Author Topic: dexter - work ethic in FLEX - no wonder he lost  (Read 4216 times)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
dexter - work ethic in FLEX - no wonder he lost
« on: September 27, 2009, 08:22:51 PM »
the last issue of FLEX with dexter/phil on the cover, outlines how shitty dexter's work ethic is.

he refused to go heavy on anything and by heavy he means 225 on bent rows.

this was in february - wel before the olympia.

dexter is all drugs - he turned pro weighing 198 at the north america's in 98.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Rinc

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: dexter - work ethic in FLEX - no wonder he lost
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 08:25:57 PM »
I see the same lack of work ethic with Wolf and he got placed accordingly because of that.
Mr. O 09' Jay Cutler

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 09:14:41 PM »
So in 11 years he has gained 20 lbs? lol

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 09:43:18 PM »
So in 11 years he has gained 20 lbs? lol

he's listed at 235 lbs. - so he's gained almost 40 lbs of competition weight.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 10:14:39 PM »
he's listed at 235 lbs. - so he's gained almost 40 lbs of competition weight.

so he needs another 11 years to reach jay's weight :-X

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 10:26:29 PM »
the last issue of FLEX with dexter/phil on the cover, outlines how shitty dexter's work ethic is.

Tell the whole story. Because he was going heavy on one arm dumbell rows, and was egging Phil on. This is proved on vid, that was posted here a few weeks ago. Also he stated something about avoiding injuries, he has something wrong with one of biceps. At least get your shit right before you post. You only posted something based on your skewed point of view. And if Dex was so lazy, how is that he finds a way to Always come peeled---one of reasons why he's called the blade, and why he's so deadly in comp. You can't count him out, because of his conditioning.

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 11:38:22 PM »
he turned pro weighing 198 at the north america's in 98.

He weighed in at 187 when he won the North American.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 11:39:05 PM »
Everyone keeps sayin how lazy flex and dex and all those guys were and how they "never reached their real potential"...yet they're total freaks and were/are the best in the world...

Lifting smart or light doesnt always mean lazy. Plus if you're dedicated enough to compete as much as these guys, thats not lazy either. blows my mind, the lazy argument.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 05:45:47 AM »
Everyone keeps sayin how lazy flex and dex and all those guys were and how they "never reached their real potential"...yet they're total freaks and were/are the best in the world...

Lifting smart or light doesnt always mean lazy. Plus if you're dedicated enough to compete as much as these guys, thats not lazy either. blows my mind, the lazy argument.

They said that about Flex, because he didn't win the Olympia. But, that claim doesn't work, regarding Dexter, because he DID win Olympia.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 05:49:27 AM »

smart man - this is bodybuilding not powerlifting

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 05:51:37 AM »

The thing is, even if they don't train to failure they don't adjust rests between sets, volume etc, they train like they would when training to failure but just cut the sets few reps short. If Dexter added sets and rested 1 minute between sets I don't think anyone could tell he is lazy.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 06:23:25 AM »

225 on bent over rows? omg...

yes its not powerlifting its bbing blah blah blah but you need some weight to build quality mass and not waterballoon slin filled muscles.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 06:32:06 AM »
I hope Dexter consider the 202 class from now on. He'll have a better chance.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 06:33:54 AM »
Dexter's lack of work ethic is genetic. 8)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 06:37:49 AM »
is dex more pissed at losing to jay or finishing behind branch.no one expected branch there ,that was at the least heaths spot.heath has to be pissed too.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 06:55:44 AM »
I hope Dexter consider the 202 class from now on. He'll have a better chance.

That makes no sense. The man place third, for crying out loud. Plus, he just lost a title that certain folks claimed he'd never win, in the first place.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 07:07:25 AM »
is dex more pissed at losing to jay or finishing behind branch.no one expected branch there ,that was at the least heaths spot.heath has to be pissed too.

It will do good for their egos.

Next time they SHOULD be better.

aglifter

• Getbig III
  • Conan! What is best in life?
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 07:10:02 AM »
Dex has incredible genetics for getting in shape.  He probably is lazy.

Tell the whole story. Because he was going heavy on one arm dumbell rows, and was egging Phil on. This is proved on vid, that was posted here a few weeks ago. Also he stated something about avoiding injuries, he has something wrong with one of biceps. At least get your shit right before you post. You only posted something based on your skewed point of view. And if Dex was so lazy, how is that he finds a way to Always come peeled---one of reasons why he's called the blade, and why he's so deadly in comp. You can't count him out, because of his conditioning.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 07:11:39 AM »
Since Wolf is in Germany he really should hit up Dorian for a year of hardcore training. Can you imagine what the guy could look like after a year with Dorian?  :o

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 07:32:19 AM »
Big news alert, not all Pro's train using extreme heavy weight. Does not mean their lazy but know their body and how it respones. In just about any serious gym you find that the 400+ benchers do not always have the more impressive chest, than say a guy who pops out reps with 230-250 and is only concerned with BB'ing, not weight on the bar.
F

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 08:48:22 AM »
Big news alert, not all Pro's train using extreme heavy weight. Does not mean their lazy but know their body and how it respones. In just about any serious gym you find that the 400+ benchers do not always have the more impressive chest, than say a guy who pops out reps with 230-250 and is only concerned with BB'ing, not weight on the bar.
exactly my thoughts too........why do people think that because someone trains with moderate weight and some safety precautions.....they are not working hard........why would anyone want to throw up 405 on rows......when you can get a good feeling in the muscles and row with 225-275. Remember.......Haney had one of the best backs in history.......he would row with 185. Smart training will get you results and keep you from getting injured. Dexter is awesome and will be back next year for the Olympia.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 08:50:17 AM »
He is not all drug. He trains hard. But surely he doesnt own those massive genetic.

dustin

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 08:50:53 AM »
Nothing wrong with "smart" weight, like Jay's squats with 315lbs. But it looks like Dex is nothing but a straight up pussy. Big nose black with too much attitude and a ninja turtle shell for a midsection. All nose.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 08:53:47 AM »
jayson cutler,,does not train hard at all i visit him occassion and he comes to scottsdale and we train all time,,he does bent over row 315 for 12 and i know guys who show off in gym and do 405 swining left and right,,,,people call jayson pussy in gym when they see 150lber doing 405,,ALL BODYBUILDERS ARE PUSSYS THEY TRAIN LIGHT AS POSSIBLE TO STIMULTE AND GO HOME ONLY THE SKINNIEST PEOPLE TRAIN WITH HEAVY WEIGHTS TO TRY TO GET ATTENTION

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 10:35:34 AM »
jayson cutler,,does not train hard at all i visit him occassion and he comes to scottsdale and we train all time,,he does bent over row 315 for 12 and i know guys who show off in gym and do 405 swining left and right,,,,people call jayson pussy in gym when they see 150lber doing 405,,ALL BODYBUILDERS ARE PUSSYS THEY TRAIN LIGHT AS POSSIBLE TO STIMULTE AND GO HOME ONLY THE SKINNIEST PEOPLE TRAIN WITH HEAVY WEIGHTS TO TRY TO GET ATTENTION
And if anybod has seen Dex's Muscletime Dvd, he's a solid trainer, he's not gonna beat his partner in the ground like Shawn Ray, but he's solid. Funny how everybody calls one of the most shredded bodybuildes of all time, "lazy". What happen to Jay last year, or Branch for the past couple of years?