Author Topic: bulldog skin problems and balls  (Read 4356 times)

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
bulldog skin problems and balls
« on: September 11, 2009, 03:10:06 PM »
bruno is now about 6 months old.  we've found out bulldogs can have skin problems and bruno is experiencing some.

he has a few patches that are hairless and pink and one has a red spot with what looks like a pustule in the middle of it.  he also has a patch of fur that is just gone it looks like.  these are on his sides.

he also has a spot on his head that is larger that comes and goes where the hair is not gone but sparse.

he is on natural balance venison and we are going to be changing him to the salmon because we heard it can assist in skin problems.

also one of his balls is bigger than the other is this normal?

any input would be appreciated.

i'll try to take some pictures to post.  yes of his balls too you f'in pervs ;D

here he is when he was really young.  

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: bulldog skin problems and balls
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 02:05:43 AM »
bruno is now about 6 months old.  we've found out bulldogs can have skin problems and bruno is experiencing some.

he has a few patches that are hairless and pink and one has a red spot with what looks like a pustule in the middle of it.  he also has a patch of fur that is just gone it looks like.  these are on his sides.

he also has a spot on his head that is larger that comes and goes where the hair is not gone but sparse.

he is on natural balance venison and we are going to be changing him to the salmon because we heard it can assist in skin problems.

:( awww poor baby

Does it seem to be bothering him?  Has your vet done a skin scraping yet?  

http://www.bulldoginformation.com/skin-problems-in-bulldogs.html

:

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 09:18:51 AM »
Try to give your pet the DOGtorRx product.

Rinc

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 08:05:54 PM »

I fed my bulldog the same thing, although she had moderately persistent skin problems throughout her life. There are some medicated shampoos vets usually sell, I forgot the name brand of the one I was using. My bulldog, other than skin problems, was very healthy but the skin issues for those who have them are difficult to remedy. Try to avoid using steroids such as prednisone to control the problem, it will compromise your dogs immunity. As far as the ball issue no advice there as mine was a female. Good luck, I hope to have another bully sometime in the future.
Mr. O 09' Jay Cutler

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 09:44:01 PM »
thanks everyone.  princess we will check out that link thanks.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 04:01:51 PM »
Dr. Sandi Sawchuck is on WPR on Tues @ 11:00 CST.  You can listen online @ http://wpr.org/webcasting/live.cfm

This is the show: http://wpr.org/larrymeiller/
Some Mole baits are also attractive... and poisonous... to our pets. After eleven, Larry Meiller and Dr. Sandi Sawchuk talk about your small pet's health. Dr. Sandi is Clinical Professor of Veterinary Medicine at the UW-Veterinary School.

You can call in with your question @ 800/642-1234, however it's very difficult to get through.  I have a secret on getting thru if you're interested  ;) PM me.  I KNOW her first question is going to be "has there been a skin scraping done", otherwise it's just speculation.
:

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 12:28:39 PM »
bruno's pretty darn cute !

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 05:35:19 PM »
bruno's pretty darn cute !
xmillion!!! :D