Author Topic: Semi serious question and confession  (Read 2974 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Semi serious question and confession
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2009, 06:44:20 AM »
Looks like you're still thickly muscled.  You're pretty covered up in that pic but 18-22 (or less  :) )week diet from the looks of your pic and you're stage ready :D

You pegged me pretty well there. At 50 now, for the goals I want to achieve, I don't need any more mass overall.
Sure it would be nice , but the biggest issue I have now holding me back is DIET and BF %.
I look big in a gym shirt and shorts, but look way too smooth and fat stripped down now.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2009, 06:45:52 AM »
Don Youngblood

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2009, 06:46:33 AM »
Howard I believe you can do it again.  You seem like a smart, straight-forward guy that loves beer, football and vagina.  I have confidence you'll fulfill your desire to once again put on a pair of stage panties and hit oily, muscle poses in front of a local crowd of screaming homosexer juiceboxes.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2009, 06:51:01 AM »
Howard I believe you can do it again.  You seem like a smart, straight-forward guy that loves beer, football and vagina.  I have confidence you'll fulfill your desire to once again put on a pair of stage panties and hit oily, muscle poses in front of a local crowd of screaming homosexer juiceboxes.
That is funny as hell. I swear I cracked up for a good 30 sec.
Belive it or not my big psych to compete is all about stripping down back stage and pumping up for the prejudging.
Then you first walk out on stage as a group. If you are ripped and ready, it feels great.
Sure,everyone ( me included) wants to win or place high,but contest results are NOT what drives me.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2009, 06:53:10 AM »
Don't know what you drive Howard but if you've got the room - invest in a big fridge & small microwave... unless you've got access to those through the day already.  

I love mine.  As long as I make food ahead of time the drive thru never happens.  Well, almost never.  Never more than 3x a week.  5 at most. ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2009, 07:54:28 AM »
Don't know what you drive Howard but if you've got the room - invest in a big fridge & small microwave... unless you've got access to those through the day already.  

I love mine.  As long as I make food ahead of time the drive thru never happens.  Well, almost never.  Never more than 3x a week.  5 at most. ;D
I have a microwave and mini fridge in the lab store room next to my classroom ( I teach physics)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2009, 08:09:59 AM »
I have a microwave and mini fridge in the lab store room next to my classroom ( I teach physics)

Howard you're running out of excuses!

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2009, 08:16:11 AM »
Thanks for bringing up Big Nation Radio. Our LIVE Olympia coverage and simulcast airs next week!
BigNationRadio.com

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2009, 08:20:51 AM »
Thanks for bringing up Big Nation Radio. Our LIVE Olympia coverage and simulcast airs next week!
Cool, I will be listening. Hey do I ever get another shot at an interview by BNR? Or do you fear the system will crash when trying to process by ramblings

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2009, 08:38:46 AM »

Big Nation Radio is by far the best net show around.  Spec Ed--if you need me to do a commerical for you just let me know.

aglifter

• Getbig III
  • Conan! What is best in life?
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2009, 08:57:48 AM »
Just ask Dave Palumbo:  He says take 12.5 mcg every day and eat less than 50 grams carbs  heh heh

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2009, 10:04:24 AM »
Do you really want to cycle a cocktail of drugs again at 50 years old?  Do you want to risk heart disease and an enlarged prostate because you want to pose oiled up in a speedo?  If you were up there natural I could see it but at 50 could you stand next to a 30 year old who is juiced up?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2009, 10:08:25 AM »
Do you really want to cycle a cocktail of drugs again at 50 years old?  Do you want to risk heart disease and an enlarged prostate because you want to pose oiled up in a speedo?  If you were up there natural I could see it but at 50 could you stand next to a 30 year old who is juiced up?

various shows have masters classes where you are only compared to those in your age range.  and a mild cycle will not kill you.  besides, according to chic its only the finishing touch so howard prob won't need to do a cycle at all.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2009, 10:12:20 AM »
At Howie's age, it's not 'Juicing' -- it's 'Hormone Replacement Therapy'. And it's not a 'Speedo' -- it's a modified Depends-reinforced Posing Brief. And it's not 'Oiled-up' -- it's Ben-Gay. HTH!
BigNationRadio.com

Alex23

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2009, 10:16:11 AM »
to be serious, i find that making meals the night before and bringing them with you helps. You have no excuse to eat fast food or what not.

Outed.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2009, 03:00:44 PM »
At Howie's age, it's not 'Juicing' -- it's 'Hormone Replacement Therapy'. And it's not a 'Speedo' -- it's a modified Depends-reinforced Posing Brief. And it's not 'Oiled-up' -- it's Ben-Gay. HTH!

LOL those are classic bro.

The truth is that I really don't have the lasting motivation to do what is needed to compete again. I spent a lot of years as a serious bodybuilder , so it is part of who I am. But, to be candid, I have drifted away from real BB culture over the past years. These days, I go back and forth with BB and get bored  with it every few days.
I enjoy going to hockey games ( got my NHL ATL Thrashers season tickets baby, 4th row!).
NOTHING is holding me back from doing a contest again, but myself. I just don't want to be locked into the rigid contest prep diet and regime for weeks on end at this pt in my life. There are just too many other things I want to spend my time, $$$ and energy on. I will always enjoy BB and going to the gym, contests, etc. My involvment now is a lot more fun based and casual.