Author Topic: Vince talks about Benoit  (Read 3201 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Vince talks about Benoit
« on: September 14, 2009, 10:29:59 AM »
credit: lordsofpain.net

Quotes from Vince McMahon feature in a new book called The Untold History Of The WWE. The title looks back at the company from when McMahon bought Capitol Wrestling from his father to the present day.

When asked about Chris Benoit not being acknowledged in more recent books and DVDs, the WWE supremo said: "It's not right to pretend [Chris Benoit] didn't exist. It's one thing to include him as part of a historical perspective, which I believe is OK, and it's another thing to promote him, which is not OK.

"The situation is very similar to that of OJ Simpson — despite his controversy, he was still a part of the NFL scene. You can't deny that he existed."

I agree 100%

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Vince talks about Benoit
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 01:00:52 PM »
Benoit was one of the most athletic, skilled and unforgettable wrestlers of all time he also had work ethic like no one else... Right before he did the deed he asked Vince for some "personal time" which he declined...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 01:21:40 PM »
Also, OJ was innocent.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 01:53:52 PM »
How can you believe a word Vince says? He's fucked over so many wrestlers over the years it's insane. He doesnt give two shits about the guys or their "well being" only about the money and nothing else... He gives HHH some leeway, but only because his married to Stephanie...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 03:10:57 PM »
Chris Benoit was an awesome wrestler, but he'll always be remembered as the guy that flipped and murdered his family.  All the hard work he put in over the years was undone in one weekend of madness.  I used to love Benoit, he was commitment personified, but I'll never be a fan again.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 04:18:46 PM »
credit: lordsofpain.net

Quotes from Vince McMahon feature in a new book called The Untold History Of The WWE. The title looks back at the company from when McMahon bought Capitol Wrestling from his father to the present day.

When asked about Chris Benoit not being acknowledged in more recent books and DVDs, the WWE supremo said: "It's not right to pretend [Chris Benoit] didn't exist. It's one thing to include him as part of a historical perspective, which I believe is OK, and it's another thing to promote him, which is not OK.

"The situation is very similar to that of OJ Simpson — despite his controversy, he was still a part of the NFL scene. You can't deny that he existed."

I agree 100%

Seems like the most logical & rational way to handle it.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 04:41:11 PM »
How can you believe a word Vince says? He's fucked over so many wrestlers over the years it's insane. He doesnt give two shits about the guys or their "well being" only about the money and nothing else... He gives HHH some leeway, but only because his married to Stephanie...
I disagree. He has offered to pay for rehab for any past or present employee, has paid for funerals, given plum jobs to Droz, Vickie, Billy Graham,Atlas etc.. Who has he "screwed over"? Bret says he was treated like royalty, even Warrior has said Vince isn't responsible for what guys take. The HHH shit is so overplayed its ridiculous.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 06:00:54 PM »
Also, OJ was innocent.
Bullshit without pics.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 01:13:14 PM »
I disagree. He has offered to pay for rehab for any past or present employee, has paid for funerals, given plum jobs to Droz, Vickie, Billy Graham,Atlas etc.. Who has he "screwed over"? Bret says he was treated like royalty, even Warrior has said Vince isn't responsible for what guys take. The HHH shit is so overplayed its ridiculous.
AGREED 100%

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 04:51:09 AM »
VKM is all bu$ness. He does absolutely nothing for others unless he benefits himself. Maybe he throws the newspapers in the recycle bin. But besides that he could care less. He's a multimillionaire that cares only for the almighty dollar. The guy has a servant for everything. Thats how it goes. Now about HHH. Your dreaming. HHH is part of the family. Just sit back and think before you respond. HHH married the Princess. HHH bore VKMs grandkids. HHH celebrates every single holiday with VKM and the family. HHH is the ultimate mole. He runs the Federation backstage. Chef has absolutely no clue about the business side of the Federation? But Chef does understand business. Now lets talk multimillion dollar business. Not sure how Steph and Tri's nuptials are going? But as far as the Federation? HHH is one of the best things that ever happened to VKM. It's a fact. HHH is in the family. Not hating on HHH. Chef loves him.

Vince McMahon's actual annual income is 45,100,000.00 after taxes.
He has a 25 million dollar mansion in Conneticut, a 12 million dollar penthouse in New York and a 12 million dollar mansion in Boca Raton Florida. He is rolling in dow. 

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 04:53:12 AM »
Vince McMahon's actual annual income is 45,100,000.00 after taxes.
He has a 25 million dollar mansion in Conneticut, a 12 million dollar penthouse in New York and a 12 million dollar mansion in Boca Raton Florida. He is rolling in dow. 

How many Diva's do you reckon Vince has banged?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 05:54:33 AM »
How many Diva's do you reckon Vince has banged?
I'm sure he's gotten head or some from several of the top divas. that would explain their sudden raise to fame as some didn't deserve it.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 06:27:30 AM »
VKM is all bu$ness. He does absolutely nothing for others unless he benefits himself. Maybe he throws the newspapers in the recycle bin. But besides that he could care less. He's a multimillionaire that cares only for the almighty dollar. The guy has a servant for everything. Thats how it goes. Now about HHH. Your dreaming. HHH is part of the family. Just sit back and think before you respond. HHH married the Princess. HHH bore VKMs grandkids. HHH celebrates every single holiday with VKM and the family. HHH is the ultimate mole. He runs the Federation backstage. Chef has absolutely no clue about the business side of the Federation? But Chef does understand business. Now lets talk multimillion dollar business. Not sure how Steph and Tri's nuptials are going? But as far as the Federation? HHH is one of the best things that ever happened to VKM. It's a fact. HHH is in the family. Not hating on HHH. Chef loves him.

Of course he he cares about money, there is no way he would have got into the position he is in if he hadn't. The point I'm trying to make is, he's not the Antichrist some people claim him to be. Guys like Marc Mero had no problem taking checks from him, but now that he's washed up he forgot who fed his family when the only reason he was over was his plastic wife. He does that huge show for the troops every year and is one of the biggest supporters of The Make A Wish Foundation. As is the case with HHH, the only people I've really ever say anything bad about him are bitter has beens such as Billy Gunn, who's credibility is out the window when he claimed HHH "begged" Vince to let him join DX so the group could get over. ::)

I'm sure he has pull backstage, but a lot of other guys do to. You think Shawn doesn't politic? EVERY wrestler politics, they all have huge ego's. Even the small indy feds I'm involved with, the guys are all out for #1. It's shame that he's branded the way he is, because he is a great worker. I hope that he is put in charge of booking, he has a great wrestling mind and has hated crap like the "Diva" search.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 08:53:09 AM »
Of course he he cares about money, there is no way he would have got into the position he is in if he hadn't. The point I'm trying to make is, he's not the Antichrist some people claim him to be. Guys like Marc Mero had no problem taking checks from him, but now that he's washed up he forgot who fed his family when the only reason he was over was his plastic wife. He does that huge show for the troops every year and is one of the biggest supporters of The Make A Wish Foundation. As is the case with HHH, the only people I've really ever say anything bad about him are bitter has beens such as Billy Gunn, who's credibility is out the window when he claimed HHH "begged" Vince to let him join DX so the group could get over. ::)

I'm sure he has pull backstage, but a lot of other guys do to. You think Shawn doesn't politic? EVERY wrestler politics, they all have huge ego's. Even the small indy feds I'm involved with, the guys are all out for #1. It's shame that he's branded the way he is, because he is a great worker. I hope that he is put in charge of booking, he has a great wrestling mind and has hated crap like the "Diva" search.
Shawn Michaels is one of the biggest cry babies back stage when it comes to refusing to job, letting someone else go over, etc. Why do you think Bret Hart hated his guts? He was supposed to return the job to Bret at WM14 but the cry baby wouldn't do it and faked a knee injury instead  ::)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 09:11:15 AM »
Met Benoit once at a Gold's gym here in Maryland about 6 years ago. Bunch of wrestlers were working out the day before a PPV.

Got his autograph and he was very nice in person. Made my skin crawl when I read about the murder of his family.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 09:52:47 AM »
Met Benoit once at a Gold's gym here in Maryland about 6 years ago. Bunch of wrestlers were working out the day before a PPV.

Got his autograph and he was very nice in person. Made my skin crawl when I read about the murder of his family.
You and me both. I met him at Gold's gym here in Toronto a few years ago when Smackdown came to town. Unreal.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 10:20:20 AM »
You and me both. I met him at Gold's gym here in Toronto a few years ago when Smackdown came to town. Unreal.

Yeah. He was really nice in person, like I said. Was very accommodating for autographs. He was working out with Dean Malenko.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 10:53:02 AM »
Yeah. He was really nice in person, like I said. Was very accommodating for autographs. He was working out with Dean Malenko.

Can you just imagine what the hell was going through his head that fatefull weekend? He definately had problems at home.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 11:35:54 AM »

The only valid criticism of Vince is that he's a cut throat businessman, but, that's pretty much why he's so successful.

As far as his not caring about wrestlers, is it different in the NFL or any other sports league? When you can't perform at high level any more, you're gone.

I remember hearing Bret Hart say that Vince treats his wrestler like circus animals. When they can't perform anymore, he takes them out back and shoots them.

No, Bret, he just stops paying them. That these guys didn't plan for a life after wrestling  isn't Vince's fault. He doesn't owe these guys a livelihood for life.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 12:29:17 PM »
The only valid criticism of Vince is that he's a cut throat businessman, but, that's pretty much why he's so successful.

As far as his not caring about wrestlers, is it different in the NFL or any other sports league? When you can't perform at high level any more, you're gone.

I remember hearing Bret Hart say that Vince treats his wrestler like circus animals. When they can't perform anymore, he takes them out back and shoots them.

No, Bret, he just stops paying them. That these guys didn't plan for a life after wrestling  isn't Vince's fault. He doesn't owe these guys a livelihood for life.
Its a well known fact that ALL promoters treat their wrestlers like circus animal. They use them and abuse them. They make them travel 300+ days a year and they don't even give them medical benefits.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 01:29:34 PM »
Its a well known fact that ALL promoters treat their wrestlers like circus animal. They use them and abuse them. They make them travel 300+ days a year and they don't even give them medical benefits.

Can these small, indy promoters really afford to give med benefits? It seems impractical considering the wrestlers are independent contractors and not full-time employees.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 05:03:37 AM »
Can these small, indy promoters really afford to give med benefits? It seems impractical considering the wrestlers are independent contractors and not full-time employees.
Who cares about the indies. Its the big time that i'm referring to. If they can afford to pay wrestlers in the average of mid to high 6 figures a yr and much more to bigger stars then they should at least give them some health benefits.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 12:40:00 PM »
I remember Benoit as one of the most tallented wrestlers of all time. Yes he did some horrible things but you can't cut him out of wrestling history. Does what he did make him a pos? Yeah, but throwing away your life and career for drugs makes you a pos too and they don't get ignored. I understand short term why Vince would not talk about him but long term he should be treated as any other wrestler. I personally thing Vince is just mad because he did a big tribute show then looked like a fool when the truth came out hours later.