Author Topic: New Video Shows ACORN Officials Helping 'Pimp,' 'Prostitute' in Washington DC  (Read 5180 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: New Video Shows ACORN Officials Helping 'Pimp,' 'Prostitute' in Washington DC
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 10:04:41 AM »
I also wrote a letter to the RNC renouncing my memebership in 2005. 
hahahahahhahahahahahaah.... omg i'm lol'n...  This just sound so ridiculous haha jaja baba bubu doodoo.... ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: New Video Shows ACORN Officials Helping 'Pimp,' 'Prostitute' in Washington DC
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 10:06:39 AM »
ACORN Workers Face Charges of Alleged Voter Registration Fraud in Florida
The FBI and state authorities were making arrests Wednesday of workers hired to register voters by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN.
Cristina Corbin

FOXNews.com

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Federal and state authorities in Miami are still searching for five of the 11 people suspected of falsifying information on hundreds of voter registration cards -- including registering the name of the late actor Paul Newman -- the Florida Department of Law Enforcement told FOXNews.com Thursday.

Six people were taken into custody Wednesday as arrest warrants were issued for 11 workers hired by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now -- or ACORN -- on charges of voter registration fraud.  

Florida state attorney Katherine Fernandez-Rundle said the 11 workers hired to register voters by ACORN in Homestead, Fla., submitted 888 fraudulent names -- which included names of people who were already registered voters, fictitious names, and the name of the late actor Paul Newman, who died in Sept. 2008.

Fernandez-Rundle said ACORN alerted her office after it reviewed hundreds of voter registration cards it suspected were fraudulent.  She said that none of the names in question actually voted.

"While they were attempting to steal from ACORN, they were stealing from our electoral process and we just will not tolerate that," she said.  

Fernandez-Rundle said the workers, who were being paid 10 dollars an hour to register voters, face anywhere from 2 to 37 counts of "false swearing in connection with voting or elections" and "submission of false voter registration information."

"They were attempting to justify their hourly wages," she said.

In a statement sent to FOXNews.com. on Wednesday, Florida ACORN board member Leroy Bell said, "We want to commend the state attorney for taking decisive action. Today's action demonstrates the seriousness we brought to the task of not only expanding the electorate, but also of protecting the integrity of the voting process. "

"Over the last five years thousands of dedicated people have worked or volunteered with Florida ACORN and succeeded in helping hundreds of thousands of Florida citizens -- especially African-Americans, Latinos, low-income and young people -- to apply to become registered voters. Fortunately, our quality control managers and the systems we developed ensured their ability to spot the isolated wrongdoing by these 11 workers who tried to pass off phony forms instead of doing their work," he said.

Bell added that the government should do more to modernize the voter registration system, saying ACORN would "prefer that Florida and the United States adopt a more modern voter registration system where getting everyone on the rolls is the government's job and mission."

ACORN's activities were frequently questioned during the 2008 presidential election.  The group, which claims to be a non-partisan grassroots community organization of low- and moderate-income people, came under fire in 2007 when Washington State filed felony charges against several paid ACORN employees and supervisors for more than 1,700 fraudulent voter registrations. In March 2008, an ACORN worker in Pennsylvania was sentenced for making 29 phony voter registration forms.

Click here to read an arrest affidavit.

________________________ ________________________ _____

This was just this week Al.    ACORN should be banned from anything to do with tax dollars or grants.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 10:07:57 AM »
It worked.  I have never gotten another fundraising letter again. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 10:09:40 AM »
bla bla bla.... bla bla bla...

wow that was great...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 10:10:59 AM »
the collective... you fuckers are like the borg :D
LOL come on now huggy bear you dont want me lumping you in with the likes of 240 or lurker and mons do you?

I know i didnt post on the politics board in 06 or 07 so unless you have ppl on here that specifically avoided it you should drop it.

Ive called out bush, not near as much as you have but thats b/c your ideologies clash same as with mine and obamas/dems.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 10:20:21 AM »
Ive called out bush, not near as much as you.
hahaha... yea right...

Ok I'm getting use to being called huggy bear.  That's oddly sick and I must stop it right away....

and yes, you fucking rightwingers are like the borg. You're a collective.  It doesn't matter if you were posting here 2 years or 4 years ago...  You're all connected and that's a big no shit.

3333, is this what you wanted?  I can play....  I can come out of reality, go back into the matrix and play these bullshit tit for tat games... 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 10:20:38 AM »
The 11 people arrested for vote fraud this week was a "isolated incident" as well right? 
Essentially, yep.

First of all, it wasn't vote fraud. It was voter REGISTRATION fraud. That's an important distinction. Vote fraud implies election results are at stake. From the very article you posted, it's clear that the registrations will have no effect on the election.

ACORN employees get paid by the registration. Some people are going to make up fake applications. However, those fake applications are almost 100% unlikely to result in a fake vote.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 10:21:19 AM »
hahaha... yea right...

Ok I'm getting use to being called huggy bear.  That's oddly sick and I must stop it right away....

and yes, you fucking rightwingers are like the borg. You're a collective.  It doesn't matter if you were posting here 2 years or 4 years ago...  You're all connected and that's a big no shit.

3333, is this what you wanted?  I can play....  I can come out of reality, go back into the matrix and play these bullshit tit for tat games... 

So Tony and I are part of the VRWC????

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 10:22:15 AM »
So Tony and I are part of the BORG????
yup 8)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 10:23:10 AM »
Essentially, yep.

First of all, it wasn't vote fraud. It was voter REGISTRATION fraud. That's an important distinction. Vote fraud implies election results are at stake. From the very article you posted, it's clear that the registrations will have no effect on the election.

ACORN employees get paid by the registration. Some people are going to make up fake applications. However, those fake applications are almost 100% unlikely to result in a fake vote.

Hey AL - they are wasting tax dollars because people at the election office have to sift through this crap.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 10:25:53 AM »
hahaha... yea right...

LOL i have called out bush huggsy  ;D

hahahahhahah

so you dont have a problem with me lumping you in with mons, luker and 240 then?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2009, 10:29:23 AM »
Hey AL - they are wasting tax dollars because people at the election office have to sift through this crap.

Virtually all of the "fraud" is reported by ACORN. They go through all of the registrations before they are filed with the government. However, they have to submit all of the registrations because they are federal form. So in reality, the taxpayer expense basically comes down to someone verifying flagged submissions. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2009, 10:30:29 AM »
LOL i have called out bush huggsy  ;D

hahahahhahah

so you dont have a problem with me lumping you in with mons, luker and 240 then?
I'm totally fine with being in 240's camp.  I don't really know mons and lurker all that well so as long as they don't play footsies in the tent, I'm good. 

and you cannot challenge me on calling out Bush, I will stomp your ass record wise there...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2009, 10:33:52 AM »
Virtually all of the "fraud" is reported by ACORN. They go through all of the registrations before they are filed with the government. However, they have to submit all of the registrations because they are federal form. So in reality, the taxpayer expense basically comes down to someone verifying flagged submissions. 

Either way they are still gumming up the system and wasting peoples' time with their fraudulent crap. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2009, 10:35:43 AM »
Either way they are still gumming up the system and wasting peoples' time with their fraudulent crap.  

Not really. I explained why in my last post.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2009, 10:37:46 AM »
Not really. I explained why in my last post.

THIS WAS YOUR POST:

However, they have to submit all of the registrations because they are federal form. So in reality, the taxpayer expense basically comes down to someone verifying flagged submissions. 

And who is responsible for verifying these things?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2009, 10:40:27 AM »
I'm totally fine with being in 240's camp.  I don't really know mons and lurker all that well so as long as they don't play footsies in the tent, I'm good. 

and you cannot challenge me on calling out Bush, I will stomp your ass record wise there...
LOL come on now huggy bear you dont want me lumping you in with the likes of 240 or lurker and mons do you?

I know i didnt post on the politics board in 06 or 07 so unless you have ppl on here that specifically avoided it you should drop it.

Ive called out bush, not near as much as you have but thats b/c your ideologies clash same as with mine and obamas/dems.[/font]
I already admitted that you called out bush more then me and explained why

just like why 3333 calls out obama more then you and why

that doesnt mean i didnt call out bush as i did on shit that i didnt like

you know alot of ppl on the left like to complain about 3333 and the number of threads he creates but his numbers arent anything compared to 240 during the election and the countless idiotic threads he started and everyone but me was fine with it then....SO I SAY SUCK IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2009, 10:41:41 AM »
Al, here is a second video in a different office with another ACORN worker who is encrouraging these folks to commit tax crimes and the same criminal violations as the Baltimore office earlier released.

How many examples do they have to find before people accept that ACORN is not a responsible organization that can adequately police its people.  How can you defend this illegal and reprehesible behavior?  No tax dollars to ACORN, appauling.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2009, 10:43:05 AM »
I know I post a lot of articles - but other than that one about the Secret Service guy, how many articles have I posted that are utter lies and nonsense like the ones about Palin or CT's etc? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2009, 10:45:11 AM »
I already admitted that you called out bush more then me and explained why

just like why 3333 calls out obama more then you and why

that doesnt mean i didnt call out bush as i did on shit that i didnt like

you know alot of ppl on the left like to complain about 3333 and the number of threads he creates but his numbers arent anything compared to 240 during the election and the countless idiotic threads he started and everyone but me was fine with it then....SO I SAY SUCK IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whoa... that was totally borg... cool...

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2009, 10:56:04 AM »
THIS WAS YOUR POST:

However, they have to submit all of the registrations because they are federal form. So in reality, the taxpayer expense basically comes down to someone verifying flagged submissions. 

And who is responsible for verifying these things?

Maybe you misunderstood my post. The verification process does not typically include any type of  investigation or follow up. It just involves getting rid of the flagged submissions. There have never been enough fraudulent forms to "gum up" any works.  Fraudulent forms can be traced back to employees and most convictions of ACORN staff are results of cases initiated by ACORN officials.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2009, 10:59:53 AM »
Al, here is a second video in a different office with another ACORN worker who is encrouraging these folks to commit tax crimes and the same criminal violations as the Baltimore office earlier released.

How many examples do they have to find before people accept that ACORN is not a responsible organization that can adequately police its people.  How can you defend this illegal and reprehesible behavior?  No tax dollars to ACORN, appauling.

ACORN doesn't receive federal funding. And has anyone in this thread tried to defend illegal behavior?

And to answer your first question, I will need more than two examples. I was aware of both videos when I began posting in this thread.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2009, 11:01:01 AM »
Maybe you misunderstood my post. The verification process does not typically include any type of  investigation or follow up. It just involves getting rid of the flagged submissions. There have never been enough fraudulent forms to "gum up" any works.  Fraudulent forms can be traced back to employees and most convictions of ACORN staff are results of cases initiated by ACORN officials.

Where would these workers even get the idea that it is ok to submit this nonsense in the first place?  Whether its to ACORN HQ or the local election registrar, where would they even conjure up the idea to do this? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2009, 11:08:41 AM »
More Acorn Voter Fraud Comes to Light
Congressional Democrats still want the group to be eligible for federal money.Article Comments more in

By JOHN FUND

Democrats are split on how to deal with Acorn, the liberal "community organizing" group that deployed thousands of get-out-the-vote workers last election. State and city Democratic officials -- who've been contending with its many scandals -- are moving against it. Washington Democrats are still sweeping Acorn abuses under a rug.

On Monday, Nevada officials charged Acorn, its regional director and its Las Vegas field director with submitting thousands of fraudulent voter registration forms last year. Larry Lomax, the registrar of voters in Las Vegas, says he believes 48% of Acorn's forms "are clearly fraudulent." On Thursday, prosecutors in Pittsburgh, Pa., also charged seven Acorn employees with filing hundreds of fraudulent voter registrations before last year's general election.

Acorn spokesman Scott Levenson calls the Nevada criminal complaint "political grandstanding" and says that any problems were the actions of an unnamed "bad employee." But Catherine Cortez Masto, Nevada's Democratic Attorney General, told the Las Vegas Sun that Acorn itself is named in the criminal complaint. She says that Acorn's training manuals "clearly detail, condone and . . . require illegal acts," such as requiring its workers to meet strict voter-registration targets to keep their jobs.

Other Democrats on the ground have complaints. Fred Voight, deputy election commissioner in Philadelphia, protested after Acorn (according to the registrar of voters and his own investigation) submitted at least 1,500 fraudulent registrations last fall. "This has been going on for a number of years," he told CNN in October. St. Louis Democrat Matthew Potter, the city's deputy elections director, had similar complaints.

Elsewhere, Washington state prosecutors fined Acorn $25,000 after several employees were convicted of voter registration fraud in 2007. The group signed a consent decree with King County (Seattle), requiring it to beef up its oversight or face criminal prosecution. In the 2008 election, Acorn's practices led to investigations, some ongoing, in 14 other states.

The stink is bad enough that some congressional Democrats have taken notice. At a March 19 hearing on election problems, Michigan Rep. John Conyers, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, pressed New York Rep. Gerald Nadler, chairman of the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, to hold a hearing on Acorn. He called the charges against it "serious." Mr. Nadler agreed to consider the request.

Mr. Nadler's office now says there will be no hearing on Acorn because Mr. Conyers has changed his mind. Mr. Conyers's office released a statement on Monday saying that after reviewing "the complaints against Acorn, I have concluded that a hearing on this matter appears unwarranted at this time." A Democratic staffer told me he believes the House leadership put pressure on Mr. Conyers to back down. Mr. Conyers's office says it is "unaware" of any contacts with House leaders.

Then there's Barney Frank, the chairman of the House Financial Services Committee. Last month, he voted for a committee amendment (to the Mortgage Reform and Anti-Predatory Lending Act) by Rep. Michelle Bachmann (R., Minn.) to block groups indicted for voter fraud from receiving federal housing or legal assistance grants. Identical language was passed into law in the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008. Mr. Frank now says he "had not read [the amendment] carefully" before backing it. He gutted the amendment on Thursday, claiming that the language Congress passed just last year is "a violation of the basic principles of due process."

A lot of money is at stake. In the stimulus bill passed by Congress, Acorn is eligible -- along with other activist groups -- to apply for $2 billion in funds to redevelop abandoned and foreclosed homes. Meanwhile, public records show that last spring the IRS filed three tax liens totaling almost $1 million against Acorn, most of which concerned employee withholding.

All of this infuriates Marcel Reid, who, along with seven other national Acorn board members, was removed last year after demanding an audit of the group's books. "Acorn has been hijacked by a power-hungry clique that has its own political and personal agendas," she told me. "We are fighting to take back the group."

Bertha Lewis, the head of Acorn, told me last year before their ouster that the "Acorn Eight" were "obsessed" and "confused." But Anita MonCrief, an Acorn whistleblower, says the problems run deep. Ms. MonCrief worked at Project Vote, an Acorn affiliate, in late 2007. She says its development director, Karen Gillette, told her she had direct contact with the Obama campaign and also told her to call Obama donors who had maxed out on donations to the candidate but who could contribute to Acorn. Project Vote calls her charges "absolutely false." (Ms. Gillette has declined comment.)

Acorn's relationship to the Obama campaign is a matter of public record. Last year, Citizens Consulting Inc., the umbrella group controlling Acorn, was paid $832,000 by the Obama campaign for get-out-the-vote efforts in key primary states. In filings with the Federal Election Commission, the campaign listed the payments as "staging, sound, lighting," only correcting them after reporters from the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review revealed their true nature.

Mr. Obama distanced himself from the group's scandals last year, saying "We don't need Acorn's help." Nevertheless, he got his start as a community organizer at Acorn's side. In 1992, he headed a registration effort for Project Vote, an Acorn partner at the time. In 1995, he represented Acorn in a key case upholding the new Motor Voter Act -- the very law whose mandated postcard registration system Acorn workers use to flood election offices with bogus registrations.

But Acorn's registration tricks may soon be unnecessary. Congressional Democrats are backing a bill to mandate a nationwide data base to automatically register driver's license holders or recipients of government benefits.

This "would create an engraved invitation for voter fraud," says Hans von Spakovsky, a former Federal Election Commission member, who points out that these lists are filled with felons and noncitizens who are ineligible to vote. Ironically, in light of its troubles with the law, Acorn was selected in March to assist the U.S. Census in reaching out to minority communities and recruiting census enumerators for the count next year.

As for the Nevada indictment, Acorn isn't worried. "We've had bad publicity before, and all it does is inform the community that we're here working for the community," Bonnie Greathouse, Acorn's head organizer in Nevada, assured the Las Vegas Review-Journal this week. "People always come forward to our defense. We're just community organizers, just like the president used to be."

Mr. Fund is a columnist for WSJ.com .

________________________ _____________________

ACORN is a crimial enterprise.   

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2009, 11:09:24 AM »
Where would these workers even get the idea that it is ok to submit this nonsense in the first place?  Whether its to ACORN HQ or the local election registrar, where would they even conjure up the idea to do this?  

Where , indeed? If a canvasser gets paid by the registration, what would possess them to hand in as many registrations as possible, even if some of them are false?  I can't come up with an obvious, staring-me-dead-in-the-face reason as to why they would do such a thing.

eta: that article you just posted really skews the facts. A lot of what is printed in it is just lies.