Author Topic: Contest Prep; Why do the *pros* drop all of their *supplements* a week out?  (Read 4088 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Contest Prep; Why do the *pros* drop all of their *supplements* a week out?
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2009, 04:43:48 AM »

Im no "Dr. Phil" but
stay "on" even the day of the show. claims as of droping them are plain bulshit. if you keep the depletion-carb up in check and know your body you wont "hold water". and it also depends on your genetics if you hold water or not.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2009, 05:43:49 AM »
Im no "Dr. Phil" but
stay "on" even the day of the show. claims as of droping them are plain bulshit. if you keep the depletion-carb up in check and know your body you wont "hold water". and it also depends on your genetics if you hold water or not.
very true
 genetics are paramount

somepeople can get dry as fuck some can't ... whatever mommy nature gave you

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2009, 09:07:15 AM »
Couldnt be more wrong...99% of the necesary diuretic use in the last 48 hrs is due to holding excess water from gear still in the system (and excess carbs as well)...both are unnecessary and counter-productive.

You looked good but you never had that real crisp conditioning. Maybe the year you turned pro. Do you think you should've stopped the gear even further out or did you just not get real lean? If it was water by your reasoning you still had too much gear in your system.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2009, 03:17:36 PM »
I think loading on slin is what we see nowadays

it fucked up the conditioning

guys try to get as big as possible and it hurts conditioning...I'm sure Jim will agree w/ me

very true, i know jim recommends against taking insulin, and also has his guys stay as lean as possible in the offseason.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2009, 03:55:02 PM »

You drop all things that may retain water...and supps are one of those things. You need food, as its natural....but EXTRA protein isnt neccessary at that point. You also drop tanning, extra sodium, gear (2 weeks out)
Yeah, 2 WEEKS...only an idiot would take anything after that....there certainly is no benefit, and ALL steroids/GH retain water, even the water based...that said...why risk infection, or any adverse reaction that close to the show? Nothing will be of any benefit other than a diuretic (which has its own list of problems)

BBers take stuff up to the show, because they need it for their HEAD, not their body...
thats what you do, not what everyone does, and certainly not what is optimal.

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2009, 10:59:44 PM »
Quoted for extreme motha fukin truth.

I know an IFBB pro or two and at the very most all they take is a whey protein that they get sent to them for free, other than that its the food in their fridge and the drugs in their medicine cabinets.

anyone is a fool to think that ronnie used no'xplode pwo or that dexter jackson uses any muscletech product LOL

Of course nobody thinks he took no xplode pwo! He used PRE-workout for massive pumps it gives!!!  ;D