Author Topic: Soy = Gyno  (Read 3649 times)

hossie59

• Getbig II
Soy = Gyno
« on: September 13, 2009, 07:48:04 AM »
Has anyone else read any of the recent studies showing soy beans actually induce gyno in men? Any other info on said subject that you guys know of would be cool as well as your thoughts.I posted a section of a long article i found below. I hate soy so i guess i am good. 

"When you consume soy protein, you're actually courting the Mr. Hyde side of two natural drugs: genistein and daidzein. Both act so similarly to estrogen that they're known as phytoestrogens (plant-produced estrogens). Soybeans couldn't care less about human sex characteristics—genistein and daidzein may have evolved to act as chemical defenses against fungi and grazing animals. (They aren't very effective deterrents, apparently, since soy meal is widely used to feed livestock.) But when humans consume these compounds in high enough quantities, they may experience gender-bending nightmares. What's more, studies of these phytoestrogens in leading peer-reviewed medical journals suggest that even lower doses—such as the amount in the 25-gram soy protein target cited by the FDA—have the potential to wreak hormonal havoc."

staxripa

• Getbig II
Re: Soy = Gyno
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 09:08:02 AM »
when i first started training i stopped by the local supplement store, the first thing the guy working there told me was NOt to use soy based powders because they are estrogenic.

dexterJ

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 11:48:09 AM »
i already read it somewhere

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 04:47:30 PM »
I've been using soy, whey and casein for years. No gyno.

I think the key phrase is "high enough quantaties"

For every negative study on soy there are ten positive studies on soy.  Everything in moderation?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 05:57:20 PM »
I've been using soy, whey and casein for years. No gyno.

I think the key phrase is "high enough quantaties"

For every negative study on soy there are ten positive studies on soy.  Everything in moderation?

Exactly. But then again I know a ton of vegetarians & vegens who eat probably 75% of the protein via soy & none have gyno.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 04:19:36 PM »
soy is perfectly fine. eat as much as you like.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 05:59:03 PM »

bomz throwing out a curve ball, wants to see his competion running around with big man boobs.

T Adonnis style  ;D

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 08:03:54 PM »
i would think you would have to be extremely prone to gyno to get it from soy protein

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 09:31:47 PM »
i would think you would have to be extremely prone to gyno to get it from soy protein

Probably extremely prone to fat deposition also...

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 10:11:13 PM »
None of the vegans or vegetarians I know have gyno and they eat soy like it's going out of style.

Bullshit studies by the American Beef Association probably.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 11:04:18 PM »
None of the vegans or vegetarians I know have gyno and they eat soy like it's going out of style.

Bullshit studies by the American Beef Association probably.

Good point. Do we know who funded the study?

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 12:47:44 PM »
the beef industry isn't happy about competing with soy, but it's nothing compared to the dairy industry's concern

also, from what i remember, there is someone all over the internet, masquerading as a religious leader or whatever, and he's convinced that soy producers have an agenda to weaken males.  if you read his stuff, it sounds a lot like the passage posted at the start of this thread.

hossie59

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 09:19:45 AM »
the beef industry isn't happy about competing with soy, but it's nothing compared to the dairy industry's concern

also, from what i remember, there is someone all over the internet, masquerading as a religious leader or whatever, and he's convinced that soy producers have an agenda to weaken males.  if you read his stuff, it sounds a lot like the passage posted at the start of this thread.

Dont worry i am no religious leader............I AM A GOD!!!! In all seriousness though since there is data to support both sides of this argument i would say that if you are sensitive to estrogen (and some men are) then make sure you take things in moderation untill there are some unbiased study's that come out. Or conduct a study yourself and if you end up with a nice set of DD's then post pics  :o

Alex23

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 11:29:33 AM »

Once again showing how clueless your are.

Soy absolutely raises estrogen.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 12:39:08 PM »
Once again showing how clueless your are.

Soy absolutely raises estrogen.
first of al, no it doesnt. it may even have anti estrogenic activity, like most phyto estrogens do.  secondly, even if it did, did i say  anything about soys effect on estrogen? no. i said, and i quote, "soy is perfectly fine, eat as much as you like"... that wasnt a comment on its effect on estrogen, but rather a comment on the fact that there isnt anything wrong with estrogen.

Alex23

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 12:41:18 PM »
first of al, no it doesnt. it may even have anti estrogenic activity, like most phyto estrogens do.  secondly, even if it did, did i say  anything about soys effect on estrogen? no. i said, and i quote, "soy is perfectly fine, eat as much as you like"... that wasnt a comment on its effect on estrogen, but rather a comment on the fact that there isnt anything wrong with estrogen.

Ur fucking dellusional, do your research bro....

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 12:48:48 PM »
Ur fucking dellusional, do your research bro....
on soy or on estrogen? estrogen is a nice hormone, no reason to be afraid of it. it helps growth (igf-1, glucose metabolism, satellite cells, AR density), and helps fat loss (hunger suppressant, increases fat use during exercise). or about phyto estorgens? phytoestrogens, like certain selective estrogen receptor modulators, have an antiproliferative effect on the breast, and positive effects on the lipoprotein profile and bone density.   They might also improve some of the climacteric symptoms."   (Brzezinski A & Debi A, Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol, 85(1): 47, 1999)

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 12:52:53 PM »
Dont worry i am no religious leader............I AM A GOD!!!! In all seriousness though since there is data to support both sides of this argument i would say that if you are sensitive to estrogen (and some men are) then make sure you take things in moderation untill there are some unbiased study's that come out. Or conduct a study yourself and if you end up with a nice set of DD's then post pics  :o

:o