Author Topic: HURL1972!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4728 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
HURL1972!!!!!!!!!!
« on: September 18, 2009, 11:34:16 AM »
Hahaha what's up man? Seen any horror movies lately?

If you haven't seen it, watch "Drag me to hell" - it's not too shabby. "The haunting in Connecticut" was OK too, although the ending was a bit lame.

Purge_WTF

Re: HURL1972!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 06:42:21 PM »
  DMTH sucked. Have a nice day.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 07:08:30 PM »
  DMTH sucked. Have a nice day.

Haha it's not a "serious" horror movie, but I thought it was hilarious at times and quite entertaining. Better than all the Evil Dead sequels IMO (not the first one, though).

What are some of your favorite horror flicks?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 09:03:07 PM »
Audition
Ichi the Killer
Visitor Q

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 09:14:18 PM »
Audition
Ichi the Killer
Visitor Q

I wouldn't call any of those horrors - they are just gory / extreme - typical Takashi Miike.
Audition was so so
Ichi the Killer was good
Vistor Q = :-X

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 09:25:12 PM »
I wouldn't call any of those horrors - they are just gory / extreme - typical Takashi Miike.
Audition was so so
Ichi the Killer was good
Vistor Q = :-X
no, they don't have the monster/supernatural element or scare typical of classic horror but I guess it's still classified as horror.  Same as Hostel, but you'll find a copy in the horror section everytime.  Vistor Q, just a fun movie to sit around and watch with the family ;D 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 09:54:13 PM »
how about Martyrs, I thought that was good.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 11:41:37 PM »
Hahaha what's up man? Seen any horror movies lately?

If you haven't seen it, watch "Drag me to hell" - it's not too shabby. "The haunting in Connecticut" was OK too, although the ending was a bit lame.

Hurl Garbaldo 1972.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 11:42:34 PM »
Vistor Q, just a fun movie to sit around and watch with the family ;D 

Yeah, esp. if you have the kind of family the movie revolves around, lol

how about Martyrs, I thought that was good.

I just looked that up on IMDB - looks similar to "I spit on your grave" and "Baise Moi". Will check it out.

I liked The Brøken up to a certain point, but not the ending so much.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 11:43:41 PM »
Hurl Garbaldo 1972.

You like horror movies, DF? What are some of your favorites?

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 11:49:56 PM »
have you seen Last house on the left Kiwi?  I never saw the old version but the new one was cool.  Not too many horror movies that scare me.  I guess I have to go the blood bath route like evil dead was really cool.  Is Drag me to Hell pretty gory? 

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 11:55:20 PM »
have you seen Last house on the left Kiwi?  I never saw the old version but the new one was cool.  Not too many horror movies that scare me.  I guess I have to go the blood bath route like evil dead was really cool.  Is Drag me to Hell pretty gory? 

Yeah, it was alright. I too haven't seen the old version.

Drag me to Hell wasn't gory, but it had a lot of jumpy moments and was pretty entertaining from start to finish. I won't say it is scary / creepy in the way "The Ring" or "The others" was, but it's definitely worth a watch - it's a mix of horror and dark comedy of the kind you can expect from Sam Raimi.

I saw "Infestation" earlier today, which was surprisingly good for a low budget flick.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 11:57:45 PM »
You like horror movies, DF? What are some of your favorites?

Not much of a fan at all, never got frightened by them. Never gotten frightened by any movie or series after the age of 8 or something. Not even a tint of teh scared. Must be the retardism :-X

Pretty lame being at the cinema where people are frightened just being bored and eating snacks.

Debussey did laugh during a point in Anti christ where you should not laugh (if you have some decency 8) )at the cinema. That was interesting ;D

That being said, the old movie "Bad Taste" is teh funny and some of the lame horror comedies have some entertainment value due to the goofy humor 8) Evil Dead comes to mind.

How about you?

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 12:02:39 AM »
Yeah, it was alright. I haven't seen the old version either.

Drag me to Hell wasn't gory, but it had a lot of jumpy moments and was pretty entertaining from start to finish. I won't say it is scary / creepy in the way "The Ring" or "The others" was, but it's definitely worth a watch - it's a mix of horror and dark comedy of the kind you can expect from Sam Raimi.

I saw "Infestation" earlier today, which was surprisingly good for a low budget flick.

Drag me to hell was actually very funny ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 12:04:56 AM »
Not much of a fan at all, never got frightened by them. Never gotten frightened by any movie or series after the age of 8 or something. Not even a tint of teh scared. Must be the retardism :-X

Pretty lame being at the cinema where people are frightened just being bored and eating snacks.

Debussey did laugh during a point in Anti christ where you should not laugh (if you have some decency 8) )at the cinema. That was interesting ;D

That being said, the old movie "Bad Taste" is teh funny and some of the lame horror comedies have some entertainment value due to the goofy humor 8) Evil Dead comes to mind.

How about you?

I used to be scared shitless of them when I was very young, but not now, of course. But I love watching horror flicks - next to sci-fi and drama, I like like it more than comedy or action.

I especially like the Alien series, "The Ring", "The descent", "The exorcism of Emily Rose", "The exorcist", "Evil dead", "The others", "Drag me to hell", "Event horizon" and others.

Also love zombie flicks, esp. the "Resident evil" series, 28 days / weeks later and "Dawn of the dead"

Purge_WTF

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 12:06:59 AM »
  My two faves are Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer and The Shining.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 12:09:33 AM »
I used to be scared shitless of them when I was very young, but not now, of course. But I love watching horror flicks - next to sci-fi and drama, I like like it more than comedy or action.

I especially like the Alien series, "The Ring", "The descent", "The exorcism of Emily Rose", "The exorcist", "Evil dead", "The others", "Drag me to hell", "Event horizon" and others.

Also love zombie flicks, esp. the "Resident evil" series and "Dawn of the dead"

:D

What are some of your other favorite movies? (different generes). What kind of comedy movies do you fancy?

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 12:11:00 AM »

yeah good old Henry fucked up some bitches

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 12:14:11 AM »

Haven't seen the first, but excellent choice on the second.

:D

What are some of your other favorite movies? (different generes). What kind of comedy movies do you fancy?

I don't really watch much comedy - maybe once in a blue moon. I mostly watch sci-fi and drama, and the occasional action movie. Too many to name.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 12:17:52 AM »
Haven't seen the first, but excellent choice on the second.

I don't really watch much comedy - maybe once in a blue moon. I mostly watch sci-fi and drama, and the occasional action movie. Too many to name.

Got any tips for good sci-fi flicks?

Debussey = big fan of really really lame comedy movies, like the most primitive ones. Austin Powers Goldmember had Debussey rolling on the floor in laughter cramps ;D

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 12:21:38 AM »

Debussey = big fan of really really lame comedy movies, like the most primitive ones. Austin Powers Goldmember had Debussey rolling on the floor in laughter cramps ;D

You would like Going Bezerk it is a comedy from 1983 with John Candy and Eugene Levy.  Very corny but funny as hell.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2009, 12:25:03 AM »
You would like Going Bezerk it is a comedy from 1983 with John Candy and Eugene Levy.  Very corny but funny as hell.

Will check it out 8)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2009, 12:25:13 AM »

Depends on what you like. I like superheros, so nearly everything based on Marvel comics (like X Men, Hulk, Ironman etc) as well as Superman, Batman etc. Love The Matrix series, Resident evil series, Terminator series and Alien series, as well as big budget flicks with special effects, like Independence day, I Robot, Artificial intelligence, The island, The mist, Deep impact, The day after tomorrow, I am legend etc - I'm like a pig that will eat up anything, lol.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2009, 12:27:08 AM »
Depends on what you like. I like superheros, so nearly everything based on Marvel comics (like X Men, Hulk, Ironman etc) as well as Superman, Batman etc. Love The Matrix series, Resident evil series, Terminator series and Alien series, as well as big budget flicks with special effects, like Independence day, I Robot, Artificial intelligence, The island, The mist, Deep impact, The day after tomorrow, I am legend etc - I'm like a pig that will eat up anything, lol.

Very cool. Seen most of those. John Williams score for Artificial intelligence is mind boggling :'(

Don't forget The 5th element. Leloo Dallas multipass.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2009, 12:32:02 AM »

Very cool. Seen most of those. John Williams score for Artificial intelligence is mind boggling :'(

Don't forget The 5th element. Leloo Dallas multipass.

Haha yeah, that was a good flick. Also Dune, Pitch Black, Cube, The core, District 9, Knowing, Mimic, Sunshine, Tron etc were all great.