Author Topic: Endocrinology  (Read 3063 times)

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
Endocrinology
« on: September 23, 2009, 11:47:28 AM »
Hi all,

I'm gonna see an endocrinologue tomorrow and I was thinking about asking him some questions and write it in paper the answers. So If you guys have some questions for him, I can ask him and tell you the answer tomorrow.

J

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
Re: Endocrinology
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 01:04:50 PM »
nobody have question to ask  ???
J

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 01:15:35 PM »
I don't have any specific questions but I would be interested in what he has to say to you. Just post your conversation after you meet with him.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 01:45:45 PM »
Actually, there's seems to be some debate as to the long term effects of insulin usage by non-diabetics. Perhaps you could get his opinion on what the possible effects are from such a practice..Can regular insulin use cause the pancreas to down regulate it's own production? I'd be interested to hear his opinion on that. Most of the "Bro's" on here seem to think it's perfectly healthy to do.

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 02:51:37 PM »
Actually, there's seems to be some debate as to the long term effects of insulin usage by non-diabetics. Perhaps you could get his opinion on what the possible effects are from such a practice..Can regular insulin use cause the pancreas to down regulate it's own production? I'd be interested to hear his opinion on that. Most of the "Bro's" on here seem to think it's perfectly healthy to do.

OK I'll ask this question very interesting. Anything else ?

A.
J

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 05:06:23 AM »
OK guys I just saw my endocrinologist and he is great. So I ask him about the insulin in bodybuilding and he told me that you cannot become diabetic and you cannot shut down your pancreas. He said that sometimes they even give insulin to reinforce and to stimulate the beta cell in pancreas.

I asked him which insulin is the best to use and he said a fast acting one because it stayed only couple of hours in the system and you can manage well your carbs uptake.

I hope my english is ok if you have any question Im here.
J

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 05:43:26 AM »
OK guys I just saw my endocrinologist and he is great. So I ask him about the insulin in bodybuilding and he told me that you cannot become diabetic and you cannot shut down your pancreas. He said that sometimes they even give insulin to reinforce and to stimulate the beta cell in pancreas.

I asked him which insulin is the best to use and he said a fast acting one because it stayed only couple of hours in the system and you can manage well your carbs uptake.

Thanks Jay. I think a lot of people on here will find that interesting. Appreciate it.

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 05:48:13 AM »
No problem. He was really great and told me that if I have any other question I can just call him. So if you have some questions.

Another thing, since my endocrinologist told me that he doesn't have a research about insulin on non-diabetic. I sent an e-mail to Lilly (the company that produce insulin.) and I asked them if they have a research about insulin on non-diabetic. As soon as they answered me I ll keep you updates.

Adrien
J

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 06:18:38 AM »
Im booked in to see my endo in just over a months time , Ill ask the same question and we can compare to see if they have the same answers.  :)

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 09:00:27 AM »
Im booked in to see my endo in just over a months time , Ill ask the same question and we can compare to see if they have the same answers.  :)

yes please do..im interested to see what he says as well

dustin

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 05:15:48 PM »

There ya go ya idiots!!! BOOOM!!!!!!!

If anything, exogenous insulin gives your pancreas a break. I've read lots about slin, islets of Langerhans and paracrine response, etc. 65-80% of endocrine cell subsets are distributed to BETA CELLS that produce insulin and amylin. If you look at a fat fuck that has exhausted the shit out of their pancreas, you'll find that they may become a type II diabetic at some point. Even for Fatty McFuckFuck exogenous insulin might help depending on where they are in the pre diabetic stage. But if you have a bodybuilder that's obsessed over carrying sheaths of muscle with little to no bodyfat, you'll find that their pancreas is in much better condition. And exogenous insulin will make their insulin sensitivity even better in conjunction with a strict diet. It will in no way "give them teh diabeetus".

I've only spoken with one person who specialized in endocrinology and metabolism and they alluded to the same thing. I didn't have all the time in the world to bounce questions off them and they didn't want to encourage the abuse of hormones in a cosmetic and performance application. But unlike my doctor, they said they'd confide FACTS as opposed to opinion, because it's not their job to speculate and spread misinformation. It's their job to decode what the orchestra of hormones in peoples' bodies are doing. That endo knew so much about steroids and other drugs that are abused by bodybuilders as they've treated most of the bb'ers in town. It sounds like a cool profession but it takes a lot of schooling and most patients who come in are referred primarily for metabolism and treatment/prevention of diabetes. I couldn't handle talking to fat fucks about turning a blind eye to twinkies and soda pop all day without grilling them.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 05:59:22 PM »

If anything, exogenous insulin gives your pancreas a break. I've read lots about slin, islets of Langerhans and paracrine response, etc. 65-80% of endocrine cell subsets are distributed to BETA CELLS that produce insulin and amylin. If you look at a fat fuck that has exhausted the shit out of their pancreas, you'll find that they may become a type II diabetic at some point. Even for Fatty McFuckFuck exogenous insulin might help depending on where they are in the pre diabetic stage. But if you have a bodybuilder that's obsessed over carrying sheaths of muscle with little to no bodyfat, you'll find that their pancreas is in much better condition. And exogenous insulin will make their insulin sensitivity even better in conjunction with a strict diet. It will in no way "give them teh diabeetus".

I've only spoken with one person who specialized in endocrinology and metabolism and they alluded to the same thing. I didn't have all the time in the world to bounce questions off them and they didn't want to encourage the abuse of hormones in a cosmetic and performance application. But unlike my doctor, they said they'd confide FACTS as opposed to opinion, because it's not their job to speculate and spread misinformation. It's their job to decode what the orchestra of hormones in peoples' bodies are doing. That endo knew so much about steroids and other drugs that are abused by bodybuilders as they've treated most of the bb'ers in town. It sounds like a cool profession but it takes a lot of schooling and most patients who come in are referred primarily for metabolism and treatment/prevention of diabetes. I couldn't handle talking to fat fucks about turning a blind eye to twinkies and soda pop all day without grilling them.
Insulin was given to non diabetic children as a trial type thing , the theory behind this was based on how a vaccine works , maybe by giving low doses it would help in the future , guess what it diddnt so was shelved , there are no studies done to prove that insulin abuse in non diabetic patients does not cause problem one being adult onset diabetes melitus..An endo giving his personal opinion and talking of the study I just told you about is not conclusive and at best only makes you feel better.

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 06:01:54 PM »
Agreed

dustin

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 08:56:57 PM »
Insulin was given to non diabetic children as a trial type thing , the theory behind this was based on how a vaccine works , maybe by giving low doses it would help in the future , guess what it diddnt so was shelved , there are no studies done to prove that insulin abuse in non diabetic patients does not cause problem one being adult onset diabetes melitus..An endo giving his personal opinion and talking of the study I just told you about is not conclusive and at best only makes you feel better.

Look at the pharmacology again and get back to me, bud. You clearly haven't done any research into this, nor have you put your hypothesis to the test. I've done both.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 09:42:22 PM »
Look at the pharmacology again and get back to me, bud. You clearly haven't done any research into this, nor have you put your hypothesis to the test. I've done both.
Im in a much better position to comment on this than you , someone who has read his info on forums..your info saying its not even dangerous is plain idiotic , you say when I feel hypoglycemic i just eat a little carbohydrate..absolutly fukin moronic.. ::)

dustin

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 07:02:28 AM »
Im in a much better position to comment on this than you , someone who has read his info on forums..your info saying its not even dangerous is plain idiotic , you say when I feel hypoglycemic i just eat a little carbohydrate..absolutly fukin moronic.. ::)

You're an absolute moron and you know it. Read my posts - I do nothing but attack and discourage forum hri science. Insulin can be extremely safe. Why is it safe enough for a 6 year old to pin a dozen times a day but magically dangerous for an adult?

And yes, if I feel that the balance between exogenous insulin and blood sugar is too great I correct it by consuming carbs. Please, explain to me how this is idiotic. Do you piss when your bladder is full? Do you eat when you're hungry? You don't have a tenth of the knowledge necessary to hang with me little boy so hang up the diaper and get lost. You know NOTHNG beyond what you've read on forums. It's ironic that you accuse me of this. I should take a picture of the thousands of medical books I've read at my mothers'. My entire family works in the health care industry from doctors, ER nurses to care aids. I'm sure no one in your trailer park has read a book in years aside from a Cosmo or Inquirer magazine.

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 07:48:07 AM »

wrong sorry.
J

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 10:23:13 AM »
hey jay, ask him about hcg usage for guys that use gear mainly year round, is it safe to use hcg at a dose of 250ius during cycle for long periods opf time? or do cycles of hcg?
muscle

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 01:34:49 PM »
can you show me a post from anyone on his board where they make insulin use out to be "healthy"?

saying it wont cause diabetes and may help with natural glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity is one thing, "healthy" is a completely different thing.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2009, 03:56:31 PM »
You're an absolute moron and you know it. Read my posts - I do nothing but attack and discourage forum hri science. Insulin can be extremely safe. Why is it safe enough for a 6 year old to pin a dozen times a day but magically dangerous for an adult?

And yes, if I feel that the balance between exogenous insulin and blood sugar is too great I correct it by consuming carbs. Please, explain to me how this is idiotic. Do you piss when your bladder is full? Do you eat when you're hungry? You don't have a tenth of the knowledge necessary to hang with me little boy so hang up the diaper and get lost. You know NOTHNG beyond what you've read on forums. It's ironic that you accuse me of this. I should take a picture of the thousands of medical books I've read at my mothers'. My entire family works in the health care industry from doctors, ER nurses to care aids. I'm sure no one in your trailer park has read a book in years aside from a Cosmo or Inquirer magazine.
Ill be back later on to make you look stupid , Im a tad busy at present  ;)..Ive injected 100s of 1000s of units of slin in my life being insulin dependent for close to 18years , you are nothing but a phillipino book worm and the stuff you spout off about insulin is nothing short of idiotic..

You said if you feel hypoglycemic you ingest a small amount of carbs..it was the type of carbs you said dikwad..you need sugar into your blood system and fast , if you are feeling the signs having a little bite wont do shit fast enough.

dustin

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 04:36:23 PM »
Ill be back later on to make you look stupid , Im a tad busy at present  ;)..Ive injected 100s of 1000s of units of slin in my life being insulin dependent for close to 18years , you are nothing but a phillipino book worm and the stuff you spout off about insulin is nothing short of idiotic..

You said if you feel hypoglycemic you ingest a small amount of carbs..it was the type of carbs you said dikwad..you need sugar into your blood system and fast , if you are feeling the signs having a little bite wont do shit fast enough.

As soon as I feel the onset of hypoglycemia, I ingest a small amount of carbs. What's wrong with that? The amount of carbs I consume is in alignment with what I need, otherwise I would still go hypoglycemic. And have I died of diabetic coma yet? No. I'm perfectly fine. And that's because anytime I did feel hypo, I had the perfect amount of carbs or consumed more carbs until everything was squared away.

You're taking what I said out of context and blowing it up at mass proportions. You're a fucking idiot. You know it, WillGrant. You're getting owned by the handsome Filipino book work. Are you melting down in real life too? :)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 04:43:24 PM »
will whats the point your trying to make?

medical professionals trained to treat diabetics with life threatening levels of bg (blew 40) are told to do exactly what dustin is saying.... trest with oral glucose. and most emt/paramedic only carry one or two tubes of glucose gel, of each only contain 25 grams glucose.

so im not sure what your trying to say

dustin

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 05:04:52 PM »
Taylor's right again. At the hospital, when someone starts going hypo the nurses are like "oh, give him xxx amount of glucose" and some intern will take care of it. They don't shut down the hospital and call every doctor available because someone's blood sugar dropped. And like I said earlier, I ingest carbs when I feel the onset of hypoglycemia.

Will's misunderstanding lies with the degree of seriousness I'm talking about - partly because he's just a dickhead who's trying to pick apart everything I say. I'm not on the floor, drooling and convulsing with so little glucose in my system that I can hardly lift my arms to grab some sweet, sugary grape drink or anything. If this was happening on a regular occasion, I am humble enough to admit that I fucked up and it was some scary ass shit. I honestly think that during all these debates, he's probably read half of mine and Taylor's posts and found himself nodding in agreement. If not, then he's the one that's seriously mistaken. I don't know where the incredible elitist attitude is coming from.

Will, I'm always willing to admit when I'm wrong and I'm open to other ideas. This is WHY I've joined these forums. I've always been an advocate of safe and low doses. Just because I don't slam back 1000g of straight glucose because grass is green and the sky is blue, doesn't mean that I'm off base. Why does my glucose fall always fall within perfect range? I have some spare test strips that I use when I want to make sure that I'm dosing correctly, and my hypothesis is always carried out flawlessly. If I was becoming hypo and waking up from diabetic comas all the time, I would be the first to come here and warn everyone. But I just give the straight dope - bias opinions will not help to keep anyone safe.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 03:54:45 PM »
And exogenous insulin will make their insulin sensitivity even better in conjunction with a strict diet. It will in no way "give them teh diabeetus".

I don't know about this one. Taking insulin isn't really a way to increase sensitivity, especially when bodybuilders are trying to increase the amount of insulin in the body.

Type II diabetics are sometimes treated with insulin early on. This protects the pancreas, since it's sugar that damages the pancreas and other organs. If they address the cause of the insulin resistance they might be able to drop the insulin later on and their pancreas will still be healthy. However, I don't see how taking insulin would increase sensitivity.

Bodybuilders on high GH dosages sometimes find they "need" extra insulin. This protects you but doesn't really solve the insulin resistance. Probably makes it worse, since you have even more insulin floating around. It's more like a temporary safe guard against damage from high BG.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 04:01:24 PM »

Isn't the most common rec for diabetics feeling hypo to have a glass of orange juice?