Author Topic: Olympia: If Branch Warren were smart...  (Read 3626 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: If branch were smart...
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 04:06:29 PM »
I hope he doesn't... I'd like to see these top guys compete more often... I'd actually like to see EVERYONE other than Mr. O have to re-qualify.

Good point make them all qualify every year

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 04:17:56 PM »
HA,HA,HA let me see if I got that right.If they were as sharp,dry and conditioned as him they would have beaten him.Is that all?If my sister had balls she would be my brother.If Flex Wheeler was as dry and conditioned as Dorian he would have beaten him.Vic has NEVER EVER been that conditioned,nor has Phil.Wolf has,but shrinks and Dexter is great and Kai is great.So,you have TWO  guys there who get into that kind of condition.

What makes you think Branch cant get into that kind of condition again and those guys dont?

Vic doesn't need to be in Branch's condition to beat Branch. If he is in the shape he was at the 2007 Mr Olympia, he'd have beaten Branch easily, same as Phil on Saturday night. Kai and Wolf can also beat Branch if they are in their 09 AC and 07 Olympia shapes respectively.

Conditioning is hit or miss and it was hit with Branch while miss with a lot of the guys. There are guys who go from placing first to eighth to first again, over a period of few months. Are you saying a young guy like Wolf or Heath will never ever peak properly for a show again ever? My point is that if they did, they'd place over Branch, irrespective of whether he's at his best or worst.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 04:19:03 PM »
Vic doesn't need to be in Branch's condition to beat Branch. If he is in the shape he was at the 2007 Mr Olympia, he'd have beaten Branch easily, same as Phil on Saturday night. Kai and Wolf can also beat Branch if they are in their 09 AC and 07 Olympia shapes respectively.

Conditioning is hit or miss and it was hit with Branch while miss with a lot of the guys. There are guys who go from placing first to eighth to first again, over a period of few months. Are you saying a young guy like Wolf or Heath will never ever peak properly for a show again ever? My point is that if they did, they'd place over Branch, irrespective of whether he's at his best or worst.
Nice post

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 04:25:31 PM »
yeah i'm 250lbs contest shape right now,trying to lose the last bit of water

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2009, 04:13:31 AM »
yeah i'm trying to get down to 202 so i can do the shows

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 05:45:44 AM »
When Jay took his first one, 06, Branch had a real chance, if he had arrived in shape. Instead, he arrived in 12th place...

Didnt do the O for 2 years, came back in 2nd, nothing wrong there. He has been underrated for a while.

I think he cant really do it, body taken too much strain, too many injuries, and not exactly an appealing physique to many. Then again Jay doesnt have the prettiest body, he's won smooth and unsymmetrical, unbalanced, not the best back... but as someone else said, maybe he takes the year off, and comes in next year strong.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 08:07:27 AM »
When Jay took his first one, 06, Branch had a real chance, if he had arrived in shape. Instead, he arrived in 12th place...

Didnt do the O for 2 years, came back in 2nd, nothing wrong there. He has been underrated for a while.

I think he cant really do it, body taken too much strain, too many injuries, and not exactly an appealing physique to many. Then again Jay doesnt have the prettiest body, he's won smooth and unsymmetrical, unbalanced, not the best back... but as someone else said, maybe he takes the year off, and comes in next year strong.

Yes
But Jay's head and ears do not look like those of a gnome/goblin

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2009, 08:08:15 AM »
Yes
;D

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2009, 08:18:45 AM »
Yes

good point!

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2009, 08:25:04 AM »
good point!

many here do not see that it is ALL MARKETING
Jay is the most marketable

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Olympia: If Branch Warren were smart...
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2009, 08:26:07 AM »
Branch's 2nd place win at the Olympia just netted him $100,000.   He can wait a whole year, and choose to go for the title in 2009, or go after the Arnold Classic title, which will net him $120,000+, or even 2nd or 3rd, which is $75K or 50K.

This is Branch's time - he is at the best shape in his career.

He can make a lot of money, from contracts, guest appearances, and now, prize money.