Author Topic: (12th Sept) Love Or Hate?  (Read 3639 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
(12th Sept) Love Or Hate?
« on: September 12, 2009, 10:36:05 AM »
Batista

Is this guy someone who has turned his life around, from a teenager likely heading to jail, to being one of the biggest superstars of his generation?  Despite coming into the business at a relatively old age, has he never looked back, always striving to make himself a success.  In Evolution, was he part of one of the best stables of the past decade?  And will his charisma and personality allow him to be successful in whatever he decides to do in the future?

OR

Is he just another guy whose size or charisma, moreso than any wrestling ability, has enabled him to get to the top in much the same way as Hogan or Warrior?  Did being aligned with Flair, HHH and Orton allow him to 'hide' his technical shortcomings.  Has his constant stream of injuries in recent years been an indicator that he should have stopped a long time ago.  In short, is he just a doorman who struck lucky?  And if he does announce his retirement on Monday, will anybody really miss him?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: (12th Sept) Love Or Hate?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 11:50:56 AM »
I've never been a fan. And I definitely don't think he's HOF material.

I'm not a huge fan either (unlike my gf  >:().  But I think he'll be a HOF guarantee.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 07:25:14 PM »
Big guy, but lacking charisma/mic skills IMO.

HOF? Maybe after he dies.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 09:15:53 AM »
If they let Koko B. Ware in the HOF, you can make a case for almost anyone.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 04:46:17 AM »
Batista is a body that can really pop a crowd.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 06:35:37 AM »
He's ok. He is what he is, a huge guy that hits a few power moves and gets the crowd going. I'm not that big of a fan but he has improved a lot. One of the best storylines in recent years IMO, was Dave slowly turning on HHH leading up to their match at WM 21. Just a really great buildup.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 09:01:21 AM »
He's ok. He is what he is, a huge guy that hits a few power moves and gets the crowd going. I'm not that big of a fan but he has improved a lot. One of the best storylines in recent years IMO, was Dave slowly turning on HHH leading up to their match at WM 21. Just a really great buildup.

IMO that fued put Batista over and cemented his high status with the wwe.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 09:08:54 AM »
He's from the Wash DC area.

He used to bounce at the front door at Platinum club in downtown DC in the last 90's. I remember going to the club one night and I couldn't believe how fucking huge he was in person. No one was about to start shit in the club on is watch! This was right before his 'Leviathan' character.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 09:54:32 AM »
He's from the Wash DC area.

He used to bounce at the front door at Platinum club in downtown DC in the last 90's. I remember going to the club one night and I couldn't believe how fucking huge he was in person. No one was about to start shit in the club on is watch! This was right before his 'Leviathan' character.
That's pretty cool.