Author Topic: Virginia prosecutors want November execution for convicted sniper  (Read 13268 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Virginia prosecutors want November execution for convicted sniper
« on: September 12, 2009, 12:11:48 PM »
Hang em high.  Can't believe it has been seven years already. 

Virginia prosecutors want November execution for convicted sniper
By Mike M. Ahlers
CNN

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Virginia prosecutors are asking a state court to set a November 9 execution date for John Allen Muhammad, convicted in a series of sniper-style shootings that terrorized the Washington area in 2002.

In a letter dated Wednesday, Senior Assistant Attorney General Katherine B. Burnett said the November date "has been carefully coordinated with the governor's office to insure his availability for any clemency petition Muhammad may wish to pursue." Burnett enclosed a copy of a proposed execution order "for the court's convenience."

Muhammad's attorney said he will file an appeal with the U.S. Supreme Court, and will ask the governor for clemency.

During a three-week period in October 2002, police say, Muhammad and his young protege, Lee Boyd Malvo, shot 13 people, killing 10. The two also are suspected in other shootings and murders in Tacoma, Washington, Montgomery, Alabama, and the Washington, D.C., area.

Muhammad, now 48, was convicted of murder in the death of Dean Harold Meyers at a Manassas, Virginia, filling station. Meyers was killed by a single bullet, which became the signature of the two-person sniper team.

Ultimately, Muhammad was convicted of the Meyers' killing and of one Maryland murder, which prosecutors there said was "insurance" in case the Virginia conviction was overturned.

Malvo was convicted of one Virginia shooting and was sentenced to life imprisonment.

Muhammad's attorney, Jon Sheldon, released the prosecutor's letter Friday.

The letter, addressed to the chief judge of the Prince William County Circuit Court, says the court must hold a hearing within 10 days of receiving the letter, and must set an execution date no later than 60 days after the hearing.

Since Muhammad is not required to be at the hearing, Burnett asks that the court conduct the hearing by means of a conference call.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/12/virginia.sniper.execution/index.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Virginia prosecutors want November execution for convicted sniper
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »
According to Van Jones, black people never do these type of killings. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 12:55:52 PM »

link to quote?

Or just a racist joke?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 01:01:28 PM »
link to quote?

Or just a racist joke?

No its not 240 - if you spent a ittle more time paying attention to stuff than knee-padding all day you would know that Van Jones said that only white people are serial killers and mass murderers. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 01:02:11 PM »
No its not 240 - if you spent a ittle more time paying attention to stuff than knee-padding all day you would know that Van Jones said that only white people are serial killers and mass murderers. 

link?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 05:30:09 PM »
Yeah and only darkies do drive by's and commit armed robberies  ::)

The scumbag who killed those ppl in VA should die. I have family in Northern VA and two of the people he picked off were no more than a quarter mile away from where they live.

However, after reading this months new yorker, I have to say I am a lot more liberal on applying the death penalty than I used to be. Well, to be exact, the story of Todd Willingham wasn't the first case to loosen my pro death penalty stance. Anyone who is capable of reading something not posted on getbig should purchase or take "The Innocent Man" by John Grisham out of the library. Its a true story and extremely disturbing. There is no doubt in my mind that innocent people have been put to death in this country.

However, in certain situations, such as the DC Sniper, where there is zero doubt he killed those people, the death penalty should be applied with extreme predjudice. It's a tight rope to walk because its a slipery slope in terms of deciding who deserves death and who doesn't and what safeguards are in place to adaquately protect the innocent from being executed.

States like Texas have an absolute farce of safegaurds in place for defendants put to death. No big shock there.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 10:26:19 AM »
http://www.breitbart.tv/van-jones-only-suburbal-white-kids-shoot-up-schools/
I don't get how people aren't seeing the connections between our President and those if the mindset like a Van Jones.  C'mon, people!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 10:30:29 AM »
I don't get how people aren't seeing the connections between our President and those if the mindset like a Van Jones.  C'mon, people!!!

Because they cant bring themselves to admit the truth.  The truth is that Obama is a slick cat and knew enough, and knows enough, not to leave a trail like Van Jones or Rev. wright.

However,  there is no doubt in my mind that he shares kindred feelings with these radicals.   

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 11:27:29 AM »
It amazes me that with so many 'christians' in the United States there are still people who cannot forgive and wish to kill people for their sins.  I am by no means thumping a bible just making an observation.  If you support the death penalty then you can not speak out against stoneings or other barbaric acts committed on those who break islamic laws. 
Abandon every hope...

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 04:45:13 PM »
Kcb you cannot be serious. In this country, we dont enact the death penalty for refusing to marry someone or for cheating on a spouse. We also dont enact the death penalty for being a non-muslim, for stealing, or for drug use. The only crime in this whole country that you may be eligable for the death penalty is murder.

Not to mention the fact that a lethal injection is quick and as a humane a way to kill someone as possible. Being buried up to your neck in sand while the towns people hit you with rocks until you bleed to death is hardly comparable.

You are either a total fucking idiot or being sarcastic. Im leaning toward the former.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 07:11:56 PM »

we just need some deep thinkers like you and 333 to connect the dots for us.

I say shame on Obama for throwing Van Jones under the bus.   

Put that in the column of stuff that Obama has done that I'm not happy about

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 08:56:44 PM »
we just need some deep thinkers like you and 333 to connect the dots for us.

I say shame on Obama for throwing Van Jones under the bus.  

Put that in the column of stuff that Obama has done that I'm not happy about

Yes because we should have self confessed communist and "it's all the crackers fault" makeing policy decisions. I don't know what country you live in, but in the USA the POTUS has no constitutional power to appoint "czars" or whatever the hell you want to call them.

And as far as John Allen Muhammad goes, that piece of shit lost his human being status when he started shooting people for no apparent reason. He is defective and needs to be tossed on the scrap heap.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 09:45:55 PM »
Yes because we should have self confessed communist and "it's all the crackers fault" makeing policy decisions. I don't know what country you live in, but in the USA the POTUS has no constitutional power to appoint "czars" or whatever the hell you want to call them.

And as far as John Allen Muhammad goes, that piece of shit lost his human being status when he started shooting people for no apparent reason. He is defective and needs to be tossed on the scrap heap.

I've never liked the czar moniker either but I'm sure you're aware that there are no actual job titles in the US Govt with the word czar

Regarding Van Jones, I never heard of the guy before a few weeks ago but I don't like seeing Obama abandon his picks just because of some stupid comments the guy might have made or  911 petition he might have signed.  Shit, the guy calls himself an eco-capitalist too.   

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 10:34:20 PM »
I've never liked the czar moniker either but I'm sure you're aware that there are no actual job titles in the US Govt with the word czar

Regarding Van Jones, I never heard of the guy before a few weeks ago but I don't like seeing Obama abandon his picks just because of some stupid comments the guy might have made or  911 petition he might have signed.  Shit, the guy calls himself an eco-capitalist too.   

So you support Van Jones and you say that Obama have a weak character?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 02:04:10 AM »

It's not that they never, it 's very rare. It has to be some Off the wall messed up dude, which of of course they were.  African Americans tend not to do the suicide thing either, but since more AA are becoming "upwardly mobile" in term of class and money (and assimulation) those suicide numbers have increased. Think of the black kid who killed himself on bb.com (he was a strange dude). There is aold saying in the south. "A Black person might kill someone else, but he damn sure won't kill himself", there tends t be more cultural and religious overtones with this.
Because of Slavery and the Bible, blacks were taught to hold on to hope, no matter how slim, and to not give up. So they endear thru hardships. Yo didn't hear of too many black folk killing themslfs during the Great Depression, hell, many of them were old enoguh to remember Slavery---now that was a Depression.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 04:27:28 AM »
It's not that they never, it 's very rare. It has to be some Off the wall messed up dude, which of of course they were.  African Americans tend not to do the suicide thing either, but since more AA are becoming "upwardly mobile" in term of class and money (and assimulation) those suicide numbers have increased. Think of the black kid who killed himself on bb.com (he was a strange dude). There is aold saying in the south. "A Black person might kill someone else, but he damn sure won't kill himself", there tends t be more cultural and religious overtones with this.
Because of Slavery and the Bible, blacks were taught to hold on to hope, no matter how slim, and to not give up. So they endear thru hardships. Yo didn't hear of too many black folk killing themslfs during the Great Depression, hell, many of them were old enoguh to remember Slavery---now that was a Depression.

It's scary!!

We're getting just as crazy as white people. :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 04:56:27 AM »
It's scary!!

We're getting just as crazy as white people. :)

It has nothing to do with race.  Van Jones is just an idiot, a liar, a fraud, a communist, and a clown. 

I wonder if Van Jones remembers Colin Ferguson? 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 07:27:08 AM »

What I am aware of is the POTUS appointing people to positions that only answer to him with no congressional over site, who are making policy decisions. I don't care if you are left, right, or center. That should piss you off as an American.

So now he doesn't know what he is? A commie, a neo-capitalist? The guy is fucking looney, but hey I guess he would fit right in with the rest in the asylum know as Washington DC.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 11:07:53 AM »
It amazes me that with so many 'christians' in the United States there are still people who cannot forgive and wish to kill people for their sins.  I am by no means thumping a bible just making an observation.  If you support the death penalty then you can not speak out against stoneings or other barbaric acts committed on those who break islamic laws. 

You can forgive someone and still hold them accountable.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009, 12:08:07 PM »
You can forgive someone and still hold them accountable.

Killing is not forgiveness. 
Abandon every hope...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 12:10:03 PM »

The "killing" is part of accountability.  The forgiveness precedes the punishment.  Not inconsistent at all.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 12:10:32 PM »

Cry me a river. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2009, 02:33:12 PM »
The "killing" is part of accountability.  The forgiveness precedes the punishment.  Not inconsistent at all.   

You seriously believe that? wow.  Just wow.  talk about spitting in the face of the good book.  You're a disgrace. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2009, 02:34:20 PM »
You seriously believe that? wow.  Just wow.  talk about spitting in the face of the good book.  You're a disgrace. 

Go see my Acorn thread where that disgusting vermin admits to pre-meditated murder.