Author Topic: Huckabee trashes the UN  (Read 3713 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Huckabee trashes the UN
« on: September 28, 2009, 08:53:20 PM »
MSNBC just showed a speech of him- he says we should chip away the UN and let it float away into the east river.  That's a huge statement - you can agree or disagree, but it's not presidential.

Does this spoil his 2012 chances with a lot of voters?

Mike Huckabee: "Time to say goodbye to the UN" - 9/26/2009

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Huckabee trashes the UN
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 08:55:18 PM »
MSNBC just showed a speech of him from recently.  He's added some weight to his frame again (he was originally a big fat guy, and he got skinny.  he spilled over lately!)

Anyway, he says we should chip away the UN and let it float away into the east river.  That's a huge statement - you can agree or disagree, but it's not presidential.

floating a trial balloon for his strategy in 2012?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:23:04 PM »
Huckabee is a tool. How can anyone take a guy seriously when all he does is talk empty rhetoric.

Listen to Huckabee's plastic one liners and then listen to fact and reason.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 09:35:27 PM »
MSNBC just showed a speech of him- he says we should chip away the UN and let it float away into the east river.  That's a huge statement - you can agree or disagree, but it's not presidential.

His chance was spoiled as soon as people heard the name HUCKABEE....sounds like a brand name for Jam or Pickles.
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 09:36:50 PM »
MSNBC just showed a speech of him- he says we should chip away the UN and let it float away into the east river.  That's a huge statement - you can agree or disagree, but it's not presidential.

No, it doesn't.  This plays to a pretty big portion of the republican base and even a pretty big portion of non republicans such as libertarians.  This was also pretty big talk through the 90's on the right.  I don't think it hurts him at all.  It would only hurt him for the most part with people that wouldn't have voted for him anyway.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 09:40:13 PM »
How can anyone take a guy seriously when all he does is talk empty rhetoric.
Did you actually really just say this :D  Because I know you know the error in this statement ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 09:59:24 PM »
Did you actually really just say this :D  Because I know you know the error in this statement ;D

double ooops on me.  :D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 10:02:30 PM »

The UN is basically worthless everyone knows that

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 10:12:11 PM »
double ooops on me.  :D
I thought you'd crack up when you re-read your words ;D  No biggie ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 10:17:14 PM »

MSLSD? Mmmmk........BTW, the UN is as much of a joke as the IFBB, they should have been done away with years ago!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 10:35:58 PM »
I thought you'd crack up when you re-read your words ;D  No biggie ;D

I'll be watching you like a hawk.  :P

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 06:04:33 AM »
if the Un is so worthless and meaningless...

why do so many people justify the invasion of iraq based upon violation of a UN ruling?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 06:06:54 AM »

why do so many people justify the invasion of iraq based upon violation of a UN ruling?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I dont like the Huckster. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 06:14:10 AM »
Hukabee sucks BUT the UN is a waste of money and time.We should bull doze it right into the east river and be done with it.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 07:14:55 AM »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That is the exact reason the UN is a joke, harsh language and resolutions are meaningless. To many back door deals and under the table money for the organization to function.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 07:34:13 AM »
That is the exact reason the UN is a joke, harsh language and resolutions are meaningless. To many back door deals and under the table money for the organization to function.
exactly the UN will not use military action unless violence is first used by the other party...sorry boys and girls i know 240 and the liberals dont like the idea of using force but its needed sometimes and if the person knows you wont hit them unless you hit someone else they will act an ass within those guidelines to get what they want...N.K., Iran ring a bell

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 07:38:53 AM »
if you want to toss the UN into the ocean - then you CANNOT justify the iraqi war based upon their resolutions.

Pick a side.  they're relevant or theyre not.

if you push them into the sea - they're not.
But if you use their findings to justify a war costing a trillion and thousands of lives - then they are.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 07:45:41 AM »
if you want to toss the UN into the ocean - then you CANNOT justify the iraqi war based upon their resolutions.

But if you use their findings to justify a war costing a trillion and thousands of lives - then they are.

The UN resolutions against Iraq were useless and accomplished nothing. There are plenty of other reasons, the only I need is Iraq breaking the terms of the cease fire.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 08:00:29 AM »
The UN resolutions against Iraq were useless and accomplished nothing. There are plenty of other reasons, the only I need is Iraq breaking the terms of the cease fire.

Correct there were other reasons.  however i'm just bored with seeing repubs scream the invasion was LEGAL because of the UN resolution.  Then in the next sentence, they're irrelevant.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 08:08:53 AM »

goodness gracious youre head is dense as shit...

thats the reason they are irrelevant b/c they wont do shit about countries breaking resolutions other then institute more shit the country will break later...

They are irrelevant in the aspect of policing internationally you agree or disagree 240

you dont think countries play the UN to get better terms in negotiations knowing the UN wont do anything military?

sorry hoss I know you and lib buddies dont like to fight but when you take military action off the table unless violence is used by the offending country as the UN has(I would think you would have to agree) you leave yourself open to saber rattleing for better terms.

AGAIN N.K., IRAN ring a FUKING BELL?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 08:16:15 AM »
goodness gracious youre head is dense as shit...

thats the reason they are irrelevant b/c they wont do shit about countries breaking resolutions other then institute more shit the country will break later...

They are irrelevant in the aspect of policing internationally you agree or disagree 240

you dont think countries play the UN to get better terms in negotiations knowing the UN wont do anything military?

sorry hoss I know you and lib buddies dont like to fight but when you take military action off the table unless violence is used by the offending country as the UN has(I would think you would have to agree) you leave yourself open to saber rattleing for better terms.

AGAIN N.K., IRAN ring a FUKING BELL?

so youre saying theyre relevant in making resolutions and impotent in enforcing them?

in that case, can we respect the word of any lawmaking body with no teeth?

Repubs need to stop using them as their justification for invading iraq.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 08:25:00 AM »

Ive never tried to justify the Iraq war.A total waste of time and 100% a war for Isreal.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 08:26:51 AM »
I think the U.N. is of limited value and I disagree with the amount of our tax dollars that go toward the U.N.  NATO seems to be a much better multi-nation organization that has actually done things.  The U.N. has so many 3rd world worthless dictators.  I can't believe we waste as much money as we do on funding the U.N.  Doesn't the U.S. disproportionally fund the U.N.?  I'm in support of anything that decreases its funding from us.
Obama has the opposite view, he believes in the U.N. and I remember something about him wanting to increase funding to the U.N.

This absolutely will not hurt Huckabee.  I don't think he'll be the nominee but I think he has a lot of common sense.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2009, 08:36:39 AM »
The UN is wortheless.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 08:41:28 AM »
The UN is the biggest piece of shit on the planet and I'm actually impressed that someone had the balls to finally stand up and admit that. This organization has accomplished nothing. They turn a blind eye to the African genocides, give podiums to dictators and psychopaths and the only action they take amounts to nothing more than harsh words. Completely useless.

Every time these assholes meet nothing is accomplished. We usually end up only hearing about what dickhead gave a rambling speech against the US and its allies. It's become little more than a forum for preaching hate.