Author Topic: NO-EXPLODE and other such products...  (Read 2391 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
NO-EXPLODE and other such products...
« on: September 09, 2009, 11:02:42 AM »
ive never been a coffee drinker or used any kind of stimulant, but ive recently tried some of my friend's Muscle Rush and also Platinum Pump Fuel before workouts on several occassions and it gave me (especially the 1st time)boundless energy, focus and the belief i could lift forever or accomplish anything haha.
i recently got a tub of NO explode to try out. my question is this:
1. does the energy simply come from caffine, or does all that other 'stuff' in there affect you as well?
2. are these products safe to use on a daily basis? i know millions of people drink tons of caffine every day but still...i enjoy the hours of focused productivity the stuff gives me but i get the impression that using it more than a few times a week will fuck with your heart patterns and such. are these products realistically not very good for your health to use once a day or is it just me being paranoid?

Pecs

• Getbig IV
Re: NO-EXPLODE and other such products...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 11:07:59 AM »
Most of it should be due to the caffine...and your mind. They do work to a certain extent.
In my opinion these pre-workout stuff should not be taken constantly for too long. Finish a tub and take a break from it........

aglifter

• Getbig III
  • Conan! What is best in life?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 11:27:56 AM »
Eventually someone will figure out that these products (especially Redline Xtreme) cause heart damage.  Until then, go for it.

And yeah, it's pretty much all caffeine.  I was talking to this twink in the gym the other day and he was telling me how he had good vascularity from taking NO and i told him he was retarded.  I take NO and I have almost no vascularity, it's all genetic.  It will not give you any better pumps: you get better pumps because the caffeine makes you work out harder

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 11:38:18 AM »
all sugar and anhydrous caffeine -

Like alcohol and nicotine, caffeine readily crosses the blood–brain barrier that separates the bloodstream from the interior of the brain. Once in the brain, the principal mode of action is as an antagonist of adenosine receptors.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 11:41:12 AM »
all sugar and anhydrous caffeine -

Like alcohol and nicotine, caffeine readily crosses the blood–brain barrier that separates the bloodstream from the interior of the brain. Once in the brain, the principal mode of action is as an antagonist of adenosine receptors.
Vince Goodrum will be selling it soon ;)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 12:00:50 PM »
I never noticed any increased pumps or vascularity from any NO product (which I got for free). Even triple dosed.

Stavios

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 12:02:07 PM »
same here

these products suck ass

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 12:03:28 PM »
I never noticed any increased pumps or vascularity from any NO product (which I got for free). Even triple dosed.

Niacin is cheap but not free good to bring out vascularity.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 12:07:19 PM »

i have used the vpx no products (with redline and without), they both worked. not pushing the stuff just my personal account.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 12:11:06 PM »

x3.  i asked some douche rep for white flood (on the supplement board) and his answer was "well it should work".
Deep Tissue Massage

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 12:12:17 PM »
Lots of non-responders here

NO products give me a crazy pump. when I take those things I get pumped to the point I can't use a full ROM, and my veins are waaaay more pronounced.

and it is no placebo effect

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 12:13:47 PM »

NO products give me a crazy pump. when I take those things I get pumped to the point I can't use a full ROM, and my veins are waaaay more pronounced.

who hacked into your account, broseph?
Deep Tissue Massage

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 12:14:26 PM »
Niacin is cheap but not free good to bring out vascularity.

Niacin doesn't work either IME. It just gives you itching red skin. Didn't notice more "veinage". And when I talk about pump I mean the tight feeling in your forearms where opening your hands is hard and so on.  :D

i have used the vpx no products (with redline and without), they both worked. not pushing the stuff just my personal account.

Increased pumps? I believe they give one hell of a stimulant effect (IIRC contain a lot of yohimbine etc).

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 12:39:28 PM »
bunch of crap...if you really NEED a product like that just to workout, then you have issues which need to be adressed by a medical professional.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 01:02:44 PM »

Yep same here - I use NO-Explode and I've also used the VPX Shotgun stuff and they both worked on me - definitely increased vascularity and pump and even energy levels whilst training. I don't normally buy into all that supplement hype as I'm strictly a protein powder and MRP man (and good old fashioned solid foods of course) but those supplements definitely do have their benefits for when you're training.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 01:16:51 PM »
bunch of crap...if you really NEED a product like that just to workout, then you have issues which need to be adressed by a medical professional.

never said i NEEDED this stuff to work out. i dont. but when i do use it i can lift a bit heavier than usual, get out a few extra reps, and get more sets in.
half the time i take it just for the energy and focus it gives me, just for the hell of it its fun, kinda like the opposite effect of alcohol.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 01:35:08 PM »
i tried a lot but supps like that never gave me extra energy. people who never drink coffee can be enthousiastic with crap like that just because theres caffeine in it.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 01:37:24 PM »
I used to try drinking a few cups of coffee pre workout and it didn't give me half the kick that NO-Explode or similar supplements do. Not saying drinking coffee doesn't work, it's just that it doesn't seem to work for me.  :-\

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 01:43:29 PM »
Yep same here - I use NO-Explode and I've also used the VPX Shotgun stuff and they both worked on me - definitely increased vascularity and pump and even energy levels whilst training.

even if true, none of those things have any actual effect on building muscle mass

so you get pumped and extra vascular during a workout.  unless that workout is Saturday at noon, and you're going to a pool party at 2, why bother?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 02:00:03 PM »
even if true, none of those things have any actual effect on building muscle mass

so you get pumped and extra vascular during a workout.  unless that workout is Saturday at noon, and you're going to a pool party at 2, why bother?

Yes, because who would want a killer pump and crazy energy at the gym  ::) :P

they also get you amped up like a MFer.  much more so than a Red Bull, so i get a killer workout in, which theoretically produces results.

I'm not a disciple of these things, I don't take them on a regular basis, but the times I have they did EXACTLY what they say they do

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 02:03:43 PM »
I simply don't trust those expensive and overhyped 'proprietary blend' supps.

30 mins before training I drink a mug of coffee (I grind the beans myself). Before, during and right after my workout I drink 600 cc juice with 400cc water and 30 grams of whey + some creatin when I'm finished. That gives me the energy I need.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 02:19:27 PM »
personally ive felt no difference at all between a tab of caffiene and any of the pre workout products.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 02:19:39 PM »
Yes, because who would want a killer pump and crazy energy at the gym  ::) :P

a 'pump' is just cosmetic.  it has no effect on building muscle.   crazy energy is just from the caffeine, and even Starbucks is a cheaper source of caffeine than these products.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 02:20:06 PM »
I simply don't trust those expensive and overhyped 'proprietary blend' supps.

30 mins before training I drink a mug of coffee (I grind the beans myself). Before, during and right after my workout I drink 600 cc juice with 400cc water and 30 grams of whey + some creatin when I'm finished. That gives me the energy I need.

I don't take anything with creatine in it, bloat city

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 02:22:03 PM »
a 'pump' is just cosmetic.  it has no effect on building muscle.   crazy energy is just from the caffeine, and even Starbucks is a cheaper source of caffeine than these products.
i wouldnt say the pump has no effect, especially for 99% of bodybuilders who have abnormal amounts of androgens and other growth effecting hormones and drugs in their blood