Author Topic: Milos, Bob and other Pros, list your 2009 Mr. Olympia top 5.  (Read 9466 times)

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
Re: Milos, Bob and other Pros, list your 2009 Mr. Olympia top 5.
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2009, 04:10:18 PM »
Hmmm, his quads are over 30 inches....cold...

Mine were never that big...yet many considered I had/have ;) world class quads...(not that I disagree with "many"...but...)
don't most pros measure lower down, ronnie measures like 2/4s up and that 32 inches. If he measured at the top it would probably break 36 inches.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2009, 05:44:03 PM »
Lunges on Smith - super slow and not knowing where would I move his foot (holding in my hands) - back, left, righ...in front, high off the ground....Every rep is the same as far as tempo (super slow) and execution (after super slow and controlled eccentric part (GOING DOWN) of the movement going ALL THE WAY DOWN [FULL RANGE OF MOTION!] so his knee will touch the ground and in that position - he would need to pause for as long as I call it (1-5 seconds usually)...Concentric part (GOING UP) starts with maximal contraction of "mover muscle" of choice - also my call (I would call GLUTES and he would try to disengage all the other muscle groups involved in this particular movement (or exercise)...As we know there are numerous muscles working in unison to perform certain movements - and all the primary muscle groups get help from secondarily involved, stabilizers/neutralizers or IN EXPERIENCED LIFTERS muscles that we concisely ISOLATE and use almost exclusively - IF we could establish mind-muscle connection and find the way to "shut-off" or at least drastically reduce involvement of supporting muscle groups...

So, in this exercise I would move his elevated foot in any direction I choose (anticipating direction of elevated foot would make this exercise easier...so I would never tell him where am I pulling his foot - far back...in front or either side...) - making him guess ...and perform each rep exactly as I say - slow on the way down, complete pause on the rock bottom position and than - using no momentum whatsoever or any power to get up...He would raise his body only as a consequence of super strong/maximal contraction of either ONE or  more muscle groups - as I call it...or command.

Try it - and you'll see how difficult this exercise could be...(if you have asshole coach - like Hide does - who gives a flying fork if he is tired, wasted, depleted, or whatever else "I don't care to consider" type of excuse...or explanation many people would have in same situation...

Now, this was "finish" of the almost two hour GIANT SETS workout for legs...and Hide did 3 sets of ten reps with each leg - alternating after 10 reps - without any break in between...

Pics are not great but hopefully you'll get the picture...

asianmyth

• Getbig II
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2009, 09:12:45 PM »
seems fucking hard :o

trust me its point less effort.he is making poor guy suffer just to prove how damn good coach he is.i bet with lot less effort same results could be produced.
Olympia is next week he should not be even training legs.what he is trying to do build new muscles in a week or try to burn fat with anaerobic training either way its foolish.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2009, 10:20:09 PM »
trust me its point less effort.he is making poor guy suffer just to prove how damn good coach he is.i bet with lot less effort same results could be produced.
Olympia is next week he should not be even training legs.what he is trying to do build new muscles in a week or try to burn fat with anaerobic training either way its foolish.

I was thinking the same thing.  If the muscle isn't there by now, it's not going to come within the week prior to the contest.  All the hard work should be done by now, with it just being a matter of dialing things in.  

asianmyth

• Getbig II
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2009, 08:51:05 AM »
I was thinking the same thing.  If the muscle isn't there by now, it's not going to come within the week prior to the contest.  All the hard work should be done by now, with it just being a matter of dialing things in.  

exectly.