Author Topic: Author confirms Bill Ayers helped Obama write 'Dreams of My Father' (You Lie!)  (Read 4396 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Author confirms Bill Ayers helped Obama write 'Dreams'
New release on president's marriage verifies work of WND's Jack Cashill pointing to ex-terrorist's role

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: September 23, 2009
6:20 pm Eastern

By Art Moore
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Confirming the literary detective work of WND columnist Jack Cashill prior to the 2008 election, author Christopher Andersen says in a newly released book that former domestic terrorist William Ayers helped Barack Obama write the president's highly acclaimed memoir "Dreams from My Father."

Get "Barack and Michelle: Portrait of an American Marriage" from WND's Superstore

Obama's 1995 book won the 2006 Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album and drew praise from Time magazine, which called it "the best-written memoir ever produced by an American politician."

But since July 2008, Cashill has unveiled in nearly two dozen columns, summarized here, his compelling evidence that the unrepentant co-founder of the radical Weather Underground group – dismissed by Obama during the campaign as just "a guy who lives in my neighborhood" – shaped and refined the book with his exceptional writing skill and radical ideas.

Get "The Audacity of Deceit: Barack Obama's War on American Values" from WND's Superstore

Cashill, who acquired a copy of Andersen's new book today, told WND the author "lays out the scenario just as I envisioned it."

Andersen, in "Barack and Michelle: Portrait of a Marriage," writes that Obama was faced with a deadline with the Time Books division of Random House to submit his manuscript after already having canceled a contract with Simon & Schuster. Confronted with the threat of a second failure, his wife, Michelle, suggested he seek the help of "his friend and Hyde Park neighbor Bill Ayers."

Obama had taped interviews with relatives to flesh out his family history, and those "oral histories, along with a partial manuscript and a truckload of notes, were given to Ayers," writes Andersen.

The author quotes a neighbor in the Hyde Park area of Chicago where Obama and Ayers lived, who says of the two, "Everyone knew they were friends and that they worked on various projects together."

"It was no secret. Why would it be? People liked them both," the neighbor said, according to Andersen.

Andersen also has written "marriage portraits" of George and Laura Bush, Bill and Hillary Clinton, and John and Jackie Kennedy. Among his other books are "Somewhere in Heaven: The Remarkable Love Story of Dana and Christopher Reeve," "Barbra: The Way She Is," "Sweet Caroline: Last Child of Camelot" and "After Diana: William, Harry, Charles, and the Royal House of Windsor."

(Story continues below)

Andersen writes:

In the end, Ayers's contribution to Barack's "Dreams from My Father" would be significant – so much so that the book's language, oddly specific references, literary devices, and themes would bear a jarring similarity to Ayers's own writing.

Andersen concludes, "Thanks to help from the veteran writer Ayers, Barack would be able to submit a manuscript to his editors at Times Books."

Andersen relied on inside sources, quite possibly Michelle Obama, to describe how "Dreams" was published, Cashill says. Andersen cites Cashill as a source, but Cashill points out in a fresh WND column today that Andersen "clearly has access to inside information that I did not have."

"His level of detail on the mechanics of the transmission goes beyond anything that I could have discovered on my own," Cashill writes.

Cashill pointed out in a column last year that in contrast to "Dreams," the Obama writing samples unearthed before 1995 "are pedestrian and uninspired."

"There is no precedent for this kind of literary transformation," Cashill wrote. "It is as if a high 90s golfer suddenly showed up with his PGA card – with no known practice rounds in between."

The evidence Cashill had gathered to that point, he said, "severely tests Obama's claim of a superficial relationship with the self-declared 'communist' Ayers. This appears to be a conscious and consequential deception."

'That's a myth'

Cashill noted in a column in May this year that Ayers was confronted at a Baltimore book-signing by a Washington Times online editor with the question of his alleged role in Obama's book.

In the encounter, which was captured on video, the Times' Kerry Picket asked Ayers if he had received any feedback from Obama on Ayers' latest book, "Race Course: Against White Supremacy."

Ayers asked rhetorically, "Why would I?"

Picket then asked, "Considering that you may have had a collaboration with 'Dreams of My Father.'"

Ayers' body language changed abruptly. Turning away from Picket, he replied curtly, "I never had a collaboration, no."

"No?" she persisted.

"That's a myth," said Ayers, ending the conversation.

Literary cabal

In an interview last night with the Fox News Channel's Sean Hannity, Andersen was asked to comment on his assertion that Ayers helped Obama write "Dreams." Hannity pointed to Andersen's observation that "the literary devices and themes" of the book "bear a jarring similarity to Ayers own writings."

"They were good friends," Andersen affirmed, recalling that during the campaign Obama denied that fact.

"There was a literary cabal there in Chicago," Andersen continued. "They were all giving each other quotes, blurbs to promote their respective books."

Hannity concluded rhetorically: "So (Obama) lied to the American people."

Andersen appeared hesitant to concur, but conceded, "Well, you know, I think, well, let's face it, during that campaign I think he was doing some backpedaling, I'll be honest. And I think that, you know, Michelle probably recommended that he not emphasize the relationship with Ayers."

Forensic evidence

Last fall, Cashill commissioned an independent scientific comparative analysis of writings by Obama and Ayers to determine whether Ayers had a significant role in the writing of "Dreams."

Cashill reported at least four different stylometric analysts supported his extensive forensic evidence.

His experts included university professors from the U.S. and England in the statistical analysis of authorship, systems engineers, writers and Ph.D. literary analysts. Most, particularly professors at public universities, asked that their names not be revealed.

One analyst said it was possible Ayers served as a "book doctor," drastically rewriting work Obama already had done.

Game changer

Cashill conjectures that the apparent revelation of Ayers part in Obama's book would have changed the outcome of the 2008 election.

He recalls that Chris Matthews, host of MSNBC's "Hardball, mocked the Republicans' 2008 vice presidential candidate, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, for needing a collaborator for her book, because "she can't write."

Cashill comments in his column today that as "the Obama-as-Milli Vanilli story unfolds, Matthews and those willfully blind souls like him are in for a shock."

"To admit that Obama needed a collaborator would have undercut his campaign for president," Cashill says, "and to reveal the name of that collaborator would have ended it."

________________________ ________________________ _____________________

Wow - Palin was right again! 

Amazing, the dunce Palin is firing on all cylinders and once again is proven correct on another issue. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This author confirms what us crazy right wing fanatics said before the election.

Dear Leader was friends with Ayers and very close with him.   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Since we don't know for sure...yet or ever. Take the Barrack out of this and add some other guy...people would or could easily believe this, its happened before. People make shit up and guys like this can figure out based on "writing forensics" whats going on. We've always maintained that Barry is full of shit and this is more anecdotal evidence. I never for one minute believe he wasn't close with Ayers. This guy annoited Barry, thats how things work in Chicago. This thread will die....but its just one more thing about this guy...not that I could hate him any worse.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Is Obama Naïve?   [Michael Ledeen]

I don't think so. I think that he rather likes tyrants and dislikes America. I think he'd like to be more powerful, I think he is trying to get control over as much of our lives as he can, so that he can put an end to the annoying tumult of our public life. As when he said (about health care) to the Congress, "Okay, you've talked enough, now it's time to do the right thing (my thing)." And he's trying to end American power in the outside world. He's saying "I'm going to stop us, before we kill again."

There is nothing unusual about elitist hatred of freedom. Back in the 18th century, when book publishing really got going, British authors were infuriated that they had to submit to the judgment of a marketplace. They didn't want to be judged by people who were obviously inferior to them, and there was a great rage among the intelligentsia, including some very famous men. And in modern times, we can all name famous intellectuals who fawned all over Mussolini, Stalin, Fidel, and even Hitler.

American politics are very fractious, and always have been. Leaders are constantly frustrated, and some of them come to yearn for an end to our freedom. They think they know best, they just want to tell us what to do and have us shut up and do it. I think Obama is one of them. He's not naïve. It's different. He doesn't like the way things work here, he thinks he can do much better, and he's possessed of the belief that America has done a lot of terrible things in the world, and should be prevented from doing such things ever again. The two convictions mesh perfectly. It's The Best and the Brightest run amok.

Democratic leaders' envy of tyrants' power can be understood. But it can't be forgiven.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Hmmm, he neglected to mention "Dreams of My Fathers"

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Since we don't know for sure...yet or ever. Take the Barrack out of this and add some other guy...people would or could easily believe this, its happened before. People make shit up and guys like this can figure out based on "writing forensics" whats going on. We've always maintained that Barry is full of shit and this is more anecdotal evidence. I never for one minute believe he wasn't close with Ayers. This guy annoited Barry, thats how things work in Chicago. This thread will die....but its just one more thing about this guy...not that I could hate him any worse.

Seems to me that Ayers annoints ALL Chicago libs.  Just my opinion...

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
The "confirms" in the title of this thread should be placed in quotation marks and followed by an eyeroll smiley.

Andersen's main source for this portion of  the book is... Cashill.  ::) He even directly quotes him several times. He doesn't offer up any compelling evidence aside from what Cashill has written about (if you can call that compelling.)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
True or False, fucking Bill Ayers should not be walking around free.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Author confirms Bill Ayers helped Obama write 'Dreams'
New release on president's marriage verifies work of WND's Jack Cashill pointing to ex-terrorist's role

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: September 23, 2009
6:20 pm Eastern

By Art Moore
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Confirming the literary detective work of WND columnist Jack Cashill prior to the 2008 election, author Christopher Andersen says in a newly released book that former domestic terrorist William Ayers helped Barack Obama write the president's highly acclaimed memoir "Dreams from My Father."

Get "Barack and Michelle: Portrait of an American Marriage" from WND's Superstore

Obama's 1995 book won the 2006 Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album and drew praise from Time magazine, which called it "the best-written memoir ever produced by an American politician."

But since July 2008, Cashill has unveiled in nearly two dozen columns, summarized here, his compelling evidence that the unrepentant co-founder of the radical Weather Underground group – dismissed by Obama during the campaign as just "a guy who lives in my neighborhood" – shaped and refined the book with his exceptional writing skill and radical ideas.

Get "The Audacity of Deceit: Barack Obama's War on American Values" from WND's Superstore

Cashill, who acquired a copy of Andersen's new book today, told WND the author "lays out the scenario just as I envisioned it."

Andersen, in "Barack and Michelle: Portrait of a Marriage," writes that Obama was faced with a deadline with the Time Books division of Random House to submit his manuscript after already having canceled a contract with Simon & Schuster. Confronted with the threat of a second failure, his wife, Michelle, suggested he seek the help of "his friend and Hyde Park neighbor Bill Ayers."

Obama had taped interviews with relatives to flesh out his family history, and those "oral histories, along with a partial manuscript and a truckload of notes, were given to Ayers," writes Andersen.

The author quotes a neighbor in the Hyde Park area of Chicago where Obama and Ayers lived, who says of the two, "Everyone knew they were friends and that they worked on various projects together."

"It was no secret. Why would it be? People liked them both," the neighbor said, according to Andersen.

Andersen also has written "marriage portraits" of George and Laura Bush, Bill and Hillary Clinton, and John and Jackie Kennedy. Among his other books are "Somewhere in Heaven: The Remarkable Love Story of Dana and Christopher Reeve," "Barbra: The Way She Is," "Sweet Caroline: Last Child of Camelot" and "After Diana: William, Harry, Charles, and the Royal House of Windsor."

(Story continues below)

Andersen writes:

In the end, Ayers's contribution to Barack's "Dreams from My Father" would be significant – so much so that the book's language, oddly specific references, literary devices, and themes would bear a jarring similarity to Ayers's own writing.

Andersen concludes, "Thanks to help from the veteran writer Ayers, Barack would be able to submit a manuscript to his editors at Times Books."

Andersen relied on inside sources, quite possibly Michelle Obama, to describe how "Dreams" was published, Cashill says. Andersen cites Cashill as a source, but Cashill points out in a fresh WND column today that Andersen "clearly has access to inside information that I did not have."

"His level of detail on the mechanics of the transmission goes beyond anything that I could have discovered on my own," Cashill writes.

Cashill pointed out in a column last year that in contrast to "Dreams," the Obama writing samples unearthed before 1995 "are pedestrian and uninspired."

"There is no precedent for this kind of literary transformation," Cashill wrote. "It is as if a high 90s golfer suddenly showed up with his PGA card – with no known practice rounds in between."

The evidence Cashill had gathered to that point, he said, "severely tests Obama's claim of a superficial relationship with the self-declared 'communist' Ayers. This appears to be a conscious and consequential deception."

'That's a myth'

Cashill noted in a column in May this year that Ayers was confronted at a Baltimore book-signing by a Washington Times online editor with the question of his alleged role in Obama's book.

In the encounter, which was captured on video, the Times' Kerry Picket asked Ayers if he had received any feedback from Obama on Ayers' latest book, "Race Course: Against White Supremacy."

Ayers asked rhetorically, "Why would I?"

Picket then asked, "Considering that you may have had a collaboration with 'Dreams of My Father.'"

Ayers' body language changed abruptly. Turning away from Picket, he replied curtly, "I never had a collaboration, no."

"No?" she persisted.

"That's a myth," said Ayers, ending the conversation.

Literary cabal

In an interview last night with the Fox News Channel's Sean Hannity, Andersen was asked to comment on his assertion that Ayers helped Obama write "Dreams." Hannity pointed to Andersen's observation that "the literary devices and themes" of the book "bear a jarring similarity to Ayers own writings."

"They were good friends," Andersen affirmed, recalling that during the campaign Obama denied that fact.

"There was a literary cabal there in Chicago," Andersen continued. "They were all giving each other quotes, blurbs to promote their respective books."

Hannity concluded rhetorically: "So (Obama) lied to the American people."

Andersen appeared hesitant to concur, but conceded, "Well, you know, I think, well, let's face it, during that campaign I think he was doing some backpedaling, I'll be honest. And I think that, you know, Michelle probably recommended that he not emphasize the relationship with Ayers."

Forensic evidence

Last fall, Cashill commissioned an independent scientific comparative analysis of writings by Obama and Ayers to determine whether Ayers had a significant role in the writing of "Dreams."

Cashill reported at least four different stylometric analysts supported his extensive forensic evidence.

His experts included university professors from the U.S. and England in the statistical analysis of authorship, systems engineers, writers and Ph.D. literary analysts. Most, particularly professors at public universities, asked that their names not be revealed.

One analyst said it was possible Ayers served as a "book doctor," drastically rewriting work Obama already had done.

Game changer

Cashill conjectures that the apparent revelation of Ayers part in Obama's book would have changed the outcome of the 2008 election.

He recalls that Chris Matthews, host of MSNBC's "Hardball, mocked the Republicans' 2008 vice presidential candidate, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, for needing a collaborator for her book, because "she can't write."

Cashill comments in his column today that as "the Obama-as-Milli Vanilli story unfolds, Matthews and those willfully blind souls like him are in for a shock."

"To admit that Obama needed a collaborator would have undercut his campaign for president," Cashill says, "and to reveal the name of that collaborator would have ended it."

________________________ ________________________ _____________________

Wow - Palin was right again! 

Amazing, the dunce Palin is firing on all cylinders and once again is proven correct on another issue. 

its from 333386 it must be credable bwaahahaha :D :D ::) ::)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
its from 333386 it must be credable bwaahahaha :D :D ::) ::)

How to end this thread:

1 -Google search "Christoher Andersen" with special attention to funding from think-tanks or idealogical pressure groups. Excessive bulk buying of his book by only right-wing owned bookstores might also be enlightning.

2 -Use a plagiarism algorithm on all of Obama's writings (excluding "Dreams of My Father"), use the same algorithm on Ayers' work. Then allow the algorithm to decide the authorship of "Dreams of my Father"
(this is how they identiied the Anonymous behind "Primary Colours")

...or you could just re-hash the election all over again for the next four years on FOX News.

The Luke

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
How to end this thread:

1 -Google search "Christoher Andersen" with special attention to funding from think-tanks or idealogical pressure groups. Excessive bulk buying of his book by only right-wing owned bookstores might also be enlightning.

2 -Use a plagiarism algorithm on all of Obama's writings (excluding "Dreams of My Father"), use the same algorithm on Ayers' work. Then allow the algorithm to decide the authorship of "Dreams of my Father"

...or you could just re-hash the election all over again for the next four years on FOX News.

The Luke
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
How to end this thread:

The Luke

This was a big issue before the election and ZERO was able to get through the primaries and general election because he lied through his teeth about this and had his pratorian guard in the media do the same.

Had the general public been told the truth, as Palin said, that in fact Obama did pal around with terrorists, he never would have been elected.  Additonally, it would have undercut the other big lie that Obama is some brilliant writer, which he is not. 

Finally, the reason these issues are still discussed is because Obama has done everything to hide his past and have never authorized the realse of his college records, law school records, etc. 

To me, this is significant because it exposes the fallacy that Obama did not have a close relationship to this terrorist.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Cashill just came out with a book destroying the whole obama lie machine on this. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
bump

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
This author confirms

I'll stop you right there -

While I 100% agree obama and ayers wre great friends...

you seriously say that the word of some obscure lib author that grew up palling around with terr'ists is suddenly credible?

Shit 33, WTF .... your standards for evidence are pretty thin, bro.   His "word" isn't worth shit, I'm afraid... You'd agree if you didn't want to agree with him so much. 

I agree with him 100%, but see the burden of proof as much higher.