Author Topic: "Has the Federal Reserve Ever Tried to Manipulate the Stock Market "  (Read 2914 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Alan Grayson made great strides today in getting the Federal Reserve to admit that there is a problem with the ownership of Fed gold and has gotten the General Council of the Federal Reserve, Scott G. Alvarez, to agree to a GAO audit..of sorts.

Here is the exchange and you can tell that Mr. Alverez is dancing around the gold audit question trying to steer the line of questioning towards the physical presence of the gold and NOT any ownership issues related to loans, swaps or derivatives.

In what I consider an astounding and clear admission from the General Counsel of the Federal Reserve, Scott Alvarez, he admitted if the ongoing push to audit the Federal Reserve becomes a reality, “Foreign central banks and governments likely would be less willing to engage in financial transactions with the Federal Reserve if these transactions were subject to policy review by the GAO.”

While this may sound like some general statement from the Alvarez, its’ extraordinary in that he’s basically admitting that the Federal Reserve is making all sorts of deals and transactions with foreign governments and central banks, and if the political leaders and citizens find out about it, their foreign allies wouldn’t engage in financial transactions with us? Why not? What would we find out about them that they don’t want us to know?

Alvarez doesn’t stop there though, he has a lot more to say in his prepared statement in talking to the House Financial Services Committee hearing, he added, “These concerns likely would increase inflation fears and market interest rates and, ultimately, damage economic stability and job creation.”

This is of course all about the legislation introduced by Ron Paul to have the Federal Reserve audited by the Government Accountability Office. Of course the more the FED fights this, the more it looks like, and probably is a reality, that they have a lot to hide, of which they don’t want anyone to know about.

The same way they can use figures and assertions to confuse people who don’t know much about this, I think once the data is released to the public and the media, there will be so many questions generated from it, that the former lack of understanding would be changed, and a new empowered financial media and populace would probably be astonished and outraged over what is discovered.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Re: "Has the Federal Reserve Ever Tried to Manipulate the Stock Market "
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 11:26:59 AM »
Always an excuse with these people.

When it was the banks running amok & needing bailouts. Why couldn't we let them fail ? Because the common people would lose their savings/pensions.

Obviously, lots of things are being hidden and now they are trying to scare people away from finding out.

Given what has happened over the past 18 months. Do we think they are hiding things because :

a) They don't want us to get hurt ?
b) They knee deep in shit & are covering their asses ?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 11:48:59 AM »
They are called the PLUNGE PROTECTION TEAM...essentially MANIPULATORS of the market to make it rise when they want and fall when they want. Wall Street is more corrupt and controlled than Las Vegas. Yeah Baby!
C

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 12:11:41 PM »
Always an excuse with these people.

When it was the banks running amok & needing bailouts. Why couldn't we let them fail ? Because the common people would lose their savings/pensions.

Obviously, lots of things are being hidden and now they are trying to scare people away from finding out.

Given what has happened over the past 18 months. Do we think they are hiding things because :

a) They don't want us to get hurt ?
b) They knee deep in shit & are covering their asses ?

lol

So true. If an audit showed everything was in order, which they claim it is, how could that do any harm? They obviously are up to their eyeballs in shit and that's why they keep throwing out these scare mongering scenarios.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 12:20:12 PM »
didnt they admit an audit would be a terrible thing?  like, dont audit us, cause the answers will likely mean the $ you do have won't be worth charmin?

in that case, i'd let that sleeping dog lie

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 12:38:03 PM »
didnt they admit an audit would be a terrible thing?  like, dont audit us, cause the answers will likely mean the $ you do have won't be worth charmin?

in that case, i'd let that sleeping dog lie

Glad to know freedom,, justice and true transparency can count on you.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 12:43:01 PM »
The FED=

Purge_WTF

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 01:52:16 PM »

He's coming for them.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 02:09:28 PM »
I love this fixation all of my fellow Gringos have with the quintessential maverick to "take care of things".

Yes, I am talking about the Obamas, Ron Pauls and the rest of the gang.

The cavalry ain't coming to save the day people.

Grow up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 02:28:57 PM »
Glad to know freedom,, justice and true transparency can count on you.

oh, i agree the whole thing is a corrupt house of cards.  I just think the morally 'right' thing to do would turn this place into a 3rd world shithole overnight.  All money is just sham asset mgmt system.  some guys managed to rob this one.  it is what it is.  I can't do shinola to change it.  We all know you are 100% right on this issue, bindare.  I dont think anyone's arguing that. 

My Q is, how would our quality of life change (if any) over the next 20 years if they audited?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 02:36:50 PM »
I love this fixation all of my fellow Gringos have with the quintessential maverick to "take care of things".

Grow up.
Great post.
A real hail Mary. game changer. A clutch moment.

8)
As empty as paradise

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 02:42:32 PM »
Great post.
A real hail Mary. game changer. A clutch moment.

8)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks, I needed a laugh.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 02:51:39 PM »
Needless to say we know what the problem is. Now the question is WHAT can we do about it? I surf getbig every week end hoping to see someone post some type of real solution to the real problems, and instead I always find the same videos about coverups, scandals, secret societies, corruption, et cetera.

In my opinion, it is only HH6 and a handful others (to some extent 333333) who actively offer solutions, drastic ones in some cases, on what to actually do.

We've diagnosed the problemS.

Now what?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 04:02:21 PM »
Needless to say we know what the problem is. Now the question is WHAT can we do about it? I surf getbig every week end hoping to see someone post some type of real solution to the real problems, and instead I always find the same videos about coverups, scandals, secret societies, corruption, et cetera.

In my opinion, it is only HH6 and a handful others (to some extent 333333) who actively offer solutions, drastic ones in some cases, on what to actually do.

We've diagnosed the problemS.

Now what?

So you went and bough the guns I suggested Slapper?  Only kidding. 

Seriously though, I try never to make it personal with most people.  There is one or two others here I cant stand, but overall, Getbig political boards are pretty fun overall. 

BTW - did you see that Westchester is now the highest taxed county in the nation? 

My GF is now pressing me to move to Fairfield Co. in CT. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 07:07:31 PM »

Grow up.

As you may already know, I do agree with you on many things but on this one you get a serious ::)

294 Republicans and Democrats have signed on to Ron PAuls bill to audit the Federal Reserve. So what started with one politician grew to 294 politicians and 75% of the population wanting an audit. Are you suggesting that what and how the Fed does what it does is an unimportant issue to investigate?

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 04:41:15 AM »

As you may already know, I do agree with you on many things but on this one you get a serious ::)

294 Republicans and Democrats have signed on to Ron PAuls bill to audit the Federal Reserve. So what started with one politician grew to 294 politicians and 75% of the population wanting an audit. Are you suggesting that what and how the Fed does what it does is an unimportant issue to investigate?

No Bindare, not at all. I am saying that we overdiagnose things. By the time we sink our teeth on the Federal Reserve the stealing will be taking place somewhere else. I saw it somewhere else. Let me give you an example. Swiss companies are well-known for passively encouraging tax fraud. To make a long story short the IRS knew this and the fact that many wealthy Americans have their fortunes stashed away somewhere in Switzerland. There's enough public discontent to make it an issue, so the IRS makes it seem as though they are going after these "cheats". What do they do? They issue a "warning" to the Swiss banks telling them to release the names. The Swiss banks accept to release SOME of the names but that they need time. The IRS gives them months to move their funds to another fiscal paradise and that's the end of the story. Rich guy never pays any taxes on the dollars they have stashed away in some Cowbell/Ricola country.

That's how they roll. It's like the NYCPD when they rush to a crimescene with all sirens going off at the same time, making as much noise as possible. I mean, I would think it'd make more sense to catch the thief in the act rather than give them an advanced warning the cops are coming.

I am in favor of using the CIA, or whoever, to find out what millionaire has what where and how much and whether he/she is paying his fair share. You know, the same way they investigate us little people.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 08:41:45 AM »
More explanations as to why there needs to be an audit.