Author Topic: Phil Heath Interview - On paper I'm multi-MrO  (Read 3232 times)

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
Phil Heath Interview - On paper I'm multi-MrO
« on: September 15, 2009, 11:50:08 AM »
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/heath-2009-olympia-interview.htm

you have some insider guy 10 yrs with weider saying phil is too narrow plus GH15 too.  Phil is saying that Kai isnt his comp.  Guy just won the Arnold. Anyway...if they told Ronnie backstage he had lost to Jay...is it possible Phil has already gotten some feedback by gossip that he'll be a multi-MrO, dont have to worry about the other guys?  On paper he could break record ???  it's a sad day in bbing if he ever topped Ronnie and Haney.  i can see him as a 4-6 time guy.    
Oh...Monica!

Boost

• Getbig V
Re: Phil Heath Interview - On paper I'm multi-MrO
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 11:59:18 AM »
The dissapointing thing about Phil from a fans standpoint is that he doesn't look that impressive in certain stages of the offseason.

He seems to gain size coming into a show. Ronnie was a freak 365 days a year.

Fans wanna see Mr Olympia looking freaky year round, especially at guest posing/autograph signing events.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 12:05:08 PM »
The dissapointing thing about Phil from a fans standpoint is that he doesn't look that impressive in certain stages of the offseason.

He seems to gain size coming into a show. Ronnie was a freak 365 days a year.

Fans wanna see Mr Olympia looking freaky year round, especially at guest posing/autograph signing events.

yeah, but one could argue Ronnie doesn't have muscle matiruty yet.  When he does - and when he stops adding 10 ot 15 pounds every year - I'm guessing he can stay lean.

Plus it doesn't take a lot to pop a diuretic before a guest posing, particularly in these days where guest posing pics live forever.  (Ask Trey Brewer)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 05:27:13 PM »
The thing that sucks IMOP is that it isn't hard earned muscle that he brings to the table...Arnold, Haney, Dorian, Nassar, Cutler, S.Ray, Bob Chick, Cormier, Kai Greene and Ronnie Coleman all have/had hard earned muscle...Sure they all use/used boat loads of drugs but Phil Heath is a liquid filled fraud just like Flex Wheeler was and Kevin Levrone...These types of guys are part time bodybuilders who's bodies respond well to hormones, but mostly because they have tiny little boy joints and when you fill up the muscle with "medicine, synthol and synthol related products" you turn a part time muscle man into an inflatable Hercules... :-\

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 05:31:05 PM »
The thing that sucks IMOP is that it isn't hard earned muscle that he brings to the table...Arnold, Haney, Dorian, Nassar, Cutler, S.Ray, Bob Chick, Cormier, Kai Greene and Ronnie Coleman all have/had hard earned muscle...Sure they all use/used boat loads of drugs but Phil Heath is a liquid filled fraud just like Flex Wheeler was and Kevin Levrone...These types of guys are part time bodybuilders who's bodies respond well to hormones, but mostly because they have tiny little boy joints and when you fill up the muscle with "medicine, synthol and synthol related products" you turn a part time muscle man into an inflatable Hercules... :-\

Exactly, Phil's physique screams test and insulin.  Dexter has hard earned mature muscle, I can't believe people can't see the differences in their physiques.

Oh, and on paper Phil is an arrogant tool.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 05:34:33 PM »
There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance.  One reason I don't like Phil that much, he's pompous.  I hope he gets put in his place.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 05:40:11 PM »
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/heath-2009-olympia-interview.htm

you have some insider guy 10 yrs with weider saying phil is too narrow plus GH15 too.  Phil is saying that Kai isnt his comp.  Guy just won the Arnold. Anyway...if they told Ronnie backstage he had lost to Jay...is it possible Phil has already gotten some feedback by gossip that he'll be a multi-MrO, dont have to worry about the other guys?  On paper he could break record ???  it's a sad day in bbing if he ever topped Ronnie and Haney.  i can see him as a 4-6 time guy.    

He's an exceptional bodybuilder , I agree with most of what he said . he knows his physique and he's a realist , he will beat Dexter maybe not this year but the writing is on the wall for Dexter , I honestly think he's the most realistic guy to be Mr Olympia he has all the tools

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 05:43:05 PM »
if they told Ronnie backstage he had lost to Jay   

"They" didn't tell Ronnie he lost to Jay weeks or days before the contest or even before prejudging - they told him literally seconds before it was announced to the audience, cause the scores had been tallied and they knew the result. That's why Ronnie was genuinely surprised (which was plainly visible in the web cast / video clip), which he wouldn't have been had he known about it well before.

He looks better and freakier than most pros, including guys like Dex. In fact, he looks like a cartoon character.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 05:44:21 PM »
There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance.  One reason I don't like Phil that much, he's pompous.  I hope he gets put in his place.

He will be.  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 05:58:44 PM »

It's not arrogance if he can back it up it's confidence and thus far he's proven himself a front runner , won his first two pro contests his lowest placing is 5th won another contest and placed third in his very first Olympia , that's awesome

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 06:24:05 PM »
"They" didn't tell Ronnie he lost to Jay weeks or days before the contest or even before prejudging - they told him literally seconds before it was announced to the audience, cause the scores had been tallied and they knew the result. That's why Ronnie was genuinely surprised (which was plainly visible in the web cast / video clip), which he wouldn't have been had he known about it well before.

He looks better and freakier than most pros, including guys like Dex. In fact, he looks like a cartoon character.

NO lat width whatsoever in that 2nd pic

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 06:29:05 PM »
NO lat width whatsoever in that 2nd pic

he hasn't even hit the shot yet , and lat width never stopped Shawn Ray , many people claim he should have beat the man with some of the most insane lat width and it's all relative to who he's competing with , Dexter isn't exactly widest guy ever , he could lose the lat spreads and still become Mr Olympia

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 06:34:32 PM »
he hasn't even hit the shot yet , and lat width never stopped Shawn Ray , many people claim he should have beat the man with some of the most insane lat width and it's all relative to who he's competing with , Dexter isn't exactly widest guy ever , he could lose the lat spreads and still become Mr Olympia

Spot on. What I like about Phil is that he's freaky and looks impressive in every single pose he hits - never seen him look bad in any of the mandatories.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 06:40:59 PM »
Spot on. What I like about Phil is that he's freaky and looks impressive in every single pose he hits - never seen him look bad in any of the mandatories.

He's probably the most complete guy competing right now in terms of meeting all of the criteria , he looks great from all angles his latspreads don't remind of Haney but they're not bad just not the greatest , if he come in marginally improved and the same conditioning we're used to I can see him beating Dexter absolutely , has Dexter really improved? he's been very consistent but what improvements has he made? he's roughly the same size  he's always been with great conditioning but I think Phil is tailor made to beat him and like he said it's apples & oranges with Jay , I think Jay's seen his best days but you never know

I think Phil really is the best blend and the timing is right for his type of physique .

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 06:57:02 PM »
Kai L. Greene is going to destroy that high yellow bastard...

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 06:58:33 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if either Kai or Phil wins it.
No doubt about it...

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 08:14:31 PM »
Heath's clearly got the best combo so predicting that he will do well isn't very challenging. The only thing left for him is to improve a few weak points, at which point he'll be closer to untouchable.

Greene's got the best chance IMO, because he's not only packed on more size he's also got exactly the dryness Heath doesn't have and will win on posing as well.

Jackson was a winner in a weak year, it was really Vic's to have and he lost the chance. Jackson can't take it to another level like those other two.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 08:32:01 PM »
On paper he's an asshole...

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 08:40:43 PM »

that's crazy.

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 10:05:01 PM »
By saying things like he's starting trends, or nobody goes into the Olympia with so few shows under their belts clearly shows he has no knowledge of bodybuilding history. Perhaps a bit full of himself as well to imply that people are copying him, his speaking in third person, etc.

RxBandit

• Getbig III
  • Team Germany approved.
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009, 10:42:26 PM »
Epic Superman-Syndrom caused by 1g test/day.
...no question.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 11:10:46 PM »
slightly arrogant...
personally I think... one can be confident in themself yes...
but this is BBing a subjectove sport.... you win based on someone elses opinion...
not like sprinting where you make your win... i can understand someone being arrogant in that sport
but bbing is a beauty pageant... the judges can choose who ever ther they like at the time.... even if they dont deserve to win
anyway....
i dislike arrogance... even if you think that way i think u should keep it to yourself...
im starting to root for kai victor or wolf
choice is an illusion

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 10:31:10 AM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 10:33:51 AM »

great 2008 pic when Kai wasn't the Kai he is now.  Kai will outweigh Phil by 20 lbs, and be wider, thicker and in better condition.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 12:25:50 PM »
great 2008 pic when Kai wasn't the Kai he is now.  Kai will outweigh Phil by 2 lbs, and be wider, thicker and in better condition.

I'm not sure about the better conditioning Kai's been on a tear lately hopefully his conditioning will be on point at the Olympia tough to do when you had to peak twice already and Phil is fully rested

and I'm guess that's a typo because 2 pounds ain't much to brag about  ;D