Author Topic: DeBussey what is your favorite guitar for shredding and or bodybuilding?  (Read 7424 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: DeBussey what is your favorite guitar for shredding and or bodybuilding?
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2009, 07:52:40 AM »
lol

what he said.

do you have any kind of official training or self taught?

Guitar playing or listening to gay music...

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2009, 08:52:01 AM »
When I was a kid i took a klass to learn the chords- And thanks :) Once again I must emphacise (spelling?) that its not my kind of music- But its fun to try to jam over something in another genre than usual.

what do you usually play?  Savage Garden or are you more of a Maroon 5 type?
Deep Tissue Massage

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2009, 09:01:41 AM »
The Jackson RR5 is a killer shred guitar. No trem on mine though.

Christian B

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 09:25:12 AM »
what do you usually play?  Savage Garden or are you more of a Maroon 5 type?
Well a friend of mine recently made a flash game- The Soundtrack is some of my music.
Epic face genetics doesn´t allways equals gay music  ;)
http://www.break.com/games/ragdoll-zombie-slayer.html

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2009, 10:30:12 AM »
Notice how this 70s guitarist doesn't look or sound the slightest bit dated. He could walk on stage, today, dressed that way, and not look foolish, as opposed to your 80s musicians.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 11:32:12 AM »
This is a fucking shredder's dream guitar! though I love my ESP's as well ;)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 12:48:35 PM »

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 02:21:53 PM »
This is a fucking shredder's dream guitar! though I love my ESP's as well ;)

Sweet! is that yours?
tank u jesus

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 02:49:29 PM »
Sweet! is that yours?

No, I'm working on it..lol, I have a couple of Jackson dinky's that were about $1000 each, its really hard for me to justify $3000 on a guitar, unless it's a PRS ;)

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009, 03:05:12 PM »
No, I'm working on it..lol, I have a couple of Jackson dinky's that were about $1000 each, its really hard for me to justify $3000 on a guitar, unless it's a PRS ;)

Dinky japan or usa?
they only cost 1800-2200 depending on graphic...which is alot, got mine for 1300 some years back 8)

tank u jesus

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2009, 03:47:08 PM »
Dinky japan or usa?
they only cost 1800-2200 depending on graphic...which is alot, got mine for 1300 some years back 8)

One Japanese one US, though oddly enough I prefer the playability of the Japanese one... most of my collection consists of classic era (89-99) Ibanez' guitars, several RG560's, a RG570, two S540LTD's Sabre's, an RG430
other then that a PRS ce24 and two ESP's.. an M-II (Kirk Hammett looking one) and a MH Custom, a couple of Mexico and US strat's also a yamaha classical but that doesn't really count! ;)

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2009, 03:56:57 PM »
One Japanese one US, though oddly enough I prefer the playability of the Japanese one... most of my collection consists of classic era (89-99) Ibanez' guitars, several RG560's, a RG570, two S540LTD's Sabre's, an RG430
other then that a PRS ce24 and two ESP's.. an M-II (Kirk Hammett looking one) and a MH Custom, a couple of Mexico and US strat's also a yamaha classical but that doesn't really count! ;)

is it an XL? they're known to be as good as usas.
Some Ibanez guitars like RGs look really cool, but i can't stand the single coil in the middle.
PRS are sweet but way to expensive. M-IIs are really nice, especially with maple fretboard. wouldn't mind having one of those.
tank u jesus

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2009, 05:26:22 PM »
i think the kind of guitar doesnt really even matter that much as long as its a quality instrument...i mean you hear about how ibanez/esp are the 'best' for 'shredding', with their jumbo frets and thinner necks..but then you have lots of guys playing at the higest level on old model gibsons, fender strats, etc...

i mean ibanez and those types are certainly proven, lots of freaks like vai and petrucci do wonders with them, but then theres also guys playing just as fast and fluid on fender strats as well like yngwie malmsteen, eric johnson, dave murray of iron maiden, lots of old guys using gibsons like alex lifeson, angus young, etc...glenn tipton uses a fuckin Hamer, and Eddie Van Halen himself used fenders/Peaveys...

i think its basically just a matter of which one you get comfortable enough with. if john petrucci suddenly had to drop his ibanez and start using a fender telecaster, i doubt he would sound any less impressive.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2009, 05:40:01 PM »
Take your pick...

And I was serious about the $99 Strat

The Ibanez JEM with the Fernandes Sustainer is a hot bitch too

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2009, 05:53:01 PM »
i think the kind of guitar doesnt really even matter that much as long as its a quality instrument...i mean you hear about how ibanez/esp are the 'best' for 'shredding', with their jumbo frets and thinner necks..but then you have lots of guys playing at the higest level on old model gibsons, fender strats, etc...

i mean ibanez and those types are certainly proven, lots of freaks like vai and petrucci do wonders with them, but then theres also guys playing just as fast and fluid on fender strats as well like yngwie malmsteen, eric johnson, dave murray of iron maiden, lots of old guys using gibsons like alex lifeson, angus young, etc...glenn tipton uses a fuckin Hamer, and Eddie Van Halen himself used fenders/Peaveys...

i think its basically just a matter of which one you get comfortable enough with. if john petrucci suddenly had to drop his ibanez and start using a fender telecaster, i doubt he would sound any less impressive.

Agreed. For me I range anywhere from my early 80's japanese Squier, to various LPs, along with what are generally considered "shred" guitars.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2009, 06:24:30 PM »
On Swole, you better hurry up and post again. Your post count has a scary number...

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2009, 06:41:07 PM »

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2009, 06:41:52 PM »

On Swole is here. Now this is getting good.  8)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2009, 11:58:19 PM »
I love ESP's myself,  I own a really nice Eclipse,  Black on Black,  Duncan Blackout pickups.  I was thinking something  along the lines of Paul Gilbert's Ibanez.  I like the look of the Fholes.

i have one great guitar
T

heavyNbasic

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2009, 12:41:10 AM »
You could pick up an acoustic and learn to flatpick.  It's a blast once you get the mechanics down.  Nothing sweeter than the sound of steel strings and wood, unplugged. 

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2009, 12:57:27 AM »
Telecasters are a very underrated guitar.  People think of them often as a country guitar, but that has mostly to do with the bakersfield sound which was popularized by Buck Owens in the 60's. Here is a clip of Roy Buchanan owning jimi henrix's version of "hey joe."   

I don't think there's much you CAN'T do on a tele. 

Les Pauls WERE great guitars, but now gibson can't even make the correct neck/headstock angle.  Get a Heritage (guitars made by the original builders and factory of gibson) for far less money, and get a much higher quality guitar.

Strats are great guitars, but often misused by jackasses who want to be hendrix. This guy, rob math, showcases how versatile and amazing a strat can be in the hands of a great guitarist:

PRS's are overpriced piecers, and all those shredder guitars are just lame. 

Gretsches (the older ones) are rad guitars too.  Other guitars that rock are:

Gibson ES-335: huge tones, very dark, mid-range-y, and warm.

Gibson SG:  Because of the light bodies, the sound resonates quickly back into the pickups and creates a very rockin, early breakup/distortion sound.

Rickenbacker 33012:  That classic jangle tone of the beatles, REM, and Tom Petty.  awesome looking and sounding guitars.

Duesenberg guitars are also great. 

11venthhour

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2009, 01:43:12 AM »
ibanez rg550
esp m-II
79 reissue of dean's k guitar

it all really depends on your preference on fret shape, fret size, and type of wood you like (no homo).
then there is sound, if the pickups you have are dull it makes it harder to get into it (again no homo).

go to a guitar store pull every guitar down and play them see what you like, frets, fret boards, pickup, weight, and go home and order it cheaper on line!

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2009, 03:40:27 AM »
You guys are throwing out some great suggestions here.  It's nice to see we have so many players on the board.  My two current guitars are both LP styles so I just want something different.  I don't really care  how versatile the guitar is with the next one,  I just want something that's light, plays fast, has hot pickups, and looks cool.  My epi and ESP are both awesome guitars though.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2009, 03:56:56 AM »
Agreed. For me I range anywhere from my early 80's japanese Squier, to various LPs, along with what are generally considered "shred" guitars.
Wowsers. A rack of Les Pauls!? Not only functional but aesthetically beautiful! Me likey.  :)

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2009, 03:58:11 AM »
Wowsers. A rack of Les Pauls!? Not only functional but aesthetically beautiful! Me likey.  :)

Finally you and Debussey agree on something ;D