Author Topic: Frank Zane - a leader at the time!  (Read 26668 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: ZANE
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 11:03:28 AM »
i'm not here to bash zane...his physique is about as perfect as you can get..but can we assumed he used ''some'' AAS?
without question,,,

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2010, 11:45:25 PM »
yes indeed

he was known to use dbol

deca and winstrol

more or less leading up to the show

offseason he stayed clean

and actually trained less and took in fewer calories

he talks about this in his 77 seminar

google it and you will find it.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 11:38:10 AM »
i'm not here to bash zane...his physique is about as perfect as you can get..but can we assumed he used ''some'' AAS?

Some?  LOL he was referred to as "the chemist" for a reason.  LOL.  Some? Are you serious!  The guy was juiced as much as anyone of that era. 

I don't like Zane.  His personality nor his physique.  He was a tiny guy.  Ever see pictures of him in normal clothes out in public?  I mean Chris Dickerson was shorter than Zane and had twice as much muscle.  Rick Wayne fucking dwarfs Zane in that pic.  And I'm no fan of the dark negroid bodybuilders but they had some amazing competitors back in the day but were robbed a lot due to prejudice.  Harold Poole, amazing! 

axioma

• Getbig I
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2010, 06:35:40 AM »

I grew up in the gym owned by Mr. Universe competitor Richard Baldwin.  Richard spoke to Frank several times a week.  No secret about the AAS and ancillaries, Frank was an early proponent of thyroid meds for contest prep.  From what I remember, they really DID use less and only 9-12 weeks out from a show.  1 gram a week seems to be the amount spoken of.
ultrafit360.com

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2011, 02:26:34 AM »
anyone have the pic on a thread from G&O board in which its autographed and zane is standing ready to guest pose (I think) in a back hall at a school?

Never saw it before and he looks incredibly shredded....

please post if you have it

thanks!

kimo

• Getbig III
Re: Frank Zane - a leader at the time!
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 12:35:29 PM »
boyer coe once said that zane was a great poser . and knew how to time himself perfectly for contest day . but was not a great bodybuilder . tiny arms flat chest small thighs .. . i tend to agree .

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 01:05:56 PM »
boyer coe once said that zane was a great poser . and knew how to time himself perfectly for contest day . but was not a great bodybuilder . tiny arms flat chest small thighs .. . i tend to agree .
yes to all except boyer coe had great arms and thicker than zane but horrible ab structure even in contest shape,zanes build was better.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 08:47:19 AM »
 ;D
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 07:05:03 AM »
Frank zane was pure class.

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 11:39:53 AM »
yet so many found him too small ..

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 09:44:41 AM »
yet so many found him too small ..
YEAH,,AND DUMB ,5'9 185 TO 200 LBS GIVE OR TAKE IS BIG ENOUGH FOR SMALL BONED FRAMED BBER.

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2012, 08:14:05 AM »
i say all this because so many others bodybuilders are too harshly criticised . some are too praised . bodybuilding a strange sport . matter of opinions . of course i was not that great a fan of frank zane myself . not taking anything from him .