Author Topic: Great opening game  (Read 1836 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Great opening game
« on: September 10, 2009, 09:41:37 PM »
I missed football so much and tonights game reminded me why although the steelers are probably my most hated team Im glad the titans lost b/c anything that will help the texans out in anyway is a good thing.

steelers BLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D that was for you earl

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: Great opening game
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 12:38:00 AM »
it was alright.

i heard troy p will be out a few weeks with a sprained mcl

body88

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 05:49:44 AM »
Good game.  The Steelers won't repeat, imo.  It's only the first game I know, but they didn't look dominant at all.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 08:11:00 AM »
Troy is a monster and might be out 4-6 weeks

Steelers vs Patriots AFC championship game
RIP Bob Probert

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 08:12:54 AM »
Good game.  The Steelers won't repeat, imo.  It's only the first game I know, but they didn't look dominant at all.
huh??defense looked pretty solid,running game i am worried about ,they are usually one of the best running teams.a win is a win.ben looked good almost 300 yrds passing for him thats a lot,and he can take a hit and pop up .

body88

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 08:22:12 AM »
huh??defense looked pretty solid,running game i am worried about ,they are usually one of the best running teams.a win is a win.ben looked good almost 300 yrds passing for him thats a lot,and he can take a hit and pop up .

It's the first game; I could be wrong, but, I feel like a team like the Patriots would hang a lot of points on that defense.  The Titans don't have the offensive firepower of the top teams in the NFL, and they moved the ball pretty easily through the air.  Ben looked good, but he's not going to last long with his style of play.  I give it 2 more games before he gets hurt.

By the looks of the Steelers last night, I'm not as worried about them anymore. If you can shut down their running game (which the Titans did) and force them into a shootout, my money is on their opponent if they have the horses to do it.  Colts or Pats could hang 30+ on em in that situation, and I don't think the Steelers could overcome the point differential without their running game.

All speculation of course.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 08:54:22 AM »
Seriously....I think Big Ben might spend time on the injury list this season. That dude has got to learn to throw the ball away. He's not going to break free every time a defender gets their hands on him.

His O-line did a great job of protecting him for most of the second half but the Titans were rushing only 3 or four.

He may be a big dude but he's going to get rocked at some point this season and probably get injured.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 09:56:13 AM »
Yeah, Pitt's running game is in trouble and Rothlisberger will end up on his back alot.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 10:07:28 AM »
Seriously....I think Big Ben might spend time on the injury list this season. That dude has got to learn to throw the ball away. He's not going to break free every time a defender gets their hands on him.

His O-line did a great job of protecting him for most of the second half. He may be a big dude but he's going to get rocked at some point this season and probably get injured.
all it takes is one guy getting a hand on him and another defender going down hitting his legs and boom there goes the big bastards knee.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 10:14:23 AM »
Madden curse strikes again!

Polamalu out 3-6 weeks with a knee injury.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 11:18:55 AM »
Good game.  The Steelers won't repeat, imo.  It's only the first game I know, but they didn't look dominant at all.

actually that was how they looked all last season, the titans have always been a tough game

if troy can't come back at full strenght it is over, they scored their td when he went out

E
E

body88

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 12:14:21 PM »
actually that was how they looked all last season, the titans have always been a tough game

if troy can't come back at full strenght it is over, they scored their td when he went out

E

I thought they looked better last year.  Imo, a high powered O with an average to good d would light em up.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 12:36:36 PM »
I thought they looked better last year.  Imo, a high powered O with an average to good d would light em up.

it's week 1, i don't think you should compare them now to the team that went to new england in dec last year

don't forget the titans started out 10 - 0 last year, they aren't scrubs

E
E

body88

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 12:59:41 PM »
it's week 1, i don't think you should compare them now to the team that went to new england in dec last year

don't forget the titans started out 10 - 0 last year, they aren't scrubs

E

I've prefaced a lot of these posts with: " I know it's only week one".  I wont be shocked if I'm totally wrong on this.  To me, last years team was a lot better.  More swagger.  Guys get fat and happy (even on teams like ours).

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 01:20:07 PM »
I've prefaced a lot of these posts with: " I know it's only week one".  I wont be shocked if I'm totally wrong on this.  To me, last years team was a lot better.  More swagger.  Guys get fat and happy (even on teams like ours).

how so? 

don't forget titans didn't score until troy went out and lawrence timmons missed the game

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 02:24:48 PM »

You think so? I don't agree with that. Every year is a new season to set goals for. NFL players rarely rest on their laurels these days. You simply can't dop that. Every season is another opportunity to prove yourself in the NFL and build from the previous season. You can't take a step back, there's too much on the line.

That certainly didn't happen when the Pats won three out of four Superbowls.