Author Topic: ACORN scandle hits NYC & 5 more cities to come!  (Read 3867 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: ACORN scandle hits NYC & 5 more cities to come!
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 10:29:28 AM »
Probably a good portion from what i can tell. 

at least 200,000 of them, then?

What evidence do you have, to accuse 200,000 people of being criminals?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 10:31:27 AM »
at least 200,000 of them, then?

What evidence do you have, to accuse 200,000 people of being criminals?

They probably do not even realize they are involved in crime because it is a way of life for these people.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 10:32:31 AM »
They probably do not even realize they are involved in crime because it is a way of life for these people.   

These people?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 10:37:26 AM »
These people?

The entire enterprise is based on criminal activity.It doresnt matter what percent of its workers are criminals,the entire thing is criminal,from registering fake people to vote for trying to set up tax free brothels.Their existance is crime.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 10:43:04 AM »
These people?

Yes 240 - anyone who works for a fraudulent organization like ACORN is "these people". 

Typical rabble rousing street scum.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 12:16:15 PM »
did you miss the many posts where i said the crooked ass ACORN workers belong behind bars?

I missed the part where you DARE to question the involvement of them in voter fraud and the past affiliations of Digustobama with them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 12:19:26 PM »
I missed the part where you DARE to question the involvement of them in voter fraud and the past affiliations of Digustobama with them.

I thought ACORN caught their own ppl cheating, and made a really big deal about it when they fired them?  maybe i'm mistaken.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2009, 12:59:41 PM »
Its not the workers.  Its the entire organization 240.  Where did all these workers learn these criminal activities?

dont you think it is strange how they all give the same advice to cover illegal activities in each of these offices?  And the filmmaker said there are at least 5 more cities to come.   

This is where I disagree with you. It's not like this is some esoteric advic1ce. It's all pretty obvious.

So, here's a little story. While I was in college and for a few years afterwards, I did a lot of volunteer work. Among the places I volunteered were a drop-in center on e. 77th and an outreach center on 40th and 9th. I started out doing labor and administrative stuff at both, but at the midtown location, I eventually became a counselor. Here's the thing about working with poor people: you are not surprised when you learn that they make their money illegally. So many of my former clients worked off the books that I didn't even blink when they told me how they earned money. My primary duties as a counselor involved helping to get people into programs and helping people find rooms for the night. For certain programs, you had to be really fucked up, so I would let my clients know in a roundabout way, that they'd only be accepted if they showed up high or drunk (or at least appeared to be so) and hadn't showered for a few day.  A lot of the young ladies who showed up at the center were prostitutes looking for a room for the evening. Other than some basic literature explaining the dangers of prostitution, we basically just told them not to let house staff know what they did and don't bring any johns back to the room if they stayed there on a long term basis. Once, some girl that had moved here from the midwest visited us but told us she was afraid of staying in shelters, so another counselor advised her to call an ambulance and spend the night in an emergency room.

When I was about 25, I had this client who was about 23 or 24 who was having some problems getting id. He had an off the books job, but he couldn't rent a room or get a legitimate job without state id. We went through several processes and then decided the most expedient measure would be getting a public benefits card because it provided the four proofs of identity he needed and didn't have to apply for a state id. When we met after he got his benefits card, he told me about how the welfare counselor told him about a few holes in the system when he explained to her that he didn't think he'd be able to use the card since he didn't have a home.

I know this is a long post that will go mostly ignored, but my point is that the homeless centers I worked in and NYS welfare office aren't organized criminal enterprises. If you want to describe the behavior I wrote about above as immoral, I wouldn't even bother to dispute that. But, realistically, when you work with the poor or homeless, you weigh the cost of helping them (or what you consider helping them) vs. the cost of strictly following the letter of the law. While I have no issues with the fact that these workers have been fired, nor do I have much pity for them, from experience, I can understand their motivations and I don't see this as some sort of  villainous racket.

So, there's the anecdotal portion of my post. Here's the analytical:

I think the mainr difference in how we are reacting to this scandal is that you are viewing it through the prism of possible election fraud  and the fact that this validates what you've been led to believe. The fact of the matter is that the "election fraud" ACORN is so often accused of simply doesn't exist and the registration scandal could never result in widespread voter fraud.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2009, 01:01:06 PM »
I thought ACORN caught their own ppl cheating, and made a really big deal about it when they fired them?  maybe i'm mistaken.

Almost all convictions that resulted from fraudulent voter registrations related to ACORN have been due to actions ACORN initiated.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2009, 01:05:14 PM »
This is where I disagree with you. It's not like this is some esoteric advic1ce. It's all pretty obvious.

So, here's a little story. While I was in college and for a few years afterwards, I did a lot of volunteer work. Among the places I volunteered were a drop-in center on e. 77th and an outreach center on 40th and 9th. I started out doing labor and administrative stuff at both, but at the midtown location, I eventually became a counselor. Here's the thing about working with poor people: you are not surprised when you learn that they make their money illegally. So many of my former clients worked off the books that I didn't even blink when they told me how they earned money. My primary duties as a counselor involved helping to get people into programs and helping people find rooms for the night. For certain programs, you had to be really fucked up, so I would let my clients know in a roundabout way, that they'd only be accepted if they showed up high or drunk (or at least appeared to be so) and hadn't showered for a few day.  A lot of the young ladies who showed up at the center were prostitutes looking for a room for the evening. Other than some basic literature explaining the dangers of prostitution, we basically just told them not to let house staff know what they did and don't bring any johns back to the room if they stayed there on a long term basis. Once, some girl that had moved here from the midwest visited us but told us she was afraid of staying in shelters, so another counselor advised her to call an ambulance and spend the night in an emergency room.

When I was about 25, I had this client who was about 23 or 24 who was having some problems getting id. He had an off the books job, but he couldn't rent a room or get a legitimate job without state id. We went through several processes and then decided the most expedient measure would be getting a public benefits card because it provided the four proofs of identity he needed and didn't have to apply for a state id. When we met after he got his benefits card, he told me about how the welfare counselor told him about a few holes in the system when he explained to her that he didn't think he'd be able to use the card since he didn't have a home.

I know this is a long post that will go mostly ignored, but my point is that the homeless centers I worked in and NYS welfare office aren't organized criminal enterprises. If you want to describe the behavior I wrote about above as immoral, I wouldn't even bother to dispute that. But, realistically, when you work with the poor or homeless, you weigh the cost of helping them (or what you consider helping them) vs. the cost of strictly following the letter of the law. While I have no issues with the fact that these workers have been fired, nor do I have much pity for them, from experience, I can understand their motivations and I don't see this as some sort of  villainous racket.

So, there's the anecdotal portion of my post. Here's the analytical:

I think the mainr difference in how we are reacting to this scandal is that you are viewing it through the prism of possible election fraud  and the fact that this validates what you've been led to believe. The fact of the matter is that the "election fraud" ACORN is so often accused of simply doesn't exist and the registration scandal could never result in widespread voter fraud.

I appreciate your post, but that is not what has been captured on these videos in these ACORN videos. 

Additionally, these people prepare taxes and mortgage applications, a far cry from the work you did.

They were counseling these people how to commit crime and ACORN gets 40% of their funding from you an me. 

If this guy has videos from 8 cities of ACORN offices where they all did this, there will be a move in the congress to cut off all funding from this organization as it obviously is out of control.     

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2009, 01:21:12 PM »
Almost all convictions that resulted from fraudulent voter registrations related to ACORN have been due to actions ACORN initiated.

Sure it was, I wonder what excuse you'll find for them after this story will reach full proportions.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2009, 01:29:46 PM »
I appreciate your post, but that is not what has been captured on these videos in these ACORN videos. 

Additionally, these people prepare taxes and mortgage applications, a far cry from the work you did.

They were counseling these people how to commit crime and ACORN gets 40% of their funding from you an me. 

If this guy has videos from 8 cities of ACORN offices where they all did this, there will be a move in the congress to cut off all funding from this organization as it obviously is out of control.     

My point wasn't that there was a direct correlation between what I did and these workers' duties at ACORN. I was disputing your claim that because more than one worker behaved in this manner that proves it was the policy of the organization. Obviously, it wouldn't be too difficult for these workers to come to these conclusions themselves. The filmmaker admitted that he was turned away from more offices than he was counseled.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2009, 01:31:01 PM »
Sure it was, I wonder what excuse you'll find for them after this story will reach full proportions.

It's true.