Author Topic: Dex was robbed !  (Read 6286 times)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: Dex was robbed !
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2009, 06:12:12 PM »
175lbs by 31st July

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2009, 06:15:16 PM »
:) so at least all of the intelligent sensible getbiggers that actually understand how bodybuilding is judged agree with me.

another comparison:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha what were those judges smoking  ???
I thought you were trying to show photos as an example of why Dex was allegedly robbed, this pic just shows Branch's dominance.  The only thing Dex has been robbed of is muscle mass and a decent pair of calves.
V

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2009, 06:15:44 PM »

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2009, 06:17:17 PM »
I fixed it.

Success!

congrats, now

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OM
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2009, 06:24:08 PM »
never forget what a real bodybuilder should look like:
175lbs by 31st July

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2009, 06:28:20 PM »
Nah, I hear you Pandarella about Branch vs. Dex. But Jay was the clear winner. It's been a while since it's been this decisive. Bodybuilding, beginning with Dorian and especially with Coleman, is a freak show. It ain't a beauty contest. Few look at these guys and say "That's how I want to look." It's about comic book like proportions and jaw dropping mass. When Jay first walked out I just thought, "Holy shit! What a monster!"

It's a show. A freak show. If I want to look at twinks with 30 inch waists and 15 inch arms I'd buy Men's fitness. Then I'd kill myself for being a homo.

Besides, the only way I can look at oiled men in thongs is when they look like beasts. Branch, Coleman and Jay, who in this shot just looks like he's dripping with muscle. I mean, Jesus Fuking Christ!

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2009, 06:29:48 PM »
jay is hardly arnold or nasser either though  ;D

i have never managed to sit through and endure a jay video from start to finish, they all are boring as hell.

dexters was too though, but he's only had 3, jay has had 5/6 ? with all being a cure for insomnia.

great reference in a great thread by the greatest getbigger  ;D ;D

aglifter

• Getbig III
  • Conan! What is best in life?
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2009, 06:31:17 PM »
The IFBB is sending a message to Dex to FUCK OFF.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2009, 06:31:29 PM »
you may be right about his lack of charisma but this should not be counted when judging!!..

anyway since 2001 dex never beat an ON jay so I expected jay to beat him (as most of the ppl here did) as soon as I noticed jay was clearly on.. it was like another dorian/shawn ray comparison.. this tells you too how better the guys of the 90s were, just compare jay to dorian and dex to ray!!..

Agree about the fact that his personality shouldn't affect his placing. That's why I mentioned his lack of charisma in regards to why he made a poor Mr Olympia and not in the context of judging.

I wouldn't have complained if they swapped Dex's place with Branch, but Dex wasn't as sharp as we've seen him look and looked softer on Saturday, whereas Branch got harder. I think the judges penalized Dex for not living up to his rep.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2009, 06:32:34 PM »
::) pity about his back though.

A pity for Dex.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2009, 06:34:04 PM »
Nah, I hear you Pandarella about Branch vs. Dex. But Jay was the clear winner. It's been a while since it's been this decisive. Bodybuilding, beginning with Dorian and especially with Coleman, is a freak show. It ain't a beauty contest. Few look at these guys and say "That's how I want to look." It's about comic book like proportions and jaw dropping mass. When Jay first walked out I just thought, "Holy shit! What a monster!"

It's a show. A freak show. If I want to look at twinks with 30 inch waists and 15 inch arms I'd buy Men's fitness. Then I'd kill myself for being a homo.

Besides, the only way I can look at oiled men in thongs is when they look like beasts. Branch, Coleman and Jay, who in this shot just looks like he's dripping with muscle. I mean, Jesus Fuking Christ!

WELL SAID!  no way Dex beats that,,,no way!
you are gay.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2009, 06:38:21 PM »
Agree about the fact that his personality shouldn't affect his placing. That's why I mentioned his lack of charisma in regards to why he made a poor Mr Olympia and not in the context of judging.

I wouldn't have complained if they swapped Dex's place with Branch, but Dex wasn't as sharp as we've seen him look and looked softer on Saturday, whereas Branch got harder. I think the judges penalized Dex for not living up to his rep.

but as FP clearly mentioned it’s not a CONDITION ONLY game!!.. branch has thick quads and chest and his condition was great but then what??.. he has a lot of flaws that make his physique clearly unproportional..  his arms are weaker than dorian’s, can you imagine!!...................... ;D

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2009, 06:39:36 PM »
Dexter was robbed of second place, but NOT the title. Sorry.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2009, 06:42:14 PM »
but as FP clearly mentioned it’s not a CONDITION ONLY game!!.. branch has thick quads and chest and his condition was great but then what??.. he has a lot of flaws that make his physique clearly unproportional..  his arms are weaker than dorian’s, can you imagine!!...................... ;D

Dex does have better shape than Branch, but Branch looks decent in most of the mandatories, except for the front double biceps and  most muscular. Plus, the Olympia is always about conditioning more than just shape alone. I didn't expect Branch to be second either, but I can see why he got awarded that placing. Had Dex been as sharp as he was last year, Branch would have been third.

ibfasport

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2009, 06:48:07 PM »
Branch becond blace, bood bor bim

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2009, 06:50:03 PM »
Dex does have better shape than Branch, but Branch looks decent in most of the mandatories, except for the front double biceps and  most muscular. Plus, the Olympia is always about conditioning more than just shape alone. I didn't expect Branch to be second either, but I can see why he got awarded that placing. Had Dex been as sharp as he was last year, Branch would have been third.

it's not only dex. but imo kai and heath too deserved to beat branch.. if condition is that important why a guy like Andreas Munzer never placed in the top six??.. at least his shape was better than branch!!.. even branch’s best body part, his quads, don’t look good, they are thick and big for sure but they don’t look good and each quad has a separate shape (as they were from 2 different guys)!!..

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2009, 09:36:04 PM »

Holy shit! I missed this pic. Great find, FP. I'm saving this to my disk as a prime example of how dominating Jay was that night. He makes Dex look like a little boy. Look at the width of that White bastard! One of Jay's quads alone can practically block out the entire body of Dexter.

Just destroyed everybody.

are you serious?

being BIG doesnt win- and isnt the criteria of the mr.olympia.

that pic shows how much better a bodybuilder that Dex is than Jay. Sure its genetics, but Dex looks sculptured whereas Jay looks like masses of slapped on muscle with a bit of shape. Everything Dex has looks like it's meant to be there.

same can be said for the rest of the top 10- loads of muscle all over the place but none of them have it where it supposed to be.

I'll say it again...do the front double Bi and then see who's got the goods. they all look like poo 'cept for Dex...who looks awesome.

he doesnt need any more muscle...he needs BB to be judged according to the criteria of the best BB...not the most massive or the tallest or the most ripped.

pure and simple it goes to who looks the best. In that pic Dex has an upper body very reminiscent of Sergio's IMO. Very similar shape across the pecs and traps..but Dex's arms are even more freaky than Sergios.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2009, 02:07:17 AM »
are you serious?

being BIG doesnt win- and isnt the criteria of the mr.olympia.

WHAT? No, are you SERIOUS? Being big has everything to do with being Mr. Olympia. Like it or not that is the direction the sport has taken. It's no about longer Zane, Paris, Labrada.... it's about monsters. Larger than life cartoon like characters. That's what people want to see and that's the way it is. In a sense it's always been that way with Arnold and Sergio making the biggest impact from back in the good old iron age days.  After Dorian and then Coleman bodybuilding's fate was sealed. You, personally, may want to look nice and pretty but when it comes to top of the top bodybuilding people want to see monsters that look like they come from another world.

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2009, 02:25:43 AM »
Team midget got bulldozed by Team Aryan

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2009, 03:04:47 AM »
Team midget got bulldozed by Team Aryan

Beautifully stated. And hopefully when Jay retires the other huge Aryan bastard Wolf will take up the mantel.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2009, 03:22:38 AM »
Hah, what was with the germans posing to rammstein?  Do they have one metal band?

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2009, 06:26:59 AM »
now this pic of jay and dex says it all regarding his beating of dex , how can this fridge ever ever ever beat dexter with a waist like that ::)

relax, take a deep breath

yes, cutler's waist is bigger than dex by far
but Jay's shoulder width makes that of dexter look like a ten year old

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2009, 06:30:18 AM »
Yes, the only criteria for winning the Olympia is to have a tiny waist...... ::)

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2009, 06:37:04 AM »
I come back here after a long break in the mountains of china, only to find that bodybuilding has once again threw away all credibility.
Now onto branch  >:(

This guy is hard working, has tons of mass, a heart of a lion, a never say die attitude, and possibly the best conditioning of anyone around right now including dexter. What he does not have is arms, symetry, seperation, a pleasing physique or the title of best physique in the world. He has a torn right lat, his arms are horrendous, and his body parts have no flow, and despite his great conditioning. He looks like he is made from a collection of different peoples bodyparts.

Gotta agree with that assessment. His arms are horrible and he got a wide waist with a growing palumoesque protruding stomach. Horrible!

NN

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2009, 06:38:51 AM »
dex
if you are reading this
we here do not like you

that is all