Author Topic: ahhh, WTF, was the 9/12 crowd photoshoped in or what?  (Read 6312 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
ahhh, WTF, was the 9/12 crowd photoshoped in or what?
« on: September 13, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »
 ???

OK, 3333 and all the rightwing sources are quoting between 1 and 2 million.  Between 1 and 1.5 showed up at Obama's inaguration...

What's wrong with this pic? :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: ahhh, WTF, was the 9/12 crowd photoshoped in or what?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 11:54:33 AM »
333386 claimed ABC had monster credibility when he told us 2 million.

Now we're hearing 60,000 people MAX?

Big difference here.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 12:10:21 PM »
333386 claimed ABC had monster credibility when he told us 2 million.

Now we're hearing 60,000 people MAX?
Big difference here.

Which means 20K at the very most.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 12:12:04 PM »
Reports the "official" pics they were using on the blogs show a sunny day with lots of shadows.  yesterday, DC was overcast.

The pics they 'accidentally" showeed of the crowds may have been from the Obama inauguration.

I'm not sure a major network can make such a mistake...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 01:30:20 PM »
Everyone that took pictures are uploading to flickr.  search 912dc on flickr.  That's 60,000 at best.  I have doubts about that.  Where they got this 1.5 to 2million I have no idea, what a bunch of liars.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 01:46:14 PM »
Their only defence for the 20x inflated number?

"We listened to the lib media we decry as inaccurate all day long*"

*even though we can't find proof they listed 2 mil as the number in attendance.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 01:46:44 PM »
I found a source on the 2 million :D

http://www.gaypatriot.net/2009/09/12/9122009-americans-wake-up/

Here's a timelapse, 60,000 at best.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 01:59:59 PM »
Here's a shot of the *ahem* 2 million.

There are some seriously devoted people, and I do admire the way they're expressing their love for ths country.

But 2 million?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 02:18:16 PM »
Their only defence for the 20x inflated number?

"We listened to the lib media we decry as inaccurate all day long*"

*even though we can't find proof they listed 2 mil as the number in attendance.

Or maybe the old standby = "But FAUX said so...."  followed by the usual whining.

IF they even say anything at all.  Silence and avoiding the issue is the usual par for this course from that side.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 02:26:46 PM »
Or maybe the old standby = "But FAUX said so...."  followed by the usual whining.

IF they even say anything at all.  Silence and avoiding the issue is the usual par for this course from that side.

na..fox is actually saying "tens of thousands" and people are mad at that.

i havent heard them say million yet.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 06:17:25 PM »
Here's a shot of the *ahem* 2 million.

There are some seriously devoted people, and I do admire the way they're expressing their love for ths country.

But 2 million?

I was there, the lawn was COMPLETELY filled from the capital building to the reflecting Pool.  Those pics look more like the Ron Paul revolution march lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 06:26:40 PM »
I was there, the lawn was COMPLETELY filled from the capital building to the reflecting Pool.  Those pics look more like the Ron Paul revolution march lol

weird that the numbers go from 60k to 2 million.  huge discrepency there.

I'm sure with all the attention this issue is getting, both sides will do their best to plead or prove their case.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 06:41:18 PM »
do the numbers really matter?

like somebody said earlier dispute the ideas

same with the town hall meetings the dems and libs just point to actions etc instead of the points and concerns being expressed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 07:06:08 PM »

yes, they do.  According to the right-wing folks.  The biggest story was "We got 2 million people here!!!!"

And it wasn't true.  So yeah, the organizers and the right-wing bloggers and pundits talked nonstop about the numbers.   The libs are simply proving the bragging points wrong.

The lesson here - organizers of events should really check their numbers before shouting a number like 2 million, which would be bigger than the O inauguration.  And FOX should know from the video, they're not looking at 2 million.  Instead, they just repeat it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »
yes, they do.  According to the right-wing folks.  The biggest story was "We got 2 million people here!!!!"

And it wasn't true.  So yeah, the organizers and the right-wing bloggers and pundits talked nonstop about the numbers.   The libs are simply proving the bragging points wrong.

The lesson here - organizers of events should really check their numbers before shouting a number like 2 million, which would be bigger than the O inauguration.  And FOX should know from the video, they're not looking at 2 million.  Instead, they just repeat it.
ok well they dont matter to me so why dont you speak on their ideas 240?

didnt 2nd say that fox had said thousands not millions?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 07:31:29 PM »
ok well they dont matter to me so why dont you speak on their ideas 240?

tones this thread isnt about the ideas of the march

its about distorting the numbers to make the side youre on look good

if obama made a campaign speech and they listed the numbers at 500k and all the lib talking heads were creaming their pants non stop, but then we find out that the number was pulled out of their urethra and it was more like 10k people. Wouldn't you be like "wtf, man?"

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 07:32:05 PM »
those pics are from the same day uploaded by people who were there.  Even the clouds look the same.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 07:33:53 PM »

like somebody said earlier dispute the ideas

same with the town hall meetings the dems and libs just point to actions etc instead of the points and concerns being expressed.
yea the numbers matter, 1.2 to 2 million is actually a huge protest.  60,000 for something promoted by the biggest name in news, not so much.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 07:35:46 PM »
yea the numbers matter, 1.2 to 2 million is actually a huge protest.  60,000 for something promoted by the biggest name in news, not so much.
does that make their ideas any less or more credible? of course not so why not address those?

same as the town hall meetings...more deflection

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 07:45:17 PM »
does that make their ideas any less or more credible? of course not so why not address those?

same as the town hall meetings...more deflection
you're actually changing the subject.  This was about the stated number and yea, let's say it was Howard Dean that had been the one to overstate the numbers for Obama that much and say every liberal blog picked it up and ran with it, to be quoted on every message board like this across the country, just like this was, the right would come unglued to correct those numbers.  If what you're saying is the only thing that matters, well a protest of 10,000 would be no less important than a protest of 1,000,000...  Is that what you're saying?  The difference is in the exclamation marks at the end of the ideas.  Yea, that matters.  and yea, the right would be all over correcting extra exclamation points placed behind a liberal protest.  So don't change the subject.

From what I've read, this was that ass from freedom works that overstated the numbers, not ABC.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 07:45:48 PM »

if obama made a campaign speech and they listed the numbers at 500k and all the lib talking heads were creaming their pants non stop, but then we find out that the number was pulled out of their urethra and it was more like 10k people. Wouldn't you be like "wtf, man?"

x 2.

Repubs lied about the numbers, and got caught.  it's that simple.  They claimed to have more than the O inauguration.  Pics show completely opposite.

Will they say "Hey, we botched the numbers, but our ideals are solid", I could respect that.  instead, we'll hear "nobody knows the numbers, the libs mislead us on the estimataion" and other blame games.

They bragged about the numbers.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 07:49:01 PM »

what conservative talking heads cited 2 million didnt you say yourself that fox said thousands not millions?

I agree if its exagerated as much as you guys say its ridiculous and absurd but still they have a legit bitch and nobody will address that just simply the numbers  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 07:50:33 PM »
you're actually changing the subject.  This was about the stated number and yea, let's say it was Howard Dean that had been the one to overstate the numbers for Obama that much and say every liberal blog picked it up and ran with it, to be quoted on every message board like this across the country, just like this was, the right would come unglued to correct those numbers.  If what you're saying is the only thing that matters, well a protest of 10,000 would be no less important than a protest of 1,000,000...  Is that what you're saying?  The difference is in the exclamation marks at the end of the ideas.  Yea, that matters.  and yea, the right would be all over correcting extra exclamation points placed behind a liberal protest.  So don't change the subject.

From what I've read, this was that ass from freedom works that overstated the numbers, not ABC.
Im not changing the subject hugo it was a tangent and logical avenue given the subject...

I agree that the exclamition point as you put it can add to the attention it doesnt however add or take away from the legitimacy of their ideas...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 07:51:29 PM »
what conservative talking heads cited 2 million

malkin and the event organizers, for starters.

of course they have legit issues, but they made the issue "look how many americans came out" then exaggerated the number by 20.  Obama had 1.5 million for his inauguration.  imagine the FOX outrage if he multipled it by 20, and claimed 30 million ppl showed up :P

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 07:51:47 PM »