Author Topic: Schools refused to air Obama's speech but will bus kids to hear Bush speak live  (Read 1497 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Source: nbcdfw.com

The Arlington Independent School District, which passed on airing President Barack Obama's live classroom address, has announced that some students will be bussed off campus to hear a message from former President George W. Bush on Sept. 21.

District officials said it's part of a Cowboys Stadium field trip that the North Texas Super Bowl Host Committee invited 28 fifth-grade classes to attend several months ago.

In addition to hearing from Bush and former first lady Laura Bush, the students will hear from legendary Dallas Cowboys players and North Texas business and community leaders. The event launches the Super Bowl committee's largest-ever youth education program.

Students must have their parents' permission to attend, school officials said.

Dwight McKissic Sr., the senior pastor of Arlington's Cornerstone Baptist Church, said he's concerned about the district's decision to not broadcast Obama's message while transporting students to hear a message from Bush.

"I do not understand the duplicity in this situation," McKissic said in a news release from the church. "I believe the students and the public deserve and need to have these differences explained."

tonymctones

• Getbig V
who cares

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
G

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
indoctrination is good as long as it's your side doing it I suppose  :-\

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
I don't think either is a problem given the context of the speech is about kids working their asses off.
As empty as paradise

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Well...considering the kids had to have permission before going on a field trip and Obama's speech was just going to be part of the school day.  I would say that is the main difference right there.  This is once again much ado about nothing; more divide and conquer.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Well...considering the kids had to have permission before going on a field trip and Obama's speech was just going to be part of the school day.  I would say that is the main difference right there.  This is once again much ado about nothing; more divide and conquer.

^this^

and it doesnt seem like they are attending this function for the sole purpose of listening to bush...

like dumpling said more much to do about nothing

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
^this^

and it doesnt seem like they are attending this function for the sole purpose of listening to bush...

like dumpling said more much to do about nothing

True.  I bet most of the kids will be talking about seeing the former Cowboys instead of Bush.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
True.  I bet most of the kids will be talking about seeing the former Cowboys instead of Bush.

Because no one really gives two shits about what Bush thinks or wants to talk about.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Because no one really gives two shits about what Bush thinks or wants to talk about.

Same as Dear Leader tonight. 

He is giving this nonsense speech because he can read it off a teleprompter. 

When he has to be asked questions or answer direct questions, he is a complete joke and a flop. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Well,looking at the polls I dont think many give two shits what that little racist we have in there now thinks.Fastest ever to drop to 50% approval rating.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V

Ditto for Ollama.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
Re: Schools refused to air Obama's speech but will bus kids to hear Bush speak l
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 06:37:24 AM »
me

None cares about your opinion either so the circle is complete  ;D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Well,looking at the polls I dont think many give two shits what that little racist we have in there now thinks.Fastest ever to drop to 50% approval rating.

And yet over 7 more years of Obama to go.  Since your party can't cough up a candidate that could win a 4H election at the county fair.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
And yet over 7 more years of Obama to go.  Since your party can't cough up a candidate that could win a 4H election at the county fair.
LOL wow didnt know elections were right around the corner  ::) you should stop watching olbeirman and maddow you dont need a candidate till the election process starts brain child. You simply want one now so your idiotic idols can have 3 plus years of putting them under a microscope dip shit even you are smart enough to understand that.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Re: Schools refused to air Obama's speech but will bus kids to hear Bush speak l
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 07:51:10 AM »
None cares about your opinion either so the circle is complete  ;D
That hurts, buddy.
G

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Yeah sure.If he goes the way he has started he might not make the full four years.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Yeah sure.If he goes the way he has started he might not make the full four years.

I don't take him for a quitter.  Unlike those on the GOP side.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V

True that.  He certainly can't quit smoking....

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 08:48:09 AM »
Yeah, did he talk about smoking to the children?   :o

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 08:49:29 AM »
Yeah, did he talk about smoking to the children?   :o

He says he doesn't smoke in front of the family, so that makes it ok I guess.  ;)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 08:53:00 AM »
He says he doesn't smoke in front of the family, so that makes it ok I guess.  ;)

I pretty much think that the uproar from the right about Obama's speech to children was a bunch of fear based alarmism.  I don't have any problems with his message. 

However, now that you brought up Obama's smoking, I don't think a president that smokes is qualified to talk to America's children.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

The Green Czar was a quitter. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 08:58:29 AM »
I pretty much think that the uproar from the right about Obama's speech to children was a bunch of fear based alarmism.  I don't have any problems with his message. 

However, now that you brought up Obama's smoking, I don't think a president that smokes is qualified to talk to America's children.

I agree with you on both counts.  Although I think the original speech he planned to give was different.  As long as it doesn't have partisan crap in it, I don't care.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 09:07:34 AM »
indoctrination is good as long as it's your side doing it I suppose  :-\

Bush led the country off a cliff!  Anyone who wants to follow him is very welcome to do so...