Author Topic: ahhh, WTF, was the 9/12 crowd photoshoped in or what?  (Read 6313 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: ahhh, WTF, was the 9/12 crowd photoshoped in or what?
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2009, 02:05:15 AM »
i think the women's march in 04 was probably way bigger than this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tattingstar2/421544461/

and at least they had the brains to get an arial shot:

http://img.getactivehub.com/act2/custom_images/ppil/mall_from_monument.jpg
bigger shot:
http://www.dw-world.de/image/0,,1182490_4,00.jpg

I mean what good does it do to make your point in numbers when nobody knows how many showed up. :-\  Stupid teabaggers, that's what ya get for letting Glenn Beck and a corporate interest group be your leaders ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2009, 04:33:12 AM »
Here's Fox's "sea of people" ::)

click to enlarge:

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2009, 05:36:15 AM »
33 has been posting, but avoiding this thread.  Odd.

FOX said the mall was full (1.4 mil).  that was a lie.  End thread.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2009, 05:38:41 AM »
33 has been posting, but avoiding this thread.  Odd.

FOX said the mall was full (1.4 mil).  that was a lie.  End thread.

Avoiding what?  I dont know what the real number is.  It was higher than 70,000 but less than 2 mill as was first posted. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2009, 05:53:27 AM »
Avoiding what?  I dont know what the real number is.  It was higher than 70,000 but less than 2 mill as was first posted. 

Did you change the thread title? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2009, 05:54:36 AM »
Did you change the thread title? 

No, I dont do that.  Until more info comes out, there is no point debating this.  It seems the number is between 70,000 and abount 750k.  I have no idea.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2009, 06:01:36 AM »
It seems the number is between 70,000 and abount 750k.  I have no idea.   

cool, I appreciate your honesty on this one.  I'm sure it was higher than 70k. 

Do you think it was irresponsible for the event organizer to scream "2 million!" from his tweet about the event, when simple eyesight proves otherwise?

Do you find it odd that the event organizer is now unable to provide any proof ABC reported that?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2009, 06:05:48 AM »
cool, I appreciate your honesty on this one.  I'm sure it was higher than 70k. 

Do you think it was irresponsible for the event organizer to scream "2 million!" from his tweet about the event, when simple eyesight proves otherwise?

Do you find it odd that the event organizer is now unable to provide any proof ABC reported that?

Of course, but this is nothing new.  Every group does this stuff. 

Either way, I am glad that people are organizing a protest to the out of control govt we have.  Especially, since it is mostly middle class working people instead of the rent-a-mob types at the sharpton protests. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2009, 06:16:37 AM »
Of course, but this is nothing new.  Every group does this stuff. 

Either way, I am glad that people are organizing a protest to the out of control govt we have.  Especially, since it is mostly middle class working people instead of the rent-a-mob types at the sharpton protests. 

yeah, i am happy to see the repubs finally coming together.  I don't like the fact the biggest story is the major 2-million number.  The organizer should have just tweeted about the message, not tried to make headlines with numbers larger than obama's inauguration - and numbers that were very easily proven to be a lie.

But I'm sure he was caught up in the moment, and thought his exaggeration was cool. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2009, 06:31:23 AM »
yeah, i am happy to see the repubs finally coming together.  I don't like the fact the biggest story is the major 2-million number.  The organizer should have just tweeted about the message, not tried to make headlines with numbers larger than obama's inauguration - and numbers that were very easily proven to be a lie.

But I'm sure he was caught up in the moment, and thought his exaggeration was cool. 
I think they're mostly independents and libertarians.  Fox is probably doing all this to convert them over a year or so.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2009, 06:36:20 AM »
This is such bullshit.I didnt hear ONE person claim 2 million.The largest number I heard was 200,000.Im not sure where this number came from.

However,to try to compare it to Obamas inageration is stupid.He was the first black president,why would anyone expect a march to draw like that?

I tell you this though.The next day they had a pro health care march.Anyone want to compare the crowds at those events.Or the crowds at ANY cindi Sheehan event?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2009, 06:41:47 AM »
Political activism and awareness seems to grow. That's a very good thing.
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2009, 06:42:19 AM »
This is such bullshit.I didnt hear ONE person claim 2 million.

It was on the event organizer's tweetir page, which was being followed by many bloggers, including malkin.

Malkin even said he posted it "in error".

So it wasn't just 'one' person - it was the chief organizer and mouthpiece for the entire event, using his tweetir to make official announcements.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2009, 06:44:32 AM »
It was on the event organizer's tweetir page, which was being followed by many bloggers, including malkin.

Malkin even said he posted it "in error".

So it wasn't just 'one' person - it was the chief organizer and mouthpiece for the entire event, using his tweetir to make official announcements.

Wow,the mouthpiece for the event exagerating the number of people at the event.Who would have guessed that?Thats an outrage.I bet its never ever happened before that an event organiser exagerated the success of his event.Its a first,its HUGE NEWs!!What a scandal!!!We need an investigation!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2009, 06:47:37 AM »
Wow,the mouthpiece for the event exagerating the number of people at the event.Who would have guessed that?Thats an outrage.I bet its never ever happened before that an event organiser exagerated the success of his event.Its a first,its HUGE NEWs!!What a scandal!!!We need an investigation!!!

Imagine if Obama had walked to the microphone on jan 20th and thanked 30 million people for showing up to cheer him on.  You'd be livid.

That would be the same x20 exxageration this event organizer used.  And for you to excuse such a huge lie, that's pretty sad. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2009, 06:51:11 AM »
This is such bullshit.I didnt hear ONE person claim 2 million.The
except for one of the major event promotors, freedomworks... That's where it came from at the rally, then onto all the blogs then onto message boards, newsletters etc from there...  Even 3333 posted a story that got 2 million through this grape vine...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2009, 06:51:20 AM »
Imagine if Obama had walked to the microphone on jan 20th and thanked 30 million people for showing up to cheer him on.  You'd be livid.

That would be the same x20 exxageration this event organizer used.  And for you to excuse such a huge lie, that's pretty sad. 

Excuses are only necessary for when it's THEIR side doing the lying.  Otherwise, it's a crime.  

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2009, 08:12:59 AM »

However,to try to compare it to Obamas inageration is stupid.He was the first black president,why would anyone expect a march to draw like that?

I tell you this though.The next day they had a pro health care march.Anyone want to compare the crowds at those events.

I agree with this. Comparring a protest to the draw that the first black President in history would collect is just down right stupid.

As far as actual protests are concerned this was a very respectable turn out, although  I have to say I am dissappointed that it was highjacked by the Ron Paul movement in which the crowd was much more informed on the issues.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2009, 08:40:11 AM »
I agree with this. Comparring a protest to the draw that the first black President in history would collect is just down right stupid.

That was not what was being compared.  It was not the events for the compairsion, it was the NUMBER of people there.

And based on the number that showed up there - the REAL number - if you wanted to compare it to a sizeable event, it would be easier to compare it to something like, oh say... a Gay Pride March than it would be for Obama's inauguration. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2009, 09:01:15 AM »

The organizer did just that - and more.

Obama had 1.5 mil people.  This man claimed to have 2 million.

He claimed to have more ppl there than Obama.