Author Topic: Team Universe: Ron Harris pic - he competed!  (Read 6747 times)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
Re: A pic from Ron Harris T/U
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2009, 11:02:38 PM »
After looking at the pics.I am sorry, but that is not a leg of a drug free bodybuilder.No way!!!!! .That is a leg of a person who has genetically thick legs, who is using androgens.The pic of the guy below, is Glen.Her is a lifetime natural, who was a WNBF Pro.He is clearly off that this show, but his legs dont nealry as full, and as big as Rons.When I was natural, I competed at 216-218lbs lbs, and my legs werent as big, and as developed as Ron Harris's.I outweighed him by 40lbs on stage.

Bro this goofy bastard likes to claim natural or min/juice because he knows that he isn't even close to top notch(state level)...But its also the goofy bastards ego that just can't keep him off the stage. Yet throwing 3 to 5 grams of mostly bunk gear in his system...Titus called this guy out a long time ago and that should have been the end of that...He's a goofy dude who is desperately trying to stay(become) relevant...So he competes every once in awhile so later on in life he can post pictures of himself(claiming natural status of course) knowing that most people are going to say "wow bro, just imagine if you took what the rest of them took"...All the while this guy is knee deep in what ever Oil can Greg throws his way(which of course is mostly bunk--but far from "Natural")...

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2009, 12:31:05 AM »
IMO once a guy has done a heavy cycle or two even if it was years back and he now claims "drug free" He will still have quite an unfair advantage over guys who never have used...it no doubt helps them break through Natural strength plateaus (both physically and mentally) stretches muscle sheaths, veins and capillaries, muscle fibers beyond natural limits etc. some of this permanently.

Light weight winner from the TU  ::)
BOOM!  :-X

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2009, 12:37:32 AM »

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2009, 01:00:14 AM »
After looking at the pics.I am sorry, but that is not a leg of a drug free bodybuilder.No way!!!!! .That is a leg of a person who has genetically thick legs, who is using androgens.The pic of the guy below, is Glen.Her is a lifetime natural, who was a WNBF Pro.He is clearly off that this show, but his legs dont nealry as full, and as big as Rons.When I was natural, I competed at 216-218lbs lbs, and my legs werent as big, and as developed as Ron Harris's.I outweighed him by 40lbs on stage.

His quads are 'a gift from nature/god', pity his upper body couldn't be copied from Joel Stubbs?

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2009, 01:26:36 AM »
BOOM BOOM BOOM???

Look at that gyno! LOOK AT IT! :o

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
Re: Team Universe: Ron Harris pic - he competed!
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2009, 01:43:28 AM »
no one in team universe is natural or clean ,,all on hormones,,including ron harris who is on very good doses always been always will be ,,bad genetics,,average to sub average which is not enough for top,,over all good bodybuilder just not top material ,,not every one can be top but every one can be a bodybuilder,,,some are lower levels some are upper,,he def look million times better than the average guy in the street ,,but juice is going and has been going in that body for many many years

gh15 approved
fallen angel

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2009, 03:13:50 AM »
Ron looks great!!!

I`ve done a few shows with him and he`s always in contention for the top 5 often placing much higher or winning his class.

He admits to former drug use but is now clean according to him.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2009, 03:22:18 AM »
Ron looks great!!!

I`ve done a few shows with him and he`s always in contention for the top 5 often placing much higher or winning his class.

I agree with Wes. I think the guy looks great. Of course he's not pro material but to call him horrible? If you don't count his face I think he can hang with the best of them at that level.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2009, 03:29:00 AM »
I agree with Wes. I think the guy looks great. Of course he's not pro material but to call him horrible? If you don't count his face I think he can hang with the best of them at that level.

LMFAO

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2009, 03:36:16 AM »
Ron looks great!!!

Can you post the pictures of that friend of yours from Mass(and Mayhem) with the arms full of grease/or implants or some shit...He's like a middle weight or light heavy with 24 inch arms...Those pictures are fucking gold...I hear he's even a really nice guy...Just totally delusional...Works out at Powerhouse in MMass I believe...Forgot his name...Too bad he didn't have a sense of humor because his character would have been gold over here...

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2009, 05:25:07 AM »
Can you post the pictures of that friend of yours from Mass(and Mayhem) with the arms full of grease/or implants or some shit...He's like a middle weight or light heavy with 24 inch arms...Those pictures are fucking gold...I hear he's even a really nice guy...Just totally delusional...Works out at Powerhouse in MMass I believe...Forgot his name...Too bad he didn't have a sense of humor because his character would have been gold over here...

that guy (Blias?) blaze? had a great physique before he discovered synthol!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2009, 05:43:02 AM »

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2009, 06:28:39 AM »
Ron Harris, is one of the best writers in the industry.Which means he has access to all the top athletes,.Just 6 months ago he trained arms with Dorian Yates,plus he even told me he has trained with at least a 100 other top guys in the sport.
My point is this guy has been training over 20 years, and even admitting to using anabolics.If I looked like that on stage after, training over 20 years, using drugs, and having advice from the best minds in bodybuilding, I would kill myself.
Vince if you were Ron and you could look into the future, and see that you looked like this after 20 years of training would you even pick up a weight? Or would you find another sport.I would find another sport.To make matters worse, Van thinks he might have taken something, which could be possible, because his legs have alot of mass for a natural.A real natural bodybuilder, doesn't have big legs, and small arms.The legs are the first thing to go from all the cardio you have to do to get lean

I'm actually in the same position and the fact is that I didn't lift weights for bodybuilding, I lifted weights so I would be tough enough to handle my work duties as a corrections officer and security work.  But honestly, I still would have lifted weights simply because I don't want to look like a skinny twig like Billy Guns or a rolly polly fat kid like Pumpster. 

I have a decent business in the fitness industry where I can help others out and it gives me the freedom to do other things.  I'm no longer working 70 hours a week at Alltel for 4 years and American Security for 9 years (did like that job though, never a dull moment). 

Life is too short to work all the time and because I picked up the weights, I'm able to enjoy it more.   
A

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2009, 06:30:23 AM »
I'm actually in the same position and the fact is that I didn't lift weights for bodybuilding, I lifted weights so I would be tough enough to handle my work duties as a corrections officer and security work.  But honestly, I still would have lifted weights simply because I don't want to look like a skinny twig like Billy Guns or a rolly polly fat kid like Pumpster. 

I have a decent business in the fitness industry where I can help others out and it gives me the freedom to do other things.  I'm no longer working 70 hours a week at Alltel for 4 years and American Security for 9 years (did like that job though, never a dull moment). 
Life is too short to work all the time and because I picked up the weights, I'm able to enjoy it more.   

In all seriousness, good for you Vince.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2009, 08:34:45 AM »

Tim called the guy a moron at first, until he found out he was a poster on mayhem. Then he started deleting everything negative about the guy.  :D

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2009, 08:37:27 AM »
not great genetics, but he does okay

kinda looks like Musclecenter's physique in the MM

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2009, 08:59:36 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2009, 09:50:09 AM »
Tim called the guy a moron at first, until he found out he was a poster on mayhem. Then he started deleting everything negative about the guy.  :D
I did,and still do think his arms look ridiculous,but Matt C. came into the thread which was a positive thread about the upcoming New England contest and just wouldn`t back down on the comments about Gerry no matter which other direction the thread was headed in.

I have since met Gerry in person at a few contests and he is a helluva` nice guy................also,I still think his arms are crazy looking,but he`s comfortable with it so it affects me not.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2009, 09:52:36 AM »
Ron - looks great but the very definition of a tit... good for him...

Blaze - arms might come in handy when his car runs out of oil... given he can afford one...

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2009, 10:21:30 AM »
Ron Harris, looked terrible, except his legs.He has a upper body of a light weight, and legs of a heavyweight.I  think at Team Universe, 50% of the guys are natural, after looking at the pics.If you look at Eric Seng, and Jaes Bivens, they obviously went natural for this show, thats why they looked stringy and awful.
I am not bashing Ron as a person, he is a nice guy, and one of the best writers.He doesnt have great genetics, or good shape.Plus his legs lok like someone who is on hormones.Natural guys dont have thick sweeping legs like that trust me

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2009, 10:23:06 AM »
Quite decent physic.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2009, 11:27:45 PM »

F-ing Vince, these last few posts of yours on this thread has totally changed my opinion of you. I rag on you because I'm just piling on. But you show good character. I don't think you're going to be a world champ and why you get up on stage is beyond me but, fvck it. If that's your thing more power to you. What the fvck does GetNYwhatever want Ron to do? Just give up lifting and competing? You've competed GetNY. You know what happens to you when you are preparing for a competition. How you get that heighten sense of awareness. How life takes on a new, almost desperate sense of meaning. That "idea of necessity" that William James talked about. That's when you are most alive. So whether you win or lose it's that experience that can make it worth while.

So get off Ron's ass, GetNY. If he could look into the future and see what he would have looked like, and the person he would be, if he didn't train at all would make him grab that barbell even more so. Maybe you would kill yourself if you are so preoccupied with your looks.

And Vince, you're all right. Get up there and have a blast. We'll still make fun of you, you'll still march on -- and like I told Basile who is so goddamn obsessed with you that, unlike him, at least you're in the gym blasting away day after day. Remember, the training that we do. What we put ourselves through on a daily basis. Is not only just about our bodies. The mental, physical and spiritual toughness that we develop is beyond what most of this soft and pampered culture will ever understand. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2009, 11:33:21 PM »

see i differ here with you.....i honestly think i can bring my legs up (even as old as i am/and training so long)
the difference is  knowledge (do i ever think my legs will be a "strong point"/no) but i have trained them inncorectly (2 heavy/shitty form/not going low enough/deep enough) im going to try (after my broken foot heals lol!)  ass to the floor squats (around the 10 -12 rep range) walking lunges (something i have NEVER done/more isolation movements and giving quads and hams their own seperate days (see what happens right)
if the reason you have a shitty body part is because youve always trained it like a pussy, then itd probably possible to make it grow by training it hard...but if somebody's been trainign for several years and never trained a muscle hard,. they probably never will.

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2009, 11:35:28 PM »

Once every 3 or so years comes a bodybuilder with great arms, In example, Sergio, Arnold, Ronnie, Priest, Chris "big guns" bennet, this guy in the video, and pumpster from this board.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2009, 12:09:41 AM »
I did,and still do think his arms look ridiculous,but Matt C. came into the thread which was a positive thread about the upcoming New England contest and just wouldn`t back down on the comments about Gerry no matter which other direction the thread was headed in.

I have since met Gerry in person at a few contests and he is a helluva` nice guy................also,I still think his arms are crazy looking,but he`s comfortable with it so it affects me not.

Yes, but some people were actually praising the size of his arms.  That kind of ridiculousness has no place in any thread, even one of "camaraderie" which was the purpose of the thread.
Bodybuilding Pro.com