Author Topic: Olympia: This is why Kai will not win the Olympia  (Read 1816 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Olympia: This is why Kai will not win the Olympia
« on: September 21, 2009, 12:51:35 AM »
See this pic (scroll down to second to last one) and you will understand why. I think this was taken off-season...

http://www.admart.asia/en/board.php?action=detail&id=213&lang=en&section_id=9&category_id=179&pn=

You may need to click the link twice to work to get to the actual link.

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: This is why Kai will not win the Olympia
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 12:55:47 AM »
someone already posted this months ago dude...

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 04:44:17 AM »
All I saw was this...

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 04:58:06 AM »
His sexual preference shouldn;t be an issue (do they have to be so f'ing camp though)

Based on his physique alone, he'll never challenge (unless he signs with wieder)....;)

pros -> good width, good legs

cons --> gut, torso too short

He's an Aaron Baker with a gut.....still phenomenal, but so was Ruhl......but phenomenal isnt enough

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 06:40:38 AM »
That's not Kai Greene.  This event was recent he is a whole lot bigger now than the guy in the picture.  He has a close resemblance but its definitely not him.

Good journalism there...... ::)
A

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 06:56:36 AM »
In theory the Mr O should not be political. The problem is though that Mr O competitors are not judged on objective criteria. Take the 100 meter sprint for example. Its easy to measure and define who should win.

The the Mr O on the other hand is a very subjective. Apart from the relatively obvious criteria, size/definition, (and even on these, views are not always consistent, let alone views on what qualifies as "symmetry" and "balance"), the fact of the matter is, I suspect, that marketing and financial issues do play a factor in the sport.

Is body building ready to have a black man as Mr O? Yes (we even have a semi-black President).

Is body building ready to have a non-US citizen as Mr O.? I think yes, (and so Dennis Wolf is in with a chance).

But how would it look for a sport, that already struggles for creadibility and concerns about gays and schmoes in the sport (BayGYM being just once example of many other people out there who view bodybuilding in a gay content? Are the teenage kids that read the magazines and buy all the supplements going to accept a gay as the biggest hero and as the best of their sport?

Don't get me wrong. I would be happy for Kai if he did win. He certainly has worked hard for it. But I think those videos of his previous posing routines and all the other gayish stuff is going to be very prohibitive of this ever happening.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 06:58:00 AM »
Phenom

Phenomenal woman

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 09:45:04 AM »
In theory the Mr O should not be political. The problem is though that Mr O competitors are not judged on objective criteria. Take the 100 meter sprint for example. Its easy to measure and define who should win.

The the Mr O on the other hand is a very subjective. Apart from the relatively obvious criteria, size/definition, (and even on these, views are not always consistent, let alone views on what qualifies as "symmetry" and "balance"), the fact of the matter is, I suspect, that marketing and financial issues do play a factor in the sport.

Is body building ready to have a black man as Mr O? Yes (we even have a semi-black President).

Is body building ready to have a non-US citizen as Mr O.? I think yes, (and so Dennis Wolf is in with a chance).

But how would it look for a sport, that already struggles for creadibility and concerns about gays and schmoes in the sport (BayGYM being just once example of many other people out there who view bodybuilding in a gay content? Are the teenage kids that read the magazines and buy all the supplements going to accept a gay as the biggest hero and as the best of their sport?

Don't get me wrong. I would be happy for Kai if he did win. He certainly has worked hard for it. But I think those videos of his previous posing routines and all the other gayish stuff is going to be very prohibitive of this ever happening.

Gib does have a point.  Eventhough, we shouldn't judge someone by their sexual preference, as a teenager I think I would have been turned off of bodybuilding if the Mr. O was openly gay.  Only because I hadn't matured enough to accept something like that.
You Can't Do It!!!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Olympia: This is why Kai will not win the Olympia
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 10:18:06 AM »

If Kai is the best on that stage, then Kai should win the Olympia.

Simple as that.

This year, it is anyone's guess...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 12:17:51 PM »
He works for MD thats why he wont win.

bigmike99

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 01:19:31 PM »
He works for MD thats why he wont win.

Yes, on the money.  Its a legit contest between Dexter, Jay and Heath. Just like last year
was between Dexter and Jay. The equivalent would be like the IOC paying some athletes to compete
in the Olympics. If the judges want to remain on the good side of the IOC they will of course pick their
guys.