Author Topic: Illegal Aliens will get health benefits once Amnesty passes.  (Read 1956 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Illegal Aliens will get health benefits once Amnesty passes.
« on: September 10, 2009, 09:22:34 AM »
Obama Won’t Give Federal Insurance Benefits to Illegal Aliens, He’ll Make Them Legal First
CNS News ^ | 9/10/2009 | Terence P. Jeffrey, Editor-in-Chief

Posted on Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:00:56 PM by ex-Texan

(CNSNews.com) - In his speech to a joint session of Congress last night, President Obama said that his health care reform plan will not insure “illegal immigrants.” The statement instantly became a matter of controversy when Rep. Joe Wilson (R.-S.C.) yelled out in the House chamber, “You lie.”

Wilson has since apologized for his outburst.

But President Obama’s statement about illegal aliens and health care reform deserves further scrutiny.

“There are also those who claim that our reform efforts would insure illegal immigrants,” said Obama. “This, too, is false. The reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally.”

It is true that both the House and Senate health care bills as they are now drafted would make illegal aliens ineligible for federally funded health care. But President Obama has stated as recently as last month at a press conference in Mexico that he will seek “comprehensive immigration reform” legislation that will put illegal aliens on a “pathway to citizenship.”

Viewed in combination, the president’s health care and immigration reform plans would in fact let people who are illegal immigrants in the United States today receive federally funded health care benefits when the plan comes on line. In his speech last night, the president said that the health insurance exchanges where people would buy federally subsidized insurance would not begin operating until four years from now. If Obama follows through on his agenda as planned, immigration reform will be enacted in the intervening time.

Section 246 of the health care reform bill that has been approved by three House committees is titled, “No Federal Payment for Undocumented Aliens.” It says, “Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.”

The bill passed by the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, defines an “eligible individual” under the bill as “a citizen or national of the United States or an alien lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence or an alien lawfully present in the United States.”

At an August 10 press conference in Guadalajara, Mexico, President Obama was asked this question: “I wonder if you can tell us what you think the prospects are for immigration reform, for comprehensive immigration reform, which you've said is your goal; and whether you think that the blows you're taking now on health care and that the Democrats are likely to take around the midterm elections will make it hard, if not impossible, to achieve comprehensive immigration reform in this term.”

Obama responded that he was “confident” he would get immigration reform that created a “pathway to citizenship” for illegal aliens.

“Now, am I going to be able to snap my fingers and get this done? No,” said Obama. “This is going to be difficult; it's going to require bipartisan cooperation. There are going to be demagogues out there who try to suggest that any form of pathway for legalization for those who are already in the United States is unacceptable. And those are fights that I'd have to have if my poll numbers are at 70 or if my poll numbers are at 40. That's just the nature of the U.S. immigration debate.

“But ultimately, I think the American people want fairness,” Obama continued. “And we can create a system in which you have strong border security, we have an orderly process for people to come in, but we're also giving an opportunity for those who are already in the United States to be able to achieve a pathway to citizenship so that they don't have to live in the shadows, and their children and their grandchildren can have a full participation in the United States. So I'm confident we can get it done.”

So, the bottom line is this: Obama intends to enact health-care reform legislation that expressly prohibits giving federal health insurance benefits to illegal aliens. He then intends to enact “comprehensive immigration reform” that will make illegal aliens into legal residents of the United States thus making them eligible for the new federal health insurance benefits created by his health-care reform bill.

Illegal immigrants won’t get federal health insurance benefits under Obama’s plan because they won’t be illegal immigrants anymore, they will be legal immigrants.

Hit the primary link above to see Obama speaking on the issue of giving illegal aliens amnesty

________________________ ________________________ ____________________

Anyone who falls for Dear Leaders' lies from last night needs to examine the facts. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Illegal Aliens will get health benefits once Amnesty passes.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 09:46:13 AM »
Yet these dummies believe what he says.Why?Because the Mesiah said it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 09:48:35 AM »
Yet these dummies believe what he says.Why?Because the Mesiah said it.

Even at DU they realize Dear Leader is a liar and is a snake oil salesmen of the worst kind. 

I stopped counting the lies at about 10 minutes in.     

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 09:53:54 AM »
But there is no other way to ammend the healthcare bill, the issue isn't the healthcare verbage, its the president's proposal on immigration reform/amnesty.

I would like to see almost everything the president said pass last night with the inclusion of specific malpractice reform and allow full insurance competition across state lines to increase competition and the exclusion of the public option at this time.  If the president does these 3 things, a plan will pass.

Many may balk at mandating healthcare for everyone, but I think that would pass on a majority vote.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 10:08:10 AM »
But there is no other way to ammend the healthcare bill, the issue isn't the healthcare verbage, its the president's proposal on immigration reform/amnesty.

I would like to see almost everything the president said pass last night with the inclusion of specific malpractice reform and allow full insurance competition across state lines to increase competition and the exclusion of the public option at this time.  If the president does these 3 things, a plan will pass.

Many may balk at mandating healthcare for everyone, but I think that would pass on a majority vote.

Shoot - the only bill on the table right now is HR 3200. 

Obama lied through his teeth last night and does not intend to do anything he said regarding competition. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 10:08:59 AM »
if so (and it depends who you ask), it's total BS.

Or, I'd be okay with treating them, if they were promptly deported afterwards :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 10:41:35 AM »
After Amnesty, they will no longer be illegal.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 10:47:00 AM »
After Amnesty, they will no longer be illegal.

Thats the point, it political misdirection. Notice how the number of uninsured has dropped by about 18 million. How many Illegal immigrants do they think are in the country? 15 - 20 million.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 11:50:50 AM »
Thats the point, it political misdirection. Notice how the number of uninsured has dropped by about 18 million. How many Illegal immigrants do they think are in the country? 15 - 20 million.

I sure wish I could go to another illegally country, not pay taxes and suck off all the fruits of everyone else's labor and when a group of people try to kick me out I get the honor and privilege of calling them racists and then getting my other parasitic friends to march in the streets carrying my native flag and telling the taxpayers, who I am leeching off of, to go fuck themselves.

And in the end, even though I am illegal, politicicians care more about me than they do about the legal residents and as an added bonus I will be given the keys to the kingdom when all is said and done.

What a joke. They speech doesn't tell 25% of the total future/current policy and is a travesty.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 11:53:21 AM »
sadly, both major candidates supported amnesty. pathetic

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 11:54:46 AM »
sadly, both major candidates supported amnesty. pathetic

Yup.  McLame is going to try to partner with Dear Leader on this later this year.  Its all part of the plan.   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 03:46:26 PM »
Even at DU they realize Dear Leader is a liar and is a snake oil salesmen of the worst kind. 

sigh...back with your tired old Obama rants again ....the fact is that illegal immigrants ALREADY get free health care through emergency room visits to hospitals.....this has been going on for over a 100 years....come on 333....get a grip....you're really becoming embarrassing....

what do you suggest we do if an illegal woman comes to a hosptial and is bleeding internally....should we just turn her away and let her die in the street?....

I'm very disappointed in you..what KIND of american are you????????????????????????

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 03:53:55 PM »

sigh...back with your tired old Obama rants again ....the fact is that illegal immigrants ALREADY get free health care through emergency room visits to hospitals.....this has been going on for over a 100 years....come on 333....get a grip....you're really becoming embarrassing....

what do you suggest we do if an illegal woman comes to a hosptial and is bleeding internally....should we just turn her away and let her die in the street?....

I'm very disappointed in you..what KIND of american are you????????????????????????

Treat them and stabilize them as EMTALA requires.  EMTALA does not require anything other than emergency treatment to stabilize the patient. 

After that, call ICE for deportation proceedings.   

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 05:50:50 PM »
Why should we stop at just mexicans? Why don't we grant unilateral amnesty to anyone in the world?

Actually, why require them to actually have been successful in sneaking into the US? That's discriminatory. Why don't was let them remain in mexico or guatemala or East Deuchebaghistan or whever they come from and just send them a check for whatever health care they need?

That's the way to go I think....

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 06:16:28 PM »

Thr kind that expects to laws of AMERICA to be obeyed. It's not my problem if someone sneaks into this country and gets fucked up and needs medical attention. It is not my moral obligation to take care of every person that comes into this country ILLEGALLY. You expect me to care, come into the country legally and become an American citizen, at that point I care.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 09:26:17 PM »
Thr kind that expects to laws of AMERICA to be obeyed. It's not my problem if someone sneaks into this country and gets fucked up and needs medical attention. It is not my moral obligation to take care of every person that comes into this country ILLEGALLY. You expect me to care, come into the country legally and become an American citizen, at that point I care.

WOW!!!!!!!!...the fact is that this illegal immigration issue is way way bigger than you might think...yes in principle I stand with you...our laws should be respected...you should try to come here legally....but the reality is we (the U.S. government )have been letting them come here with a wink and a nod for over a hundred years...since they provide cheap labor for the farming industry.....without these illegal migrant workers, no one would pick the fields and we would have no veggies on our plates at night...plus illegals are a big part of the restaurant industry and who do you thuink washes the dishes, cuts up all the veggies for your plate, hauls the crates of food around?...we pretend we don't want them here..but it 's just PRETEND...and when these workers get sick, we say "oh, they are illegal..we souldn't pay for their hospital visits"..come on man....it's common decency....you don't let people die...

Mexicans have been coming back and forth over our border for hundreds of years....since ALL of the border states belonged to Mexico at one time...not saying it's right, but thats the reality.....also, there are many EUROPEAN ILLEGALS who simply fly here and stay....I have know a few..many of them worked with me at work..I am a school social worker....overstayed their work Visas and are now technically illegal...no one is screaming for them to go back...and don't pull that crap about "well they are contributing"..if the law is good for one it's good for all

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 10:22:56 PM »
WOW!!!!!!!!...the fact is that this illegal immigration issue is way way bigger than you might think...yes in principle I stand with you...our laws should be respected...you should try to come here legally....but the reality is we (the U.S. government )have been letting them come here with a wink and a nod for over a hundred years...since they provide cheap labor for the farming industry.....without these illegal migrant workers, no one would pick the fields and we would have no veggies on our plates at night...plus illegals are a big part of the restaurant industry and who do you thuink washes the dishes, cuts up all the veggies for your plate, hauls the crates of food around?...we pretend we don't want them here..but it 's just PRETEND...and when these workers get sick, we say "oh, they are illegal..we souldn't pay for their hospital visits"..come on man....it's common decency....you don't let people die...

Mexicans have been coming back and forth over our border for hundreds of years....since ALL of the border states belonged to Mexico at one time...not saying it's right, but thats the reality.....also, there are many EUROPEAN ILLEGALS who simply fly here and stay....I have know a few..many of them worked with me at work..I am a school social worker....overstayed their work Visas and are now technically illegal...no one is screaming for them to go back...and don't pull that crap about "well they are contributing"..if the law is good for one it's good for all

Someone will do it, the fact is, there has always been a underclass...Problem is certain groups take with pride that they are here illegally, are the underclass, and they get the benefits of a full citizen, yet they don't have to speak the language, follow the laws. If they became citizens, all their benefits would disappear, because corporations and businesses have to treat them as Am. citizens, and trhey you know what---they will find another "underclass" to do their bidding.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 11:35:00 PM »

Quitter.
G

Purge_WTF

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 12:02:17 AM »
I sure wish I could go to another illegally country, not pay taxes and suck off all the fruits of everyone else's labor and when a group of people try to kick me out I get the honor and privilege of calling them racists and then getting my other parasitic friends to march in the streets carrying my native flag and telling the taxpayers, who I am leeching off of, to go fuck themselves.

And in the end, even though I am illegal, politicicians care more about me than they do about the legal residents and as an added bonus I will be given the keys to the kingdom when all is said and done.

What a joke. They speech doesn't tell 25% of the total future/current policy and is a travesty.

Great post, GX. If I had it my way--being the right-wing extremist that Janet Napolitano says I am--I'd deport them by force, or cut off welfare to those who can't prove that they belong here.

If our limp-wristed government had done something about the border years ago, this wouldn't be an issue.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 12:48:32 AM »
  Great post, GX. If I had it my way--being the right-wing extremist that Janet Napolitano says I am--I'd deport them by force, or cut off welfare to those who can't prove that they belong here.   If our limp-wristed government had done something about the border years ago, this wouldn't be an issue.

Ahh, yes deportation by force, that whole "we are fight a war in two countries" kinda cancels that out...But I imagine you have Trail of Tears vision. People don't think, by force can be done, but it can. But then, everybody with a Spanish accent will be under scrutiny, like the Spanish Inquisition wit the Jews.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 05:53:24 AM »
The cost of deportation would bankrupt the country.  And what for?  Within three days, those who get deported would be right back in your country.  Build a wall along the border, next to electric fences, surrounded by mine fields?  Illegal immigrants would build tunnels underground.  You can't stop them that way.

Illegal immigrants break the law no more than the Americans who hire them.  Illegal immigration is a problem created by the Americans who hire illegal immigrants.  Wanna stop your illegal immigration problems?  Then stop hiring illegal immigrants.  Then they will leave on their own.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 06:12:46 AM »
The cost of deportation would bankrupt the country.  And what for?  Within three days, those who get deported would be right back in your country.  Build a wall along the border, next to electric fences, surrounded by mine fields?  Illegal immigrants would build tunnels underground.  You can't stop them that way.

Illegal immigrants break the law no more than the Americans who hire them.  Illegal immigration is a problem created by the Americans who hire illegal immigrants.  Wanna stop your illegal immigration problems?  Then stop hiring illegal immigrants.  Then they will leave on their own.

Agreed.  If we shut off the benes, welfare, WIC, Section 8, etc, they will leave on their own. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 07:32:03 AM »

Where did I say anything about Mexicans? I don't give a fuck where they are from, come here legally or get the fuck out. Common decency? Americans in general a generous people, but give me a break, at some point that generosity is being taken ad vatage of and people are sick and tired of it. I don't let anyone die, it is part of life, everyone has to die sometime.

You don't see me going to Mexico or anywhere else in the world expecting them to pick up the tab for me, as a matter a fact I'd get laughed back across the border if I tried it.

And as far as this no one is going to pick the veggies bullshit, there are plenty of people in America sucking up the welfare that can get off their lazy asses and do it.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 09:10:16 PM »
Agreed.  If we shut off the benes, welfare, WIC, Section 8, etc, they will leave on their own. 

x2

1/3rd of them are on public assistance. Cutting off the job market would just get 100% of them on welfare programs without cutting them off there too.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2009, 07:38:34 AM »
x2

1/3rd of them are on public assistance. Cutting off the job market would just get 100% of them on welfare programs without cutting them off there too.

guys..I know we are on GetBig, so I know you guys are saying things you normally wouldn't say in real life, but the fact is illegal immigrants are NOT ON WELFARE, FOOD STAMPS, SECTION 8,etc....they don't qualify....they don't have the documentation to apply for it..and they are checked in a database to see if they are citizens if they do try to  apply....

however you are a little bit right in that their CHILDREN who are born here DO qualify.....and the fact that they do not qualify for assistance cuts off your argument that they would simply stop coming here if they were denied services..as I have said, Mexicans in particular have been coming here for 100s of years over the border...it's a normal occurrence for them..