, but for toney to be at his best, he needs to do whatever dave does for him.

he did look a bit flat at this yrs arnold, but that can easily be fixed, but he prolly needs palumbos help to do it...

Really - Well I will let him know you said so .... Oh and the Arnold this year he was Flat- we will have to see how Dave fits into the equation since he was helping him - all interesting analysis - not sure if computes 100%.

He has more of inside on Kai then anyone since competing 3x against him.

X will be a Problem this year and it doesn't matter who the GURU is!  That's my analysis  

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Xman 297 6'2
Kai 5'8 1/2 268
Phil 5'9 242
Dex 5'6 232
Vic 5'7 241

X and Kai will dominate phil in size. and Dex will be lost between Vic and Phil....

Biggest , Fullest Man wins this Year

"XMan" is not relevant, as he has no chance of placing in the top 6. Great bodybuilder, but the judges don't like his physique enough to place him that high.

Top 6 (in no particular order)
Kai Greene
Dexter Jackson
Jay Cutler
Phil Heath
Victor Martinez
Dennis Wolf

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Kai Greene to be your next Mr. Olympia. He will match Dex in conditioning and dwarf him in size.
!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2009, 04:09:17 PM »
as stated above, Toney needs Palumbo - the record speaks for itself

top 5 will be a gift for Jay