Author Topic: Pelosi/Reid Tell President: We Have the Votes; President Wants Bill Passed Soon  (Read 1795 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
And tonight, Obama will be pushing for public option in his speech. 

While White House spokesman Robert Gibbs today refrained from telling reporters whether President Obama in his speech Wednesday night will set a deadline for passing health care reform, sources tell ABC News that in his private meeting with Democratic congressional leaders this afternoon the key word was urgency.

The president told House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., that it is important for them to pass health care reform bills soon, the sources said.

Both leaders told the president that despite the difficult rough and tumble of the legislative process in the last few weeks, they are optimistic that both the House and Senate can pass health care reform legislation.

What will be in the bill remains an open question, though after the meeting, Reid told reporters that “we're going to do our very best to have a public option or something like a public option before we finish this work.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
They are FOS.  They are trying to put on a media face.

What a complete disgrace these three jerks are. 

Obama is the lead liar/jerkoff, followed by the other two lemmings. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
They are FOS.  They are trying to put on a media face.

What a complete disgrace these three jerks are. 

Obama is the lead liar/jerkoff, followed by the other two lemmings. 

it's the lead story on drudge

tonymctones

• Getbig V
The president pledged that if the healthcare bill added 1 penny to the deficit he wouldnt support it...

whats that tell you 240?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The president pledged that if the healthcare bill added 1 penny to the deficit he wouldnt support it...

whats that tell you 240?

That tells me that MASSIVE tax increases are on the way and that a huge VAT tax is coming.

There is simply no other way to pay for this obscenity.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I didn't know we were debating the pros/cons of obama's plan.  this thread was more about the dems declaring victory, and drudge using it as a rallying cry for repubs like 333386 who declared victory on health care weeks ago.  It seems obama didn't read your post declaring victory, and is talking to america tonight to sell his plan.

He's a good salesman, I dont think anyone can deny that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I didn't know we were debating the pros/cons of obama's plan.  this thread was more about the dems declaring victory, and drudge using it as a rallying cry for repubs like 333386 who declared victory on health care weeks ago.  It seems obama didn't read your post declaring victory, and is talking to america tonight to sell his plan.

Yeah, because his 45067 other speechs on this previously have solidified the public behind it.   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Another thing 240  -why do you think he is going to the chamber instead of facing questions?????

Its so that he can read off his stupid machine that tells him what to say. 

Its so he does not accuse doctors of lopping off feet and stealing tonsils. 

Its so that he doesnt accuse cops and people of acting "stupidly" when he himself admits he doesnt have the facts. 

Its so that he can "look presidential" all while he still does not even have a plan himself. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
so are you taking back your proclamation of a total win for the repubs?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
240 - You shilled for the stimulus bill and were dead wrong about that.  Here is the updated graph on reality vs. Dear Leaders' promises.  Please tell me why i should believe anything this liar says.  

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I hope his speech tonight sounds like the one at the AFL/CIO picknick.THATS the real Obama,a black preacher with a vicous streak and a bold faced liar.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
so are you taking back your proclamation of a total win for the repubs?

If they pass this bill,it will be a total win for republicans.They are ignoring the will of the people,the bill will then be torn apart for months before the midterms,people will be so infuriated that there will be a stampede to the polls that will make 94 look like nothing.

The one positive is that cap and trade will not pass as the political capitol is used up.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
It will pass.  In some form or another.

Need to go ahead and get it out of the way so Obama can continue on with his plan for complete domination of this nation.  Don't need a piddly little thing like healthcare reform getting in the way of that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
It will pass.  In some form or another.

Need to go ahead and get it out of the way so Obama can continue on with his plan for complete domination of this nation.  Don't need a piddly little thing like healthcare reform getting in the way of that.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Odrama is trying so hard to ramrod this thru because he knows the longer the public smells it, the more it stinks.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Nothing like going forward with the public DOES NOT want. Sounds alot like communism to me. But then again he did (or does) have admitted communists in his cabinet.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Nothing like going forward with the public DOES NOT want. Sounds alot like communism to me. But then again he did (or does) have admitted communists in his cabinet.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
If they pass this bill,it will be a total win for republicans.

I see.  Repubs win if the bill passes.  Repubs win if the bill loses.  You have it all figured out huh?  And Obama is still milling about at about half the nation still approving of him, even at 10+% unemployment.

Keep patting yourselves on the back, repubs.  no need for a better plan or any defined party leadership.  You win no matter what, right?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

AP just reported that 52% do not want it and disapproves with the way he is handling it. I wonder if there are people still saying "just give him a chance"?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
I see.  Repubs win if the bill passes.  Repubs win if the bill loses.  You have it all figured out huh?  And Obama is still milling about at about half the nation still approving of him, even at 10+% unemployment.

Keep patting yourselves on the back, repubs.  no need for a better plan or any defined party leadership.  You win no matter what, right?

We'll pat ourselves more on our backs in 2010.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
AP just reported that 52% do not want it and disapproves with the way he is handling it. I wonder if there are people still saying "just give him a chance"?

a whole lot more than 52% of americans opposed the iraq war.

Congress did what they wanted tho.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Let me get this straight.

Obama's health care plan will be
written by a committee whose head says he doesn't understand it,
passed by a Congress that hasn't read it,
signed by a president who smokes,
funded by a treasury chief who did not pay his taxes,
overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and
financed by a country that is nearly broke.

What possibly could go wrong?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
We'll pat ourselves more on our backs in 2010.

I will laugh in your face when this comes back to haunt you.  HAHAHAHAAAAA <--just how I am going to do it.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

LMAO!!!

QFT!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
LMAO!!!

QFT!

seriously dude.  With unemployment sucking, the wars umpopular, and obama perceived as taking over every aspect of our lives, about half the population still gives the guy a big thumbs up.  Seeing as Mccain only got 46% of the vote, I'd say Obama would probably win the election again today.

But hey, the repubs won, right?