Author Topic: UFC 103 vs Mayweather/Marquez  (Read 3131 times)

UGMT

• Getbig II
  • Fortune favors the bold...
UFC 103 vs Mayweather/Marquez
« on: September 17, 2009, 06:51:59 AM »
I have to admit I almost always order the UFC ppvs and very rarely these days will I pay for a Boxing PPV unless it's a real superfight or stacked card. I'm wondering; whose ordering what, if anything this Saturday? I'm still torn between the two.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Re: UFC 103 vs Mayweather/Marquez
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 08:41:08 AM »
I'm buying the mayweather/JMM fight. Nice after a full day of college football.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 09:26:48 AM »
Off topic and I dont know if someone else posted about this--- Did anyone watch Marquez drink his own piss on Meywether Marquez 24/7?

Geezus christ-- that is one determined mofo, although it seems like there are better beverages he could drink to recover. I think someone else posted that Machida does the same thing?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 10:04:38 AM »
Off topic and I dont know if someone else posted about this--- Did anyone watch Marquez drink his own piss on Meywether Marquez 24/7?

Geezus christ-- that is one determined mofo, although it seems like there are better beverages he could drink to recover. I think someone else posted that Machida does the same thing?

Alot of fighters are know for Urine Therapy, Machida,Marquez, Luke Cummo (he's been doin it for years), and even Vitali Klitschko (although he uses it differently, and it's not his own piss, apparenlty he rubs his infant sons urine on his face to strengthen his skin, wierd)
Predictions
 40/61

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 10:05:44 AM »
I'm watching Mayweather/Marquez and I'm catchin the free UFC 103 prelim fights on spike.  The rest I'll find on the net tommorrow.
Predictions
 40/61

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 10:14:51 AM »
You couldn't pay me to watch the Mayweather fight.  UFC without hesitation.  Why anyone would want to watch 12 rounds of Mayther's antics is beyond me.
w

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 10:15:29 AM »

yeah saw that. It won't kill him but I've never heard of any claims or benefits internally by this. Externally, I was told morning first am urine is good for acne cases (toxins) and for feet...but internal enrichment...nope.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 10:27:53 AM »
Why anyone would want to watch 12 rounds of Mayther's antics is beyond me.

He may not appeal to the blood and guts fans.....but there are some of us who appreciate his skill set. He's mastered that style of fighting, and I would consider him a master boxer indeed. Not a fan, but his skill set is tremendous.

I don't see them as antics. I see razor sharp punches, rolling of the shoulders, slips, pull counters, jabs, body work, movement...the total package when it comes to "boxing"...and again......I'm not even a fan of the guy but he is top of the line when it comes to pure boxing. 

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 11:29:47 AM »
He may not appeal to the blood and guts fans.....but there are some of us who appreciate his skill set. He's mastered that style of fighting, and I would consider him a master boxer indeed. Not a fan, but his skill set is tremendous.

I don't see them as antics. I see razor sharp punches, rolling of the shoulders, slips, pull counters, jabs, body work, movement...the total package when it comes to "boxing"...and again......I'm not even a fan of the guy but he is top of the line when it comes to pure boxing. 

Talented as he may be, I don't find his boxing style entertaining.  What appeals to me, is what would work in a real world fight where there are no score cards and you can't win by "points". 
w

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 01:13:41 PM »
Talented as he may be, I don't find his boxing style entertaining.  What appeals to me, is what would work in a real world fight where there are no score cards and you can't win by "points". 

Finding it entertaining is one thing...alot of people don't like boxing, but to think knowing how to box wouldn't benefit in a "real world situation" in some way or fashion is not ideal. not looking for points then....one left hook to the body and the foe is shutting down 10/10 real world.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 01:25:43 PM »
People can argue about this all day, alot of people are buying this card in support of Marquez as well.  His style of boxing not a cowardly one like Mayweathers.  He's not afraid to mix it up, and when he smells blood he can finish with the best of them.  Although I think his chances aren't that great against Mayweather, I am curious to see how his style matches up against Floyd's.  Dana is giving people a chance to pay $45.00 for an injury riddled card that should have been free on Spike, not just the 2 prelims.  There is no title fights and none of the fights even have title implications.  They are giving alot of those tickets away all over Dallas and the Dallas area, (which says something because most of the recent UFC's were sellouts almost immediately).  I can confidently say the PPV buys beteween these two events will either be neck and neck, or the boxing will come out on top.  
Predictions
 40/61

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 01:35:50 PM »
I'm going with Mayweather/Marquez

Juarez/John II and  Katsidis/Esobedo should be a good fights also

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 01:37:37 PM »
I'm going with Mayweather/Marquez

Jaurez/John II should be a good fight also

Did they do away with Zab afterall, I haven't heard anything?
Predictions
 40/61

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 01:39:23 PM »
Did they do away with Zab afterall, I haven't heard anything?

don't think it's listed on Boxrec...

fuck Zab anyways...personally he'll never be a reason to buy a PPV

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 01:43:41 PM »
don't think it's listed on Boxrec...

fuck Zab anyways...personally he'll never be a reason to buy a PPV

I was just curious because he was supposed to fight Ricky Hattons little bro, would have been funny to see.
Predictions
 40/61

UGMT

• Getbig II
  • Fortune favors the bold...
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 01:53:05 PM »
The whole thing is for me, like K-1 said is that Mayweather is just a great boxer, pure and simple. I'm a huge Marquez fan and he is very courageous but I don't think he's gonna have much for PBF.  Chris John is on there too and he's as good a counterpuncher as probably anyone,ever. So there's two amazingly skilled guys on there that if your a FAN of boxing, it just doesn't get any better too watch. Maybe if the UFC had a better main event it would be a different story, but I really don't care for Rich Franklin at all and quite frankly I think Dos Santos v Cro Cop is the more interesting fight.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 03:12:28 PM »
Finding it entertaining is one thing...alot of people don't like boxing, but to think knowing how to box wouldn't benefit in a "real world situation" in some way or fashion is not ideal. not looking for points then....one left hook to the body and the foe is shutting down 10/10 real world.

No one is disputing that boxing is a hugely valuable skill to have.  But, if you're a pure boxer like Mayweather, and you run into a well rounded mixed martial artist like Ken Flo or BJ for a street fight, I'm willing to bet my left nut that Mayweather would be tapping in under 5 minutes. 
w

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 04:18:51 PM »
MMA has score cards and fighters win on points all the time, and no one is debating that a well rounded mixed martial artist wouldn't beat a top boxer, and what kind of "real world" situation would involve Floyd Mayweather running into Ken-Flo/Penn on the street and fighting them anyways?  This is about a weak ass MMA card being peddled for $45.00 against one of the better boxing PPV's so far this year.  For what it's worth Ken-Flo has been know to do the same shit Floyd does, Bj Penn even commented on it after their fight, he said something like "I would just flinch my fingers and he would run away like 10 feet".  He did it against Roger Huerta too, that shit is cowardess on the same level, and it's not entertaining.
Predictions
 40/61

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 08:36:50 PM »
Agreed.

For me though, I was raised on boxing from the time I was 5 years old. My pops would occasionally put on UFC but my mother wouldnt let me watch ( this was back when there were no rules). So I grew up watching Sugar Ray Leonard, Tyson, Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, Julio Ceasar Chavez, Macho Camacho, Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins and all the great boxers of the late 80's- late 90's. Hate him or not, Floyd is one of the greatest of all time and he is fighting a very tough, very respectible opponent in Marquez. I love watching MMA- But there really is nothing like a really great boxing match.

Unless it was Fedor/ Lesnar or Machida/ Silva or some other dreamcard, theres no way I'd miss this fight.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 08:40:47 PM »
and even Vitali Klitschko (although he uses it differently, and it's not his own piss, apparenlty he rubs his infant sons urine on his face to strengthen his skin, wierd)

do you have a link. I'm a huge fan of the Klitschko's and have never heard this before  :o  :D

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 08:41:36 PM »
I'm buying the mayweather/JMM fight. Nice after a full day of college football.

I want  JMMto spit his pee filled mouthpiece out at Mayweather's face!!!
((-::

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 02:54:54 AM »
ANd Mindspin i bet if you fucked with Mayweather youd be on your back out cold within 5 seconds

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 08:54:36 AM »
do you have a link. I'm a huge fan of the Klitschko's and have never heard this before  :o  :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3642788

Not the one I originally read, but he talks about it here.
Predictions
 40/61

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 09:00:19 AM »

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 09:41:28 AM »
ANd Mindspin i bet if you fucked with Mayweather youd be on your back out cold within 5 seconds

What does that have to do with anything ???
w