Author Topic: Ga. Supt. Under Fire for Not Airing Obama Speech  (Read 623 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Ga. Supt. Under Fire for Not Airing Obama Speech
« on: September 16, 2009, 11:02:27 AM »
More people playing the race card.  This is getting old. 

Ga. Supt. Under Fire for Not Airing Obama Speech

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:01 PM

By: Jim Meyers 

An official with an African-American association has called for the resignation of a white school superintendent who declined to air President Barack Obama's speech on education during school hours.

The Rev. Floyd Rose, president of the Valdosta/Lowndes County (Ga.) Chapter of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, spoke at a Valdosta Board of Education meeting on Monday. He chastised Superintendent Bill Cason for not allowing students in the predominantly black school system to watch Obama's Sept. 8 speech.

“Here is what I know, here is what you know, here is what the hundreds of people here and out in the street know,” Rose told the gathering, which included many parents.

“If Dr. Cason were black and 80 percent of the school children in his district were white, and he arbitrarily decided not to allow white children to watch a white president’s ‘back to school’ speech, and whites came here tonight in the numbers that blacks have come to protest, he would resign, or be fired. And we are here to demand no less.”

Cason said he did not air the speech because "it did not align with the Georgia Performance Standards that are the basis for the school lessons plans and...would cut into instructional time," The Valdosta Daily Times reported.

When Cason pointed out that a number of other school systems in the area also did not air the speech live, someone in the audience shouted: "Those schools are not 80 percent black."

Cason told the crowd: "I am not a racist. And I am not a person that does not put children first."

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/georgia_obama_speech/2009/09/16/260807.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Ga. Supt. Under Fire for Not Airing Obama Speech
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 11:07:17 AM »
More people playing the race card.  This is getting old. 

Drudge's headline for 2 straight days has been race-based and very divisive.  MSNBC's news today is all about race.

Such a headache issue. move on and focus on stuff that matters people.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 11:48:38 AM »
Drudge's headline for 2 straight days has been race-based and very divisive.  MSNBC's news today is all about race.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 01:04:37 PM »

Well Maxine Waters just called for the media to investigate the protestors at the ralles this weekend and find out their racial views.So,its an ex-president and blacks in congress pushing it.I thought Obamas was post racial and would end all racial division.Sems worse then ever,just like the economy.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 02:13:39 PM »
I think the Dems will finally be found out for the elite pieces of race baiting shit that they are. Dowd...Carter...and the rest are worthless.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 02:19:26 PM »
I think the Dems will finally be found out for the elite pieces of race baiting shit that they are. Dowd...Carter...and the rest are worthless.

Van jones was the first to fall.

ACORN is the second to fall. 

SEIU will be next. 

One by one all these criminal enterprises used by the left to commit vote fraud, tax fraud, etc will fall.   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 02:27:49 PM »
Barry Obama..might actually turn out to be a wonderful thing..he might destroy the libs once and for all. Run for the hills douchbags..oh wait u can't hunt, cook or clean an animal..ur all fucked. I guess u can cling to ur starbucks and Prius's.
L

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 02:35:22 PM »
Barry Obama..might actually turn out to be a wonderful thing..he might destroy the libs once and for all. Run for the hills douchbags..oh wait u can't hunt, cook or clean an animal..ur all fucked. I guess u can cling to ur starbucks and Prius's.

Im a liberial and im sure i would give you all you can handle...so is my force recon brother...he is also a lib and would more than likley stomp a mudhole in your ass...dont come at peoples manhood like that. tha fuck is wrong with you

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 02:38:39 PM »
Yeah......I'm sure ur brother is a flaming lib.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 02:39:53 PM »
According to Jimmy Carter’s libel against opponents of Barack Obama, “an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is black man.” This reminds us once again of what a pathetic and mean-spirited figure Mr. Carter has become. But it is also evidence of how unhinged and desperate many liberals and some within the Democratic party are becoming. The hatred and fury that consumed them during the Bush years is returning with a vengeance. It turns out that the cause of their derangement during the Bush years may not have been Bush after all; he may simply have been the object of their crazed attacks.

It’s fascinating to watch how furious liberals have become despite Obama’s being president and Democrats’ controlling the Senate and the House by wide margins. This period should be—they expected it to be—years of milk and honey for them. But events and reality have intervened. They see the Anointed One, Barack Obama—their “sort of God”—failing. He is not only a mere mortal but also a deeply flawed one.

They see support for Obama’s effort to nationalize our health-care system collapsing. They see the American people rising up against his brand of liberalism. They see Republicans with all the intensity on their side. They see GOP candidates leading in the New Jersey and Virginia gubernatorial races. They see the popularity of their majority leader, Harry Reid, cratering. They see the Republican party drawing almost even with Democrats on issues like health care—and surging ahead of Democrats on many other issues. They see a dangerous loss of support for Obama among independents and the elderly. They see, in short, what the respected political analyst Charlie Cook sees:

The president’s ratings plummet; his party loses its advantage on the generic congressional ballot test; the intensity of opposition-party voters skyrockets; his own party’s voters become complacent or even depressed; and independent voters move lopsidedly away. These were the early-warning signs of past wave elections. Seeing them now should terrify Democrats.

Many liberals simply cannot process this new data, this horrible turn of events. What we are seeing is the equivalent of a computer crash. As a result, they are returning to what has become for some liberals an emotional and psychological norm: anger and fury, overheated and reckless charges, bitterness and pettiness. It is embodied in people like Frank Rich and Keith Olbermann and Joe Klein, but some version of this affliction extends to many others.

We’re only eight months into the Age of Obama—the period in which he promised to unite our divided country, heal our wounds, and bind up our divisions—and Obama’s critics are now routinely labeled as unpatriotic, racists, liars, mobsters, evil mongers, practitioners of un-American tactics, and more. As Obama’s failures mount up, it will only get worse. The volume will only get louder. And the charges will only get more desperate and incendiary.

It will be an ugly and sad thing to witness. Nervous breakdowns often are
L

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 02:40:57 PM »
Yeah......I'm sure ur brother is a flaming lib.

lib dont = homo...
he drinks like hell (and never gets fat) been in recon since 99...but he still voted obama...and not for race

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 02:44:11 PM »
Good...he can hunt for u and clean ur deer.  ;D...u can make the Starbucks.
L

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 02:52:26 PM »
Good...he can hunt for u and clean ur deer.  ;D...u can make the Starbucks.

Ill use my new P99 quick action...yeah baby...