Author Topic: ACORN scandle hits NYC & 5 more cities to come!  (Read 3877 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
ACORN scandle hits NYC & 5 more cities to come!
« on: September 14, 2009, 04:27:39 AM »
From Biggovernment.com

This thing is blowing up.  NYC plus 5 more cities to come. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: ACORN scandle hits NYC & 5 more cities to come!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 04:38:00 AM »
'Pimp' & 'hooker' catch ACORN staff
By JEREMY OLSHAN

www.nypost.com

Last Updated: 6:58 AM, September 14, 2009

Posted: 3:30 AM, September 14, 2009

The scandal surrounding the left-wing activist organization ACORN has spread to New York, with employees at its Brooklyn office caught on video helping supposed ladies of the night get loans for their dream houses of ill repute.

Rather than reminding the women that prostitution is dangerous and illegal and advising them to change their careers, counselors at the social-services group shockingly offer suggestions on how they can launder their earnings.

"Honesty is not going to get you the house," a loan counselor at the offices told two activists posing as a mortgage-seeking pimp and prostitute.

"You can't say what you do for a living."

VIDEO: PROSTITUTION SCANDAL AT ACORN

ACORN workers in two other cities, Baltimore and Washington, DC, had already fallen hooker, line and sinker for the hidden-camera sting operation by two conservative activists.

Four ACORN employees have been fired as a result of the earlier videos, and last Friday the Census Bureau severed its ties with the group, whose members had been hired to do canvassing during the 2010 census.

In an unrelated outrage, ACORN was accused of widespread voter fraud during the 2008 presidential election by helping unqualified voters to register.

As in prior videos released by the filmmaking team of James O'Keefe, 25, and Hannah Giles, 20, employees of the group -- which specializes in housing and voter activism -- were eager to dispense advice on gaming the system and skirting the law.

"You know, what goes on in the house we don't care," one counselor said. "We just help you with the mortgage."

O'Keefe and Giles were garishly dressed as a stereotypical pimp and prostitute. O'Keefe was decked out in excessively snazzy flesh-peddler couture, and Giles, going by the name "Eden," wore almost nothing.

The ACORN workers were not the slightest bit judgmental or put off by the request for help in getting financing for a brothel.

Counselor Volda Albert freely offered financial advice to the young couple, and held back on giving out any life advice.

"I can't tell you don't do it, because you won't listen to me," Albert said.

For tax and banking purposes, and to establish a legitimate income and credit history, Giles was told she needed to start saying she was a "freelancer."

"Don't say that you're a prostitute thing or whatever," she said.

Albert also suggested that Giles open two accounts at separate banks, depositing no more than $500 each a week to ensure few eyebrows are raised.

As for the rest of the money she earned from turning tricks, Albert told her to hide it away.

"When you buy the house with a back yard. You get a tin . . . and bury it down in there, and you put the money right in, and you put grass over it, and you don't tell a single soul but yourself where it is," she said.

Albert even had advice on protecting O'Keefe from getting tied by authorities to Giles' prostitution.

Her illegally obtained revenue could be given to O'Keefe through an intermediary, and then he could use it for a down payment on the house by applying for a "no doc" loan.

In the earlier videos, counselors offered similar suggestions to a "prostitute," telling her to list her occupation as "performance artist," and even offering advice on how to claim as dependants underage girls recruited for the business.

Milagros Rivera, the Brooklyn office administrator advised Giles, "don't get caught -- it's against the law what you are doing, and there's a chance you'll get caught."

Before bidding them good luck, Albert offered two final suggestions.

"Save for a rainy day," she said. "And live well."

O'Keefe, who majored in philosophy at Rutgers University, said he and Giles funded the project themselves. This kind of undercover, guerrilla tactic is the "future of investigative journalism and political activism," he said.

Inspired by "Rules for Radicals," Saul Alinsky's bible for rabble-rousing, more often associated with the left, O'Keefe said he has been targeting and exposing the "absurdities of the enemy by employing their own rules and language."

"If you can make impossible demands on your enemy, you can destroy them," he said.

So he began using a hidden camera "in a location I'd rather not disclose" and started visiting ACORN offices around the Northeast.

As with a series of videos O'Keefe made in 2008, in which Planned Parenthood employees agreed to earmark his donations for the abortions of African-American babies, he said he expected ACORN would yield maybe "a few gotcha moments."

"But we never imagined they would all comply -- it's just disgusting they didn't just throw us out of the office," he said.

In a statement released Saturday, ACORN said that it could not defend the actions of its employees but that what O'Keefe and Giles did was criminal.

"And, in fact, a crime it was -- our lawyers believe a felony -- and we will be taking legal action against Fox and their co-conspirators," the statement said.

Fox News aired the Baltimore and Washington tapes.

O'Keefe said, "ACORN wants it both ways."

"You can't fire the employees and then say I have defamed them," he said.

jeremy.olshan @nypost.com
________________________ ________________________ ________________

I wonder how many fraudulent loans these savages pushed through on the banks under the CRA? 

This is disgusting.  ACORN needs to go asap.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 06:19:55 AM »
I heard ACORN scandal was even bigger.  Two million cities to come.  It was reported on ABC.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 06:27:05 AM »
I heard ACORN scandal was even bigger.  Two million cities to come.  It was reported on ABC.

Your a real jack ass. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:34:30 AM »
Your a real jack ass. 

hey, i'm just playing man.  Despite the 2 mil number claim, which seemed insanely high, I do admire you.  You give a shit about things, and that is a good thing.

smile man, if you can't laugh at this political shit, what cna you do?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 06:36:48 AM »
hey, i'm just playing man.  Despite the 2 mil number claim, which seemed insanely high, I do admire you.  You give a shit about things, and that is a good thing.

smile man, if you can't laugh at this political shit, what cna you do?

Hey 240 - I have a good idea for you. 

I went to the gun show in NY this weekend.  it was freaking packed and people were there with $$$$ to drop. 

I think someone would make a lot of $$$ if they had sort of a tea party table. 

Sell DTOM shirts, flags, magnets, etc.  You could sell all sorts of crap like that.  There was none of that at this show and I was hoping to buy a shirt or something like that. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 06:37:25 AM »
ACORN= OBAMA.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 06:40:36 AM »
Hey 240 - I have a good idea for you. 

I went to the gun show in NY this weekend.  it was freaking packed and people were there with $$$$ to drop. 

I think someone would make a lot of $$$ if they had sort of a tea party table. 

Sell DTOM shirts, flags, magnets, etc.  You could sell all sorts of crap like that.  There was none of that at this show and I was hoping to buy a shirt or something like that. 

that's actually a damn good idea.  But I don't want to end up on obama's bad side ;)

it is weird... we're seeing unity on the right like we saw on the lef tin late 2008.  Remember the Obama rallies?  tens of thousands of people who seriously used their hatred of Bush to come together.  We're seeing it now, only it's united in the hatred for obama.  People don't change - or work hard - until they have to.  Repubs didn't mobilize and rally in 2008 because, hey, they already ran the white house.  And I think most of us had a sick feeling that mccain would somehow find a way to steal the election, if Bush didn't cancel elections in the first place.

Can the R's keep this momentum going for another 14 months (for the 2010 elections?)  I guess we'll find out.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 07:40:06 AM »
What do you expect from an organization of "Community Organizers"? They are simply agitators, thats what they do, anything to buck the system.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 07:48:32 AM »
The "Lying and Scamming" philosophy of ACORN is very similar to the Chicago political system that spawned Obama. No big surprises here.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 07:52:15 AM »

This thing is blowing up. 

Your last prediction didn't pan out so well with the dramatics and hysterics did it? :)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 07:52:28 AM »
The "Lying and Scamming" philosophy of ACORN is very similar to the Chicago political system that spawned Obama. No big surprises here.

These guys are pure as the driven snow compared to the Chicago Political Machine.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 08:09:12 AM »
Your last prediction didn't pan out so well with the dramatics and hysterics did it? :)

This thing is unfolding by the day you idiot.  The original reaction of the media and ACORN was that it was an isolated incident.  Now it is proven that this is a pattern and course of business for this disgusting organization.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 09:02:55 AM »
How many days until it reaches the number you stated?

or years?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 09:06:30 AM »
Definitely not isolated.  There has been a pattern of ACORN corruption for years now....but these 3 taped incidents show how the continued corruption, illegal advice and inability to train their people.
There should be a federal investigation.  We all must agree that ACORN is a disaster.  This goes beyond politics, we can't condone illegal shit like this.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 09:08:48 AM »
This goes beyond politics, we can't condone illegal shit like this.

I dont think anyone on getbig is condoning illegal activity, no matter what the party, right?

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 09:20:01 AM »
When does ACORN start yelling racism?

I give it 2 more days  ;D
RIP Bob Probert

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 09:21:01 AM »
When does ACORN start yelling racism?

I give it 2 more days  ;D
hahahahah let get some odds and bet on this

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 09:28:54 AM »
Definitely not isolated.  There has been a pattern of ACORN corruption for years now....but these 3 taped incidents show how the continued corruption, illegal advice and inability to train their people.
There should be a federal investigation.  We all must agree that ACORN is a disaster.  This goes beyond politics, we can't condone illegal shit like this.

240 doesn't believe a if it isn't from Obama and he will believe anything that is from Obama  :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 09:35:26 AM »
240 doesn't believe a if it isn't from Obama and he will believe anything that is from Obama  :-\

did you miss the many posts where i said the crooked ass ACORN workers belong behind bars?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 09:58:24 AM »
did you miss the many posts where i said the crooked ass ACORN workers belong behind bars?

Its not the workers.  Its the entire organization 240.  Where did all these workers learn these criminal activities?

dont you think it is strange how they all give the same advice to cover illegal activities in each of these offices?  And the filmmaker said there are at least 5 more cities to come.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 10:01:28 AM »
Its not the workers.  Its the entire organization 240.  Where did all these workers learn these criminal activities?

dont you think it is strange how they all give the same advice to cover illegal activities in each of these offices?  And the filmmaker said there are at least 5 more cities to come.   

So you're telling me all 400,000 member of acorn are committing crimes?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 10:02:48 AM »
So you're telling me all 400,000 member of acorn are committing crimes?

No, Im telling you that ACORN in itself is a fraudulent organization whose very existence is to promote illegal activities and fraud, whether it be vote fraud, mortgage fraud, tax evasion, etc.  . 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 10:12:23 AM »
No, Im telling you that ACORN in itself is a fraudulent organization whose very existence is to promote illegal activities and fraud, whether it be vote fraud, mortgage fraud, tax evasion, etc.  . 

How many of its 400,000 employees are criminal?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 10:17:15 AM »
How many of its 400,000 employees are criminal?

Probably a good portion from what i can tell. 

I think every mortgage application and tax return they prepared needs to be scrutinized for fraud.