Author Topic: About the Olympia or any show judging in general.  (Read 516 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
About the Olympia or any show judging in general.
« on: September 28, 2009, 01:19:28 AM »
Ok, thats a stupid question of mine but ive always wondered.

How do the judges manage to fully judge a physique in this 2-3 sec pose?

I mean in the prejudging for example we might have like 5-6 guys up there, so they do a rear db for 2-3 secs.

How can the judge take his time to judge correctly?

Ive tried myself and all i do is to firstly watch the guy whos back stands out most - the biggest.

are they THAT experienced?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: About the Olympia or any show judging in general.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 07:36:01 PM »
Mezo, In cases like this I usually suggest that you attend a local show and sit in as a test judge and get a feel for how it's actually done.

I also suggest that any competitive bodybuilder who has the potential to compete on the national level, do likewise and sit in as a test judge at a local contest.

Judging a local contest is really not too difficult and the NPC scoring procedure is unquestionably the best way to determine who places where.

Check it out by actually sitting-in and I think you will agree. But just make sure that you can sit in when the score sheets are tabulated. That's where you learn the basics of how it's done.

Judging a national contest is a bit more difficult but the same procedures are used to determine the placings.

I've been around for a while and still find it difficult to place the contestants within an IFBB Pro contest though, but with experience it becomes a bit more simple.