Author Topic: Up to $3,800 fine for failure get health insurance undr ObamaCare  (Read 781 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Up to $3,800 fine for failure get health insurance undr ObamaCare
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:45:01 AM »
Up to $3,800 fine for failure get health insurance(Sen Baucus from AP)
 Advertisements [?]Source: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9AJ8OBO0&show_...

WASHINGTON (AP) - A top senator is calling for fines of up to $3,800 on families who fail to get medical insurance after a health care overhaul goes into effect.

The plan from Democratic Sen. Max Baucus of Montana would make health insurance mandatory, just like auto coverage. It would provide tax credits to help cover the cost for people making up to three times the federal poverty level. That's about $66,000 for a family of four, and $32,000 for an individual.

But those who still don't sign up would face hefty fines, starting at $750 a year for individuals and $1,500 for families. The maximum penalty on individuals would be $950.

Baucus is hoping his plan can win bipartisan support. A copy of his proposal was obtained by The Associated Press.

Read more: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9AJ8OBO0&show_... 

________________________ ________________________ ____________

So much for liberals being "PRO-CHOICE". 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Up to $3,800 fine for failure get health insurance undr ObamaCare
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 03:22:07 PM »
Whatever happened to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?  This is really getting out of hand.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 03:28:24 PM »
what a mess.  both sides are complete douches on this issue.  you have the left shoving 10,000 fees down our throat, and the right - instaed of pointing out these very valid concerns - bringing guns to presidential meetings and bragging about how many extra clips they're loaded with.

fvck them all.  idiots.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 04:55:40 PM »
what a mess.  both sides are complete douches on this issue.  you have the left shoving 10,000 fees down our throat, and the right - instaed of pointing out these very valid concerns - bringing guns to presidential meetings and bragging about how many extra clips they're loaded with.

fvck them all.  idiots.

1.  They're magazines, not "clips".  Clips are exposed...think M-1 Garand(the famous WWII service rifle) that is a clip.  A glock has a magazine.  See the difference?  Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. 

2.  Divide and conquer...that is what this issue is all about to politicians and the people involved.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 04:57:01 PM »
if your glock is a 32+1, is it a mag or a clip?

I totally understand the pet peeve.  my brother is the same way.  i jsut get tired of having to explain the diff to people.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 04:58:46 PM »
if your glock is a 32+1, is it a mag or a clip?

It is still a magazine as the cartridges are fully enclosed.  No different than an AK-47 having a 100 round drum magazine.  It's still a magazine. 

Most hunting rifles have interior box magazines. 

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 07:28:25 PM »
I'm sure they will come up with another government program to help people pay fine  ;D
RIP Bob Probert

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 08:03:42 PM »
Max Baucus doesn't give a shit about health care reform.  He's owned by insurance companies.

My guess is that the $3800 fine is nothing more than a poison pill so he can pretend to offer a reform while winking like Palin to his insurance company overlords who are in on the gag. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 05:19:34 AM »
Here is another thing Straw. 

They plan on taxing insurance companies more.  Who do think those cost increases are going to affect? 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 05:47:45 AM »
Good post Straw. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 05:51:05 AM »
Straw - please explain to me how obama's plans are going to bring down costs for the 90% of people already paying for insurance?

From what i can tell, premiums will only increase if these companies are taxed more and now have to cover more people and more conditions.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 08:31:13 AM »
Here is another thing Straw. 

They plan on taxing insurance companies more.  Who do think those cost increases are going to affect? 

well if we have a viable public option to compete with insurance companies than I suspect it will just come out of their bottom line

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 08:34:03 AM »
Straw - please explain to me how obama's plans are going to bring down costs for the 90% of people already paying for insurance?

From what i can tell, premiums will only increase if these companies are taxed more and now have to cover more people and more conditions.   

I'm not sure if you have a time machine or somehow can divine the future but I have not actually heard Obamas plan yet

here's the bottom line - insurance companies are going to make less money

why do you think they have spent $200 billion+ this year fighting any changes to the monopolistic money making orgy of a business

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 08:35:13 AM »
well if we have a viable public option to compete with insurance companies than I suspect it will just come out of their bottom line

Which is exactly why the public option will end private insurance and people wont get to keep tjheir insurance.  The cost increases to cover these new mandates will force employers to dump everyone on the govt system.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 03:39:44 PM »
When are we going to learn that government is already our healthcare? 

HMOs, exception to anti-trust, no buying insurance across state lines, medicare/medicaid(the lack of reimbursement to Drs. and beaurocratic waste) etc.  Government is part of the reason that our healthcare is so expensive in the first place. 

WAKE UP!!!!